PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Link - Maximus IX code/Hero/Formula

Bescrawl
01-17-2017, 12:25 AM
I have*the*Maximus ix Code & the Corsair H110i GT. I can't*get Corsair Link to show my case fans (they are in cha1, cha2, cha3). I've tried a few things in the BIOS but so far nothing*has worked: 1. Turning off Qfan control - nothing 2. Setting Qfan control to PWM - nothing 3. Setting all fans to DC Mode - Nothing.*

H110i GT*Fan Headers - I have the pump connected to*USB2,*Pump is connected to the CPU Fan header and the two radiator fans are connected to the pump via the supplied Y splitter.

I had it all working fine witn my previous board (Maximus vii hero). There must be something I'm missing here? Do I have to make a change in BIOS then reinstall Link?

Any help? Thanks all.

Bahz
01-17-2017, 03:03 AM
A lot Corsair fans don't follow Intel specifications so they're known to cause issues with a lot of other hardware like fan controllers or motherboards.

I also owned quite a bit of Corsair fans/products and they pretty much force you to have to use their software to properly control their fans. I ended up junking all my Corsair fans and bought some Noctua fans and issue was resolved.

That's pretty strange that you already disabled fan control in BIOS and it's still not detecting it. Try updating the BIOS?

Menthol
01-17-2017, 03:55 AM
I didn't know that Corsair Link could control or monitor fans other than what are connected directly to the pump
I never use the control software myself, I prefer to let the bios control all my fans, I don't connect the USB cable or install Link
I connect the pump to the pump header and rad fans to CPU and CPU_OP headers, I leave the pump control disabled so the pump runs full speed and rad fans I set to Turbo mode in bios, I set all case fans to silent mode and let ASUS bios control all my fans, it's just to easy and no possibility of software conflicts
You can also manually control all fans in the bios using temperature and percentage of fan speed, this also works very well
I use one program to monitor everything AIDA64 and that's it.
I guess I have memories of software conflicts from prior use, Corsair Link, mouse and keyboard software, etc. that caused conflicts that I see no need to install anything not needed

Bescrawl
01-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Ill*try setting it up the way you have it. If I set the rad fans to 100% can I control them at all outside of the bios in the os? Isnt that a bit loud? Thanks for the reply man!

Menthol
01-18-2017, 12:56 AM
ASUS fan expert a part of AIsuite can control the fans while in the OS, there are a couple ways to control in bios, settings of silent, normal, turbo, or manual control using temperature and fan rpm percentages,, all will raise and lower fan speed according to temperature, you can find this info in the manual

Amsterdam
01-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Think I’ve a similar problem.

Today I installed the Corsair H115i. First boot was making the fans running 100%. The Corsair Link wasn’t detecting the H115i which was connected at the internal usb 8 pins. Changing the usb 8-pins to a normal usb cable (using the usb port at the back panel) worked, and the Corsair Link detected my H115i. But still both fans running at 100%. Nothing changed. I did tried every possible profile. There was/is simply not any communication between the H115i and the fan’s.

My solution was the connecting both fan’s (with a 4-pins splitter) to the CPU 4-pin on the board, and manage them with the AI Suite 3. Not the best option, because this software package gives a lot of Blue screen of deaths (IOmap64 etc.)

Raja@ASUS
01-18-2017, 06:34 PM
You can set the fan profile directly from UEFI. The BSODs with fan xpert are liekly due to conflicts with Corsair Link. Too many things polling the superIO at the same time I suspect.

Amsterdam
01-18-2017, 06:59 PM
You can set the fan profile directly from UEFI. The BSODs with fan xpert are liekly due to conflicts with Corsair Link. Too many things polling the superIO at the same time I suspect.

The BSOD was indeed more after when I installed the Corsair Link, but before that it was giving the BSOD as well. I've installed Windows 10 3 times, but unfortunately the BSOD stays. Now, it's just there from time to time. Mostly with a cold boot.
Also problems with the Asus Aura. After install everyting looks fine, but then suddenly (after installing other software) it constantly consumes 13% of my CPU.

I think Asus have to go back the drawing board. The IOmap64 BSOD was already reported in 2012.:eek: Copy/past old code?

Raja@ASUS
01-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Seems to be unique to you as none of this happens to me ;)

xherics
01-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Try to disable the CPU FAN monitoring and the Q-FAN options in BIOS for the CPU.

Then it should be compatible with the Corsair application.

Amsterdam
01-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Seems to be unique to you as none of this happens to me ;)

It’s unique because it didn’t happen to you……uhhh…. Ok….

@ xherics, thx, I will check it out.

