PDA

View Full Version : Z270 Deluxe

SamDaniel
01-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Could anyone please let me know that if there is a chance that ASUS will release
Z270-Deluxe just as ASUS released for Z170. if yes then what's the expected release date?

Many Thanks.
Sam

Raja@ASUS
01-16-2017, 09:47 AM
No Z270-Deluxe is planned, sorry. Its role is filled by the Maximus IX Code.

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 06:26 AM
That is the stupidest F decision Asus has made in years. Not everyone wants your garbage a** Gaming branded stuff it's stupid. Especially when they all look the same. Some of us (A TON if I remember correctly) like the Deluxe. Like a high end motherboard that's white (unlike your garbage a** Prime) and not slathered with "gaming" or "rog" stupid. I will officially make the switch to Gigabyte now for their Gaming 9 or a high end Asrock. Because they make High END white. The G9 has 22 power phases and is by far better than any of your new ROG boards. z270 Deluxe or I drop Asus crap. Real talk. Either that or why don't you PUT OUT A STABLE F'N BIOS FOR KABY LAKE SO I CAN KEEP MY 170 DELUXE A STABLE KABY LAKE BIOS I CAN OVERCLOCK WITH CUZ 2202 SUCKS SAME WITH THE 3XXX VERSION SUCKS ASUS YOU ARE GOING DOWN HILL GIGABYTE IS MAKING FAR BETTER PRODUCTS THIS YEAR STUPID AS ****

Raja@ASUS
01-21-2017, 07:13 AM
That is the stupidest F decision Asus has made in years. Not everyone wants your garbage a** Gaming branded stuff it's stupid. Especially when they all look the same. Some of us (A TON if I remember correctly) like the Deluxe. Like a high end motherboard that's white (unlike your garbage a** Prime) and not slathered with "gaming" or "rog" stupid. I will officially make the switch to Gigabyte now for their Gaming 9 or a high end Asrock. Because they make High END white. The G9 has 22 power phases and is by far better than any of your new ROG boards. z270 Deluxe or I drop Asus crap. Real talk. Either that or why don't you PUT OUT A STABLE F'N BIOS FOR KABY LAKE SO I CAN KEEP MY 170 DELUXE A STABLE KABY LAKE BIOS I CAN OVERCLOCK WITH CUZ 2202 SUCKS SAME WITH THE 3XXX VERSION SUCKS ASUS YOU ARE GOING DOWN HILL GIGABYTE IS MAKING FAR BETTER PRODUCTS THIS YEAR STUPID AS ****

Keep expletives of any form out of your posts please. Next post like this will result in a vacation or ban.

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Not sure where Michael-i7 is looking, but all the Z270 boards I can see from Gigabyte have Gaming in the brand name, and RGB too (besides entry level). If the only preference is that it's white and it has quad-zillion power phases then go with what makes you happy, or less angry lol

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 01:22 PM
My z170 deluxe has twice as many phases as the Code. How can that be a viable replacement? Seriously. Ya the stupid Gigabyte has Gaming Branded but it's a beast. And looks far better than anything Asus put out this year. The x99 deluxe, Deluxe 2, z170 Deluxe sold quite a bit. If their "ROG" stuff was actually any good that'd be one thing but they are selling the name on a terrible pcb. 8 phases for your code are you kidding me? Like I said, idc about Optane support just put out a stable Bios for the z170 Deluxe where the 7700k will actually work and overclock stable and I'll happily keep it. Otherwise I like many others this Gen are jumping ship. Kind of like what's happening with your 10 series Gpu's Lol

Not to mention they all look the same. Every strix board looks the same as does every ROG board. It's clear Asus has lost their way.

And yes I will speak my mind without profanity I apologize.

