PDA

View Full Version : Maximus IX Code - Sticker Sheet code

rayven1lk
01-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Hi,

Kind of a dumb question, but anyone know if the upper right sticker which resembles a credit card is a redeemable code in anyway? To be specific the sticker contains a 16 digit number, valid from: 06/06, executive club #: rog.asus.com.

It's probably just a sticker :P

Thanks

Nate152
01-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Hi rayven1lk

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Can you show us a picture of the sticker please ?

rayven1lk
01-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Hi rayven1lk

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Can you show us a picture of the sticker please ?

Sure thing, just covered up the numbers.... "The numbers Mason!!! What do they mean?"

Nate152
01-17-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure what it's for, it looks like something new with the new ROG motherboards.

I sent Raja a message he should reply soon.

Menthol
01-18-2017, 12:58 AM
Inside the box is another card with info on a possible discount on custom power supply cables from cable mod
This may be what it is referring to

rayven1lk
01-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Inside the box is another card with info on a possible discount on custom power supply cables from cable mod
This may be what it is referring to

I have the card you're referring to, but it already has the code on it

rayven1lk
01-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Any ideas please? :confused:

Amsterdam
01-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Maybe you can give us some card numbers, and see if I - and others - are having the same numbers. So we can determine if it is something or just marketing bull***.

Raja@ASUS
01-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Maybe you can give us some card numbers, and see if I - and others - are having the same numbers. So we can determine if it is something or just marketing bull***.

Keep the expletives out of your posts. Thanks.

JustinThyme
01-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Its referred to as useless bling. Guranatee you that your number that you have blocked out matches the number on everyone's stickers. From 06/06, think about it. You can peel the sticker off and put it on a plastic card for you placebo ROG executive club. There is another placebo passport sticker that I would not dare to place in a passport. They would have been better suited to just make more or larger fan stickers. The fan stickers might cover the hub on a stock intel 80mm cpu fan but thats about the jest of it. Too small for 120mm or 140mm fans which is all I have.

So if you are 12 and think its cool to carry placebo cards in your wallet, put the sticker on a plastic library card and go for flaunting your financial prowess, otherwise throw it back in the box or in the goesinta pile.

technickshardware
07-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but I just received my board in the mail and was wondering the same thing.

I then had a realization that I believe to be the closest thing to an explanation.

The Credit Card looking one I believe is for you to put on an SSD.

The Passport one looks like it could be put on an HDD.

I have not tried these but the sizes look like they fit.