PDA

View Full Version : G752VM Raid 0 Questions

jmac757
01-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Hi all, hoping to get some help here. After googeling and searching I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on how to setup RAID 0 on my G752VM-RB71. It originally shipped with a 1TB HDD. I've added 2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512GB M.2 SSD's. I have been able to get one of the SSD's to become my boot drive after imagining the 1TB HDD on to the SSD. The problem is I can't get the 2 SSD's into a RAID 0 configuration.

I have the latest BIOS, v302, and the latest IRST drivers. When I go into BIOS, the SATA configuration is set to AHCI, and down below I have a selection for NVME configuration. When I set the SATA config to RAID, the NVME configuration option goes away. When I reboot the system, it won't even see my SSD. Going back into the BIOS, I now have the Intel Raid Storage Technology option, but it only shows the 1 TB HDD. Setting the SATA config back to AHCI allows the system to see the NVME drives, but I don't have any options to build a RAID. CTRL+I does nothing.

If anyone can provide some insight, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

jmac757
01-04-2017, 12:53 AM
I attempted to give ASUS support a try. No dice.

ASUS Support

Creighton H.
Support Representative
Good
Creighton H.
Hello JEREMY, thank you for contacting ASUS support. Please give me a few moments to review your information. I will be with you shortly.

Hi Jeremy. How are you today?

JEREMY
I'm doing ok. you?

Creighton H.
Not bad, thanks for asking Jeremy.

How may I assist you today?

JEREMY
my laptop originally shipped with only a 1TB HDD installed. I added 2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 M.2 NVME SSD's. Both of the SSD's are registering fine with no problems. I am trying to figure out how to put both of the SSD's into a RAID 0 configuration. I have the latest BIOS version , 302, and the latest IRST driver off of your support site. I am currently using 1 of the SSD's to boot off of, so I know i can't just go into windows and enable the RAID. I'm trying not to load a fresh copy of windows because i don't want to lose the factory settings and optimizations. I have made an image of the original boot drive when i first got the laptop, so i can use that to load the laptop if i can get the system to put the 2 drives into a RAID.

Creighton H.
I am sorry to advise that we are not able to assist you with setting up RAID 0. However I can advise you that what you are requesting is not possible as both drives has to be the same exact specifications and given that these drive has size difference what you want to do would not be possible.

JEREMY
the 2 SSD's are identical. they are both M.2 NVME 512GB.
Toshiba OCZ RD400

Creighton H.
I understand, however this is a process we do not assist with overall, however you can check google for the steps in getting the process done.

JEREMY
I've tried that. Thanks for your help. I'll keep looking