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 01:25 PM
My z170 deluxe has twice as many phases as the Code. How can that be a viable replacement? Seriously. Ya the stupid Gigabyte has Gaming Branded but it's a beast. And looks far better than anything Asus put out this year. The x99 deluxe, Deluxe 2, z170 Deluxe sold quite a bit. If their "ROG" stuff was actually any good that'd be one thing but they are selling the name on a terrible pcb. 8 phases for your code are you kidding me? Like I said, idc about Optane support just put out a stable Bios for the z170 Deluxe where the 7700k will actually work and overclock stable and I'll happily keep it. Otherwise I like many others this Gen are jumping ship. Kind of like what's happening with your 10 series Gpu's Lol

And yes I will speak my mind without profanity I apologize.

Can you explain why you are so caught up on power phases?

swfanatic717
01-21-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm also considering the Maximus IX Code as a replacement for the Z170 Deluxe for my upcoming build since they don't sell Z170 products anymore where I live, but I do have to agree that the Code is somewhat of an inadequate replacement.

One of my concerns is that they've ditched 3x3 wifi for regular 2x2, but my primary point of contention is the lack of onboard USB ports. The Z170 Deluxe (and a lot of other boards even in this gen) had 2 each of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 internal headers, while the Code only has 1 of each, which is just enough to support the front panel USB ports on my case and leaving no room for other peripherals like Corsair Link devices.

The USB 3.1 front panel connector would have been just enough to meet my needs had Asus decided to include some kind of adaptor with the board for backwards compatibility, but as it is Asus has made a board featuring a connector nobody can use, since cases from colluding partners aren't out yet and no adapters exist on the market as far as I can tell.

Having a high-end Z270 board with effectively just 2 internal USB headers is ridiculous imo, especially since Z270 is supposed to boast better connectivity. I think Asus really dropped the ball here, particularly given that PCIe expansion cards for external USB ports seem to be a dime a dozen out there while internal expansions are much harder to find. Meanwhile I have absolutely no use for RGB headers whatsoever since I'm getting a closed case; the Code is flashier but somewhat less practical compared to the Deluxe and therefore a poor replacement.

Case in point: I'm have a Silent Base 600 with 2 front panel USB 2.0 and 3.0 connectors, planning on getting a Corsair RMi series PSU with Link capability, and wanting to include a front panel card reader in the case. I don't think that's going overboard on accessories, but I am surprised that this 300USD board can't handle it as is.

I'd still be willing to buy the Code at this point, but only if the USB 3.1 header is usable. Are there any plans by anyone to release standalone accessories for the new USB 3.1 connector? Internal hubs? Adapters? Thanks.

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 04:59 PM
It's horses for courses. There's an additional 2 ports on the rear I/O on the CODE for instance, which others will find more beneficial. You can't accommodate everyone and everything sadly.

Praz
01-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Can you explain why you are so caught up on power phases?
Hello

It is the result of a lack of knowledge regarding the subject being discussed.

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Power Phases really? Because I overclock every componant I have. The z170 Deluxe has a 16 phase Vrm. 20 phase Cpu power delivery and 2 phase Ram. The better the power delivery the better the overclocking. In all aspects. Your motherboard has to take the 12 volts from the Psu and convert it to 1.296v in my case at idle and to 1.312v under load. The more phases the smoother the power delivery the more stable the power delivery which is the biggest reason and the cooler the vrm's run. An 8+2 Power phase system on a 300$ Garbage ROG Code is ridiculous. Asus claims the made the Strix for lower end Gaming so they could raise the quality of the ROG series back up to "Enthusiast" level. They did not. By any means. The z170 Deluxe was ahead of it's time in Power Phase delivery and native usb 3.1 support. The z170 Deluxe is literally an all around better motherboard than any of Asus's z270 series. Seriously. It already brings usb 3.1 support and Bios flashback. I have 5 usb 3.1 on board. 1 usb 3 and 1 usb2 and 1 usb type c. I have a 16+4+2 Digital Power Phase design. The Code is 8+2+1. For the same price. Same with the Formula for 400$ Overclocking a 7700k to 5 GHz, ya I'm gonna want a 20 phase system. The Gaming 9 has a 22 phase. I'm just saying man do your homework, if you don't understand the benefits of a "quality" Digital Power Phase design then read up on it. Even Asrock and Msi boards this year are better quality than Asus. It sucks because in the past Asus brought it with quality but this year they are straight Garbage. GARBAGE. They are simply selling their name and that is all. They are using the cheapest lowest quality PCB I have seen in a very long time. My z68 Gigabyte Motherboard that was 189$ new when Sandy Bridge came out that my 2600k is in has a 12+2 Power Phase. Seriously my Gpu has a better PCB than these Asus z270 boards. I won't buy one period. I just flashed my bios with 3007 so when my 7700k arrives if it's a stable bios I will be happy as heck but if not I'm jumpin ship to Gigabyte. Asus doesn't care about their consumers IMO and I've only had to deal with support one time but it was by far the worst experience I have ever dealt with.