Raja@ASUS
01-19-2017, 08:42 AM
It’s unique because it didn’t happen to you……uhhh…. Ok….

@ xherics, thx, I will check it out.

Yeah, if others don't have the same issue as you, a fix is unlikely as it requires replication.

Amsterdam
01-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah, if others don't have the same issue as you, a fix is unlikely as it requires replication.

Let's start: even on your own website: (and don't forget the IX is just 2 weeks on the market)

-----
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90133-asus-maximus-ix-formula-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-14a6f0
-----

-----
https://www.techpowerup.com/228271/asus-rog-strix-z270g-motherboard-leaked

ASUS should focus on their software a lot more. Their AISuite and RGB LED control are just pure nightmare to work with. Constant BSOD on Windows 10. Worst of all ASUS usually stops providing software updates 6 months after the release of a MoBo
-----

-----
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=17404729

whenever i try to install AURA, it would cause me to encounter the BSOD, sometimes not letting me boot into windows. I have uninstalled both AI suite and AURA but would like to know if anyone has encounter and has a solution.
The BSOD left a message with some time ~ error? sorry, cannot remember the exact message.
-----

And what about the iomap64.sys? I'm unique again? Just Google iomap64.sys blue screen. It gives more than 2.000 results.

Raja@ASUS
01-19-2017, 04:01 PM
I dont have these issues, so cannot replicate for you. Send your system config details to ASUS Netherlands, and have them replicate it (again if you need to).

carn4ge
01-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Hey Raja, you helped me dial-in my Z87-PRO several years ago. Unfortunately I had to upgrade RAM a few months ago for a big project (I do lots of engineering FEA work) and that seems to have destabilized the system no matter what I tried to fix it. So I decided it's the perfect excuse for a hardware refresh!

So I just ordered a Maximus IX Hero to run a i7-7700K. Along with this I ordered a Corsair H115i water cooler and am wondering if that was a good choice.

Is there any way to drive the H115i "PWM" pump via the BIOS? Not just the fans, they're the easy part. I'd like to eliminate Corsair's FanLink software while still throttling the pump (& fans) way down when the CPU is idle. I have a similar setup rigged on my Z87 and it works great. However, I'd like to avoid jury-rigging if it's avoidable.

Should I just return the H115i unopened and get something else? If so, looking around for alternatives it seems the other '240mm' closed loop systems have similar weird USB+proprietary fan control setups. Can you or anyone recommend a 240mm closed-loop cooler that's compatible with ASUS BIOS fan control?

It seems I have four options:
1. Just live with FanLink + BIOS (I usually don't run AiSuite 7/24). Yuck...
2. Return the H115i unopened & find another 280mm closed-loop cooler that's compatible with ASUS fan/pump control. Meh...
3. Rig up a new harness (basically splits CPU_FAN to pump+2fans, grabs power from SATA & sends 3 fan monitor signals back to mobo). Ehh...
4. (big ask) ASUS could add USB fan control to the BIOS. Don't know ASUS's relationship with vendors like Corsair & weather the USB API to their pumps is proprietary or not but wouldn't that be great? Hmm!

What do you (& the ROG community of course) think?

Menthol
01-22-2017, 04:30 PM
I have a couple h115i's in use on several ASUS boards, there is a pump header on newer boards, I always use the UEFI to control all my case and rad fans, I connect the pump to the pump header and leave it in the default setting of disabled so the pump always runs at 100% speed as it just doesn't make much noise and I am always sure the water is circulating, I have not tried controlling the pump speed myself so I can't verify that is functional on all AIO's, the rad fans I set to Turbo mode and case fans to silent mode, it is very simple this way, no software issues, never worry about fans not ramping up under load, I changed the fans on the Corsair AIO as supplied fans are very loud at 100% speed

xherics
01-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Well, i purchased Corsair water cooling as well and disabling the BIOS CPU Fan control did not help me (I suggested before to test this)... after I uninstalled the bugheaven, khm, the asus AISuite application, woala, corsair application is usable completely.

After this I set up the fans via BIOS, except the water cooler, what is set up via the corsair app.

Raja@ASUS
01-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Hey Raja, you helped me dial-in my Z87-PRO several years ago. Unfortunately I had to upgrade RAM a few months ago for a big project (I do lots of engineering FEA work) and that seems to have destabilized the system no matter what I tried to fix it. So I decided it's the perfect excuse for a hardware refresh!

So I just ordered a Maximus IX Hero to run a i7-7700K. Along with this I ordered a Corsair H115i water cooler and am wondering if that was a good choice.

