PDA

View Full Version : AURA with RIING RGB and Q fan questions

Schlitzy
01-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Hey all,

I'm new here and this is my first post :D

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, and point me in some direction please.

I have a new Maximus Formula IV and I purchased the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 which comes with 3 RGB fans and a hub controller they all plug into. Will those fans work on the AURA headers in conjunction with the AURA software if I plug them or the controller into the headers?

Would I hurt anything by hooking them up if they don't?

Can I run these fans with the Qfan controls from one fan header while hooked into the hub controller that came with it?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

Chino
01-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Check the box. If it says AURA Ready, then yes.

Schlitzy
01-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks Chino.

I did check the box and documentation, but nothing referring to AURA at all. I don't know if I'd damage anything by connecting the fans to those headers or not and trying it out, any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Chino
01-25-2017, 06:03 PM
The fan headers are rated for 1A. As long as your fan's power draw is less than that, you don't have anything to worry about.

Valethar
03-07-2017, 06:59 AM
The fan LEDs are controlled exclusively by the control box that comes with them. They connect to the motherboard only for power.

Bahz
03-07-2017, 08:32 AM
The fan LEDs are controlled exclusively by the control box that comes with them. They connect to the motherboard only for power.

That's what I thought... also the M6F is way too early, we didn't advertise any AURA features with the M6F. The first series to start carry AURA advertised features are the Maximus VIII boards.