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 05:40 PM
And Praz, it's a matter of me being at work and not having time to respond. Lets see your knowledge on the subject if you have any. Cleaner Power Delivery. MUCH more stable power delivery. Consistent power delivery. Better control over vdroop. Less strain and heat on the Vrm's. The list goes on. Do your homework before you try to insult me. It is clear you know Zero about High end quality components. To take 12 volts from a 850 watt psu and have your Voltage Regulator Module reduce the voltage into measurable amounts of voltage down to the thousandths of a volt. Like 1.296v and cleanly distribute it to the Cpu it has to go thru phases. Each phase filtering and reducing it more and more. The more Phases it goes thru the cleaner and more stable the voltage is. And more precise. And the more phases there are the less load that is on every phase. An 8 phase pcb will have much more load than a 16 phase causing much more heat of the vrm and elevating the chance of instability. Also when your Cpu goes into 100% load you want that increase in vCore immediately. Which will be much more guaranteed with a 16 phase pcb over an 8 phase. And the Code has a garbage 8 phase. With 1 phase dedicated to the memory dimms. Great ram overclocking that's going to bring you. Again read a book and get a job. Get to a period in your life where you can actually afford quality products like a 320$ motherboard or enough money to go out tomorrow and drop 500 the Gaming 9 if I so desire. Then do some research on the products you buy before you buy them. There is a huge difference between a low life nerd who builds a low end pc for gaming and would rather play world of warcraft than get a girlfriend, and a true Enthusiast. Praz do yourself a favor and learn to read. I don't get paid to Educate you. Tho I just did. You are welcome.

SW Fanatic- This is my opinion and recommendation but if you are considering getting an Asus z270 board I would suggest you look into the TUF series before the ROG series. The Mark 1 has a better PCB. Better digital Power Delivery and better caps. If I decide to stay with Asus for z270 the TUF series is what I would get.

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 06:26 PM
That's really fascinating. Can you show me some examples of where this has made a tangible difference for other vendors with overclocking with KBL? It's simply that, I'd have thought someone as passionate about something as you clearly are would have some facts to back up all these wild power phase claims.

swfanatic717
01-21-2017, 06:29 PM
It's horses for courses. There's an additional 2 ports on the rear I/O on the CODE for instance, which others will find more beneficial. You can't accommodate everyone and everything sadly.

I have to admit that I was expecting a more informative answer to my questions. I get your point, but my issue is that the Code board is some ways from meeting my requirements now, has the potential to do so, and I'd be grateful for any help making it work because I definitely would like to buy one.

All I was trying to say was, it's much easier to add external ports than internal ones, so reducing the headers to below the typical number causes trouble that almost no other boards do, and really wrecks the whole "no compromises" thing that the ROG branding seems to be going for. The Deluxe is a much more well rounded board. Not many high end ATX boards exist with so little internal connectivity. Don't forget that they ditched the dual ethernet ports as well in addition to the 3x3 WiFi, and downgraded a bunch of rear I/O from USB 3.1 to 3.0 or even 2.0 to bring you those extra ports, some RGB headers and a connector nobody can use. Even bundling USB or PCIe adaptor like the Deluxe did would be extremely useful in rectifying these issues. It's just intended to be constructive criticism on my part.

