PDA

View Full Version : Ramcache for G751 laptops

Brighttail
12-24-2016, 03:36 AM
I have an Asus Rampage Extreme V and R5E10 motherboard. I love the RAMCACHE program and how it acts very much like those hybrid SSDs, finding which files you use most and putting them into memory. It has really sped up my two x99 machines.

Well i also own a g751 laptop. While I can use Asus RamDisk, I am unable to use the Asus Ramcache. It refuses to identify my machine properly so naturally it is a propriety software for I"m assuming the x99 and z170 platforms.

Considering I own two of these boards PLUS a z97 Hero and z97 Forumla, as well as z79-a motherboard, all functional in my home AND this G571-JT laptop, it would be nice to use this nifty program on all my machines.

Does Asus have a way to allow this to work on other Asus motherboard/machines? I mean the program will physically work on any machine I"m assuming that has enough RAM so it is the "CHECK" that is preventing it.

If this is a no go, are there any other programs out there that does the same type of thing? I can use RAMDISK for things like browser cache but I really do like the ability of RAMCACHE to save everything to my HD on shut down. Ram Disk you have to manually sync it before shut down. I can use ATI RADEON RamDisk but same thing.

Chino, Bahz, someone? I really like the Asus RamCache and would like to use it but can only do so on 2 of my 5 motherboards and not on this laptop.

Thanks,

BT

JustinThyme
12-24-2016, 06:37 AM
The only thing I know that works is the older Samsung rapid mode on samsung drives 950 and older. Doesnt work on the 960 pro. But then it has to be a consumer variety SSD. Personally Im not a big fan of it. works great for indexing but the single biggest drawback is anything that is in volatile memory when your machine has a brain fart is lost forever.

Brighttail
12-24-2016, 07:06 PM
Rapid mode never worked on a 950. Even the older modes. :(

Brighttail
12-25-2016, 02:57 AM
Hey Bahz. Any possible way to let this software work for some of our other motherboards/laptops if we own already a R5E and R5E10?? :) Works great on those to, would love to use it on the laptop and other motherboards!

JustinThyme
12-26-2016, 05:20 AM
Rapid mode never worked on a 950. Even the older modes. :(

Never tried it, I went to two 950s in raid 0 . As soon as you enable raid in the BIOS the Samsung software and drivers can no longer see the drives.

Bahz
02-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Hey Bahz. Any possible way to let this software work for some of our other motherboards/laptops if we own already a R5E and R5E10?? :) Works great on those to, would love to use it on the laptop and other motherboards!

Sorry I missed this, unfortunately this software only works for more recent generation boards. RAMCache II is designed to work only for Z270 boards and the GR8 desktop lineup so regarding if it will have future support for older hardware is still a question.

Brighttail
02-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Sorry I missed this, unfortunately this software only works for more recent generation boards. RAMCache II is designed to work only for Z270 boards and the GR8 desktop lineup so regarding if it will have future support for older hardware is still a question.

Well foo. I have the original on my x99 motherboard and really do enjoy it.

Sadly that means I'll have to buy Primocache or something else. I'd prefer to buy the RAMCache program, but if it isn't possible... Thanks anyway. :)