PDA

View Full Version : Best Asus G752 Geforce driver to use?

BL_11
12-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Which geforce driver is the best for the asus g752vy?

Sheltem
12-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Personally, I am using the generic driver 376.33 (it is the latest available at the time of writing) without problems on a G752VS. I believe that there's no real gain from using the certified/tested graphics card drivers unless you need to test whether the GPU or GPU drivers are at fault when something is wrong.

JustinThyme
12-21-2016, 02:17 PM
There is no best category. Some work perfectly, some have glitches. Its also highly dependent on what you are running. I normally stay on top of it and run the latest version unless I have issues with it then roll back to the version I was using before and try again when the next release rolls around.

Right now I'm on the most current 376.33 which isn't generic, its Nvidia Game ready WHQL driver. It covers all installations of the Nvidia chips for which you selected to download. The drivers on the ASUS webpage are the same drivers that were released by Nvidia at the time they put them up there. I never source hardware specific drivers from the ASUS page, I get the from the vendors source where they are updated as released. Specifically for the G752VY I get graphics and IRST right from the source as they become available. For all others I generally leave what I installed unless a significant improvement has been made or Im having issues.

Sheltem
12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Right now I'm on the most current 376.33 which isn't generic, its Nvidia Game ready WHQL driver. It covers all installations of the Nvidia chips for which you selected to download.

Ah true, you can have different driver versions even between the cards under the same category (desktop/mobile) that do continue to receive driver updates. Still, seeing how many cards are supported by the same installer package, I hardly ever pass up the chance to call it 'generic'.

I should have just used the term 'reference' driver.