But I digress. I came here to see if anyone knew anything about how to put the USB 3.1 connector to use without having to buy a new case from a colluding partner. I'd rather an Asus rep answered like Raja did at the start of the thread since they'd have the most credible information, but if anyone has any info about this or suggestions on how to make the build work as I previously mentioned then I'll gladly buy the ROG board first chance I get if the info checks out. Otherwise I can't say I really care about the reasons that the Code is what it is; if it doesn't do what I need it to do then I can't buy one.

EDIT: Thanks Michael-i7 for your suggestion. One of the reasons I'm interested in the Code is for the built in WiFi that TUF doesn't have. To elaborate, I want to build an air-cooled PC with maximum reliability, and another reason I rejected the TUF is that there seem to be many issues reported about the "thermal armor" interfering with CPU coolers.. The other board I'm looking at is the Z270E Strix but I'm worried about possible reliability issues. I'm not planning on doing a large overclock though so I'll maybe give the TUF another look with a smaller air cooler and WiFi/Bluetooth cards, thanks!

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 06:35 PM
I have to admit that I was expecting a more informative answer to my questions. I get your point, but my issue is that the Code board is some ways from meeting my requirements now, has the potential to do so, and I'd be grateful for any help making it work because I definitely would like to buy one.

All I was trying to say was, it's much easier to add external ports than internal ones, so reducing the headers to below the typical number causes trouble that almost no other boards do, and really wrecks the whole "no compromises" thing that the ROG branding seems to be going for. The Deluxe is a much more well rounded board. Not many high end ATX boards exist with so little internal connectivity. Don't forget that they ditched the dual ethernet ports as well in addition to the 3x3 WiFi, and downgraded a bunch of rear I/O from USB 3.1 to 3.0 or even 2.0 to bring you those extra ports, some RGB headers and a connector nobody can use. Even bundling USB or PCIe adaptor like the Deluxe did would be extremely useful in rectifying these issues. It's just intended to be constructive criticism on my part.

But I digress. I came here to see if anyone knew anything about how to put the USB 3.1 connector to use without having to buy a new case from a colluding partner. I'd rather an Asus rep answered like Raja did at the start of the thread since they'd have the most credible information, but if anyone has any info about this or suggestions on how to make the build work as I previously mentioned then I'll gladly buy the ROG board first chance I get if the info checks out. Otherwise I can't say I really care about the reasons that the Code is what it is; if it doesn't do what I need it to do then I can't buy one.

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/03/z270-motherboard-guide/

If there isn't something that suits your needs here, you know what the answer is :)

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Wow, you really do need help. These aren't claims, like I said READ. It has nothing to do with Kaby Lake. It's every motherboard. Every PCB. It's fact. You can overclock with a 100$ board bro. Like I said it has to do with the overall stability of the Power delivery, heat, reliability, the lifespan of the motherboard when overclocking. I thought this was common knowledge but I guess I am mistaken. Short answer NO. I will not do your research for you. Like I just said, you will overclock just fine with the Code. You can overclock with a 150$ motherboard for Christ Sake. But everythingt I said in the above posts is absolute fact. I prefer a High Quality PCB with a lot more Power Phases for the reasons I've specified. That is why more expensive motherboards have them. Duh. The z170 pro for barely over half the amount as the z170 Deluxe has what? Less usb, no wifi, and HALF THE PHASES. I'm done here, I'm not going to argue with someone who knows nothing of what they are talking about.

swfanatic717
01-21-2017, 06:49 PM
http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/03/z270-motherboard-guide/

If there isn't something that suits your needs here, you know what the answer is :)

Seeing as that article only mentions the USB3.1 connector in passing I'm afraid I'm still as in the dark as I was before regarding my questions. Are you implying that if the products don't work as needed straight out of the box then I should give up trying to mod in a solution and get lost? :)

If you don't actually have any useful information or constructive input to my problem, why don't you save all of us some time and let someone else have a shot?

