PDA

View Full Version : G752VM boot problems

defiance
01-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Hey all,

Just got this laptop and its not doing well.... when i start the laptop it shuts itself down for like 3 times before finally starting into windows. Also asus live update keeps failing to install the newest bios. Any idea why this is happening?

DeltaActual
01-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Maybe it's applying Windows updates?
And uninstall that live update ASAP. All the drivers are here http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VM/HelpDesk_download/
Update Bios thru USB in Bios Easy Flash, not thru Windows.
You might also want to get rid of McAfee crap.

Clintlgm
01-20-2017, 03:17 AM
I second this Reply

defiance
01-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Its the charger when i boot the laptop for the first time while the charger is plugged in the laptop shuts and restarts itself for like 3 times before finally getting to windows
But when booting on battery its perfectly normal

DeltaActual
01-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Its the charger when i boot the laptop for the first time while the charger is plugged in the laptop shuts and restarts itself for like 3 times before finally getting to windows
But when booting on battery its perfectly normal

Can you exchange it in store?

Clintlgm
01-20-2017, 01:59 PM
You can try turning off Fast Startup in windows and fast boot in your bios, also in windows setting/power options turn off Sleep. start button should be set for Full Shut Down. Windows 10 default is for Hybrid Sleep rather than Shut Down. If after this your still having the issue, and your within your Return window I would do just that. Hybrid Sleep/ and Sleep functions can cause issues. If you are booting an SSD you don't need either your start up time won't be 10 Seconds more from a full boot over wake up from Hybrid Sleep. that's nothing nothing. 3 short years ago we were still having 1.5 to 3 minute boot times using spinner hard drives.

defiance
01-22-2017, 06:36 AM
Why would fast boot have anything to do with it? I dont understand. Anyway maybe i didnt explain it well enough.

When i boot the laptop with the charger plugged in the laptop starts and shuts itself for like 3 times before even the rog logo appears. I can hear the electricity running through the laptop and suddenly shutting down.

If i start the laptop without the charger everything is normal.