Is there any way to drive the H115i "PWM" pump via the BIOS? Not just the fans, they're the easy part. I'd like to eliminate Corsair's FanLink software while still throttling the pump (& fans) way down when the CPU is idle. I have a similar setup rigged on my Z87 and it works great. However, I'd like to avoid jury-rigging if it's avoidable.

Should I just return the H115i unopened and get something else? If so, looking around for alternatives it seems the other '240mm' closed loop systems have similar weird USB+proprietary fan control setups. Can you or anyone recommend a 240mm closed-loop cooler that's compatible with ASUS BIOS fan control?

It seems I have four options:
1. Just live with FanLink + BIOS (I usually don't run AiSuite 7/24). Yuck...
2. Return the H115i unopened & find another 280mm closed-loop cooler that's compatible with ASUS fan/pump control. Meh...
3. Rig up a new harness (basically splits CPU_FAN to pump+2fans, grabs power from SATA & sends 3 fan monitor signals back to mobo). Ehh...
4. (big ask) ASUS could add USB fan control to the BIOS. Don't know ASUS's relationship with vendors like Corsair & weather the USB API to their pumps is proprietary or not but wouldn't that be great? Hmm!

What do you (& the ROG community of course) think?

You can control the pump via UEFI. Although, with AIO pumps, they are usually best run at max speed as they tend to "whir" more at lower speeds.

RedLir
01-23-2017, 02:03 PM
You can control the pump via UEFI. Although, with AIO pumps, they are usually best run at max speed as they tend to "whir" more at lower speeds.

If there is some way to control the H115 pump speeds without the Link cable and software, I'd also like to know, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you can control the pump itself on the H115i from the motherboard.

There is a SATA cable for the power, and 2 fan headers if you're controlling the fans via link. There is only a single wire to monitor speed.

Raja@ASUS
01-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Yeah, nothing you can do with that. You'll have to use the Corsair software, or purchase better cooling.

Bahz
01-24-2017, 03:17 AM
Yeah, nothing you can do with that. You'll have to use the Corsair software, or purchase better cooling.

I think Raja's second recommendation makes the most sense :)

Legolas
01-25-2017, 09:09 PM
I have a Corsair H110GTX pump on Maximus IX Fomula,
I plugged the USB connector of the Corsair to the USB header of the motherboard
I plugged the fan header of Corsair AIO to the AIO_Pump connector on the motherboard without issues with Corsair Link.
If Corsair has an issue, I recommend updating the Corsair link software.
I just have to adjust to Corsair to performance every time I boot up

denisgcarvalho
01-29-2017, 12:23 AM
I setup new PC with Asus Maximus IX Code + i7 7700k kaby lake. Corsair link does not read any temperatures. This is what I get.
What would be the solution to read these parameters from the motherboard and processor?

If so, do you have to wait for Corsair to upgrade your software?

Praz
01-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Hello

If AI Suite and other monitoring software such as AIDA64 correctly report the temperatures this would be a Corsair issue. They would be who you need to contact.

denisgcarvalho
01-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Hello

If AI Suite and other monitoring software such as AIDA64 correctly report the temperatures this would be a Corsair issue. They would be who you need to contact.

No aida64 is correctly. The problem is the corsair link. Corsair needs to update its software.

Lawlbringer
02-01-2017, 01:49 AM
I had the same issue. It looks like Corsair Link isn't compatible with the latest hardware on the Kaby Lake/Z270 platform. I could not control anything other than the pump after I installed the latest version of Link. I ended up having to connect my H100i V2 radiator fans to CPU/CPU_OPT and just plugged my pump into a 3-pin to molex adapter so it gets the full voltage it needs.

xherics
02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Asus AISuite needs to be uninstalled completely to have Corsair application working.

UEFI settings are set up on TURBO for all fans and app does work for me. See the attached picture.

denisgcarvalho
02-01-2017, 10:22 PM
I had answers from Corsair, soon an update of Corsair Link. ;););)

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)
Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.
- Uninstall the Corsair Link software.
- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Corsair Link.

Amsterdam
02-02-2017, 08:29 AM
In the first place it's stupid that Corsair not test this software before the kaby lake was released. Even lot's of YouTubers were able to test this before the release date :)
Never the less, i 've installed the Corsair Link and saw that only this software consumes more than all the other processes do.

MrAgapiGC
02-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Again??? *I am trying to understand all threats reading Corsair Link Fans and the H115i. *I recently get my z270 hero IX. I use my 6700K. (probably get 7700K) install all windows updates. From Asus part Only the main apps ME_driver 11.6.0.1026_20170208, Intel Chipset V10.1.1.38 and the Realtek HDA )WHQL= Ver 6,0,1,7997. Install the corsair link ( ver.4,5,0,55. My Firware version is 2,8,0,0) Bios is 0701 I think my temps are ok for 4.7 at 1,392 *today is hot ambient temps are 32C*

In my corsair I have only cpu temps )core 1,2,3,4 Package and load.) * HD and SSD temps, Strix 1080 A8G and the info from the h115i.

Regarding that these is ok? *I continue put all fans in turbo and reinstall link software.

ON another manner. Can I use my h115i without my link app? I can put the corsair cable to AIO the data will put the pump to 100% and I can put my fans to the CPU with my split so I can use my bios to control all fan?

I will put the push pull thing. I know is point less. but ir air gets to the GPU I am happy. *

I have to get a new case. I was planning to get the corsair 740 since I can put my h115i on top and have 3 120mm fans on the front and 2 more on the bottom to pull the most air in! * any idea regarding that? *I am using a P400 is nice but I can not see my Maximus IX logo!!

Any help will be great! *

I had answers from Corsair, soon an update of Corsair Link. ;););)

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)
Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.
- Uninstall the Corsair Link software.
- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Corsair Link.

MrAgapiGC
02-28-2017, 09:55 PM
I think Raja's second recommendation makes the most sense :)

Sounds! I have other options like the alphacool 360 rad. that is also a good one. Even on a video that have see like 4 times from Asus on the hero ix using a h100v2 he ditch the usb cable and connect the fans to the cpu fan and optional!. that will interesting to check also. ! *

LJGIII
03-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Just the other day I hooked up the Corsair H100i GTX. I plugged in the corsair link to the usb header labled usb 1314 it is also the ROG shared plug. Now the Asus Maximus VI Formula will not post, no video, no beeps, no usb support mouse or keyboard. I guess buyer beware with corsair and their link.

MrAgapiGC
03-05-2017, 08:05 PM
i did also get a H1100iV2 yesterday morning. Using 0701 BIOS run the AIO pump heather on quiet. fans are connected to cpu fan and OPT. fans are ok. but i can not manage the pump speeds on bios. I try to check all and is working ok. Install the LINK pumps are on performance. The odd thing is i can not see the fans or pump in aida. I download the SIV, BTW nice app, and i can see fan speeds. BUT!!!!! the apps read bios and link. on bios the pump speed is 14xx rpm and on the reporting from the LINK reads full speed. The only thing that i have not try is reset the bios and updating to 0801. the computer is stable. but i can no see speeds on the fans or fans. I try getting the hwinfo. give error on ASUS EC. also see the pump info from the bios. Maybe y something on the OC that my friend did change some reporting information? I try all scenarios that i can think. Someone have a idea to try? Only apps installs where the intel management and chipset from the asus website and supreme FX and both programs.

Btw i get the H110iV2 screws are very long be careful i have to make a nice visit to the hardware store to get spacers

ephur
03-10-2017, 05:04 AM
I wasn't quite clear from the thread on the ability to control the pump speed w/o corsair link software.

I am upgrading my old Rampage Iv Formula / 3930k to a Code / 7700k and will use my H100i v2 cooler. I currently use the corsair link software and it consumes more CPU than I'd like (40% of one core on my 3930k at any given moment, 5% overall). My hardware arrives tomorrow to start my upgrade, and I'm trying to determine if I can control the pump/fans without the corsair link software. Can I use fan xpert to control the pump speed if it is on the AiO pump header, or will I need to use the USB header, and the corsair link software?

MrAgapiGC
03-10-2017, 02:45 PM
I try I have no idea how. I was thinking saving the profile on Rom but only.save the led. Pump still on.quiet mode. In fact if you.run any monitoring app the link reads full power and on from the port of the aio read quiet. I.see videos from.Asus build and some other YouTubers and they are using the corsair with out the link cable.

If someone has figure these please share.

ephur
03-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Got my new Motherboard/CPU/RAM today so started the upgrade.

Using an NZXT 820 I got back in 2012 still. 200mm front intake. 200mm top exhaust. 2x140 mm bottom intake, 2x120 exhaust (via the Corsair h110i v2).

I completed the following setup, and it is working fantastic:

Plugged the h110i pump power into the AIO header.
h110i fans on CPU and CPU-OPT fan headers (4pin)
front 200m on CHA1 (3pin)
2 x 140 bottom on CHA2 (3pin, via a fan splitter)
top 200m on CHA3 (3pin)

Am able to control the pump speed, and all fans as expected with fan xpert 4 in AI Suite (latest vesion on website as of this post). The only thing I am missing is getting the temp of the coolant in the h110i. I don't view this as a problem. This is a much better solution than the Corsair link software, because it's not generating a bunch of CPU load, and because fan xpert allows fan spin up and spin down times. This is a great additional feature so there's not constant fan noise from changing speeds as the CPU temp bounces around.

I went through the auto fan tuning setup and it did a pretty good job, but I did tweak it a little bit based on the temps I was seeing at ambient to have even lower fan speeds, but longer spin down times to provide extra cooling push when temps do creep up.

MrAgapiGC
03-11-2017, 09:00 AM
That is a good news. that you can control the pump speed to 100% on AI SUITE. I am afraid to use it! my first 3 attempts here where a disaster. so you can confirm that you can see the pump manual adjustment to 100% if needed? the last version that I see on the Asus web page is 1,01,56 that is correct? *it is strange that you can control the pump speed there and not on the bios. *Any one seeing these so I can try again the installation.

If I did the OC on the bios, the ai suite will see it also. I do not want to have to remake the pc and bios cause a AI problem! *I could change the corsair H100iV2 to another model that does not software base.

Got my new Motherboard/CPU/RAM today so started the upgrade.

Using an NZXT 820 I got back in 2012 still. 200mm front intake. 200mm top exhaust. 2x140 mm bottom intake, 2x120 exhaust (via the Corsair h110i v2).

I completed the following setup, and it is working fantastic:

Plugged the h110i pump power into the AIO header.
h110i fans on CPU and CPU-OPT fan headers (4pin)
front 200m on CHA1 (3pin)
2 x 140 bottom on CHA2 (3pin, via a fan splitter)
top 200m on CHA3 (3pin)

Am able to control the pump speed, and all fans as expected with fan xpert 4 in AI Suite (latest vesion on website as of this post). The only thing I am missing is getting the temp of the coolant in the h110i. I don't view this as a problem. This is a much better solution than the Corsair link software, because it's not generating a bunch of CPU load, and because fan xpert allows fan spin up and spin down times. This is a great additional feature so there's not constant fan noise from changing speeds as the CPU temp bounces around.

I went through the auto fan tuning setup and it did a pretty good job, but I did tweak it a little bit based on the temps I was seeing at ambient to have even lower fan speeds, but longer spin down times to provide extra cooling push when temps do creep up.

ephur
03-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Software is: AISuite3 -ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.56 Install Program for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit

I did notice in the bios the options were a little bit different for the AIO Pump than the software, but I didn't spend a lot of time in bios looking.

To test that it controls the pump speed, I had it on the default setup which is 100% pump all the time, and I updated the curve and hit apply, you can see the changes in the graph as it adjusts the pump speed:

https://i.gyazo.com/6c50d965fe8ca60fbe8d3c86124ac825.png

The only thing is I can not see the liquid temp.
I can not control the LED on the h100i v2.
I don't care about either of these things, and I was able to keep my USB2 header for front panel connection which is nice. I didn't want to have to run a cable from the pump inside to an outside port either with a regular USB cable as some people have suggested. Fewer cables is better...

That is a good news. that you can control the pump speed to 100% on AI SUITE. I am afraid to use it! my first 3 attempts here where a disaster. so you can confirm that you can see the pump manual adjustment to 100% if needed? the last version that I see on the Asus web page is 1,01,56 that is correct? *it is strange that you can control the pump speed there and not on the bios. *Any one seeing these so I can try again the installation.

If I did the OC on the bios, the ai suite will see it also. I do not want to have to remake the pc and bios cause a AI problem! *I could change the corsair H100iV2 to another model that does not software base.

MrAgapiGC
03-12-2017, 12:17 AM
After few attempts back in july i am afraid to install it was a pain. and more that pumps are rads are on the way. eventually i have to install it for control and monitoring. i will check that on arrival. I could clone my drive before trials.

Software is: AISuite3 -ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.56 Install Program for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit

I did notice in the bios the options were a little bit different for the AIO Pump than the software, but I didn't spend a lot of time in bios looking.

To test that it controls the pump speed, I had it on the default setup which is 100% pump all the time, and I updated the curve and hit apply, you can see the changes in the graph as it adjusts the pump speed:

https://i.gyazo.com/6c50d965fe8ca60fbe8d3c86124ac825.png

The only thing is I can not see the liquid temp.
I can not control the LED on the h100i v2.
I don't care about either of these things, and I was able to keep my USB2 header for front panel connection which is nice. I didn't want to have to run a cable from the pump inside to an outside port either with a regular USB cable as some people have suggested. Fewer cables is better...