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 06:53 PM
That's really fascinating. Can you show me some examples of where this has made a tangible difference for other vendors with overclocking with KBL? It's simply that, I'd have thought someone as passionate about something as you clearly are would have some facts to back up all these wild power phase claims.

Short answer NO
Ok.

Seeing as that article only mentions the USB3.1 connector in passing I'm afraid I'm still as in the dark as I was before regarding my questions. Are you implying that if the products don't work as needed straight out of the box then I should give up trying to mod in a solution and get lost? :)

If you don't actually have any useful information or constructive input to my problem, why don't you save all of us some time and let someone else have a shot?

Using a little bit of initiative, if the CODE is your board of choice, simply use an expansion card sporting an internal header...

Michael-i7
01-21-2017, 07:04 PM
Dude he's a child. He just likes to argue. I've provided fact after fact after fact and he twists the words cuz he's under educated. The reason he can't help you? Again, because he has no idea what he's talking about. He's never owned a quality product in his life. Take your questions to a real Forum like Overclockers.com There you will find tons pf people with knowledge and they are helpful. You will never see a thread like this where you have 4th graders arguing about something they have idea what they are talking about. Even Toms Hardware is better but I suggest Overclockers.com

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Dude he's a child. He just likes to argue. I've provided fact after fact after fact and he twists the words cuz he's under educated. The reason he can't help you? Again, because he has no idea what he's talking about. He's never owned a quality product in his life. Take your questions to a real Forum like Overclockers.com There you will find tons pf people with knowledge and they are helpful. You will never see a thread like this where you have 4th graders arguing about something they have idea what they are talking about. Even Toms Hardware is better but I suggest Overclockers.com

I think you need a short break to calm down. Once you've cooled off and start making more sense, it would be great to read your expertise on why you think Z270 requires more than an 8 phase power design. Perhaps then even a child like me can make sense of your hormonal spew. ;)

Raja@ASUS
01-21-2017, 08:03 PM
And Praz, it's a matter of me being at work and not having time to respond. Lets see your knowledge on the subject if you have any. Cleaner Power Delivery. MUCH more stable power delivery. Consistent power delivery. Better control over vdroop. Less strain and heat on the Vrm's. The list goes on. Do your homework before you try to insult me. It is clear you know Zero about High end quality components. To take 12 volts from a 850 watt psu and have your Voltage Regulator Module reduce the voltage into measurable amounts of voltage down to the thousandths of a volt. Like 1.296v and cleanly distribute it to the Cpu it has to go thru phases. Each phase filtering and reducing it more and more. The more Phases it goes thru the cleaner and more stable the voltage is. And more precise. And the more phases there are the less load that is on every phase. An 8 phase pcb will have much more load than a 16 phase causing much more heat of the vrm and elevating the chance of instability.Also when your Cpu goes into 100% load you want that increase in vCore immediately. Which will be much more guaranteed with a 16 phase pcb over an 8 phase. And the Code has a garbage 8 phase. With 1 phase dedicated to the memory dimms. Great ram overclocking that's going to bring you. Again read a book and get a job. Get to a period in your life where you can actually afford quality products like a 320$ motherboard or enough money to go out tomorrow and drop 500 the Gaming 9 if I so desire. Then do some research on the products you buy before you buy them. There is a huge difference between a low life nerd who builds a low end pc for gaming and would rather play world of warcraft than get a girlfriend, and a true Enthusiast. Praz do yourself a favor and learn to read. I don't get paid to Educate you. Tho I just did. You are welcome.

1) There are no buck controllers with support for more than 8 real phases. Anything higher uses a mux which has implications for switching frequency. In other words, there's a lot more to a VRM's transient response than raw phase counts. This is the part of power design that isn't common knowledge.

2) The PCB's layer count isn't related in any way to the number of phases used.

3) Given you've expressed a desire to move on, I think this thread has run its course.

-Raja