PDA

View Full Version : Does xg station2 not support G752VY?

Kairess
12-29-2016, 03:06 AM
The ASUS homepage states that G702VM is supported.

Does not support G752VY?

BoutTime01
12-29-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm interested to know if my G752VT will be supported after a BIOS update. They both have TB3 ports so I'm hoping the plan is to support them both. Otherwise it's pointless Asus changing their minds from the original proprietary Connector.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jonshock
12-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Im curious if I use an TB2 to TB3 adapter would it work.

theGOAT
12-30-2016, 05:42 AM
how bout make a petition to support g752 units?

JustinThyme
12-30-2016, 05:53 AM
How about they release it? Just that in itself would be nice. Been over a year! Was supposed to be out Q2 of 2016!
Razer has one out that is supposed to support anything with a Thunderbolt 3.
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-core
ASUS spent so much time in the jack yard backing off with this I got tired of waiting and did a desktop build that puts it to shame. I got to thinking and by the time you are done with having the buy a new Laptop, The dock and new GPU you are halfway to an awesome desktop which is what I was using my G752VY for most of the time anyhow. Now it spends most of the time collecting dust unless Im working out of town or at the camp resort in the summer.

BoutTime01
12-30-2016, 09:03 AM
How about they release it? Just that in itself would be nice. Been over a year! Was supposed to be out Q2 of 2016!
Razer has one out that is supposed to support anything with a Thunderbolt 3.
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-core
ASUS spent so much time in the jack yard backing off with this I got tired of waiting and did a desktop build that puts it to shame. I got to thinking and by the time you are done with having the buy a new Laptop, The dock and new GPU you are halfway to an awesome desktop which is what I was using my G752VY for most of the time anyhow. Now it spends most of the time collecting dust unless Im working out of town or at the camp resort in the summer.
All true.......which is why these things will have a price ceiling. They can only be worth so much to buy until a desktop build becomes better value. For me 250 should be the absolute maximum. They shouldn't be targeting people with a GTX 10** laptop as these should be offering more than enough performance on their own.

Also the Razer Core isn't easily available in the UK yet either.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk