PDA

View Full Version : Asus Software SUIT III and BIOS in sync?

GTVAPSAMTIK
01-26-2017, 11:13 PM
Can anyone tell me how Asus SUIT works on my IX Hero Z270 Motherboard? If I make a change (e.g. voltage settings, fan speed, Core frequency etc) into ASUS SUIT III from OS will it reflect those changes into BIOS as well? And vice versa if I were to make a changes in BIOS, will those reflect into Asus SUIT 3 when I enter the OS ?

Are the BIOS and Asus Suit 3 in sync with each other?
Thank You.

JustinThyme
01-27-2017, 12:00 AM
Do yourself a favor and dont use AI suite for overclocking. Fan control, EZ update OK, a look see for what is doing what, OK.
Its supposed to work just as you described and write to the BIOS through mobo connect. I used it for some time with great success. Had save profiles based on what I was going and how much I wanted to OC to go. Then one day I had it set on a mid level OC and just loaded the stock profile. It locked slam up and would not reboot. Would not update via the flashback. OS disk got corrupted, BIOS got corrupted, and if I didnt have an M8E with dual bios ROMs I wouldnt have been able to recover. So while it may take longer to make changes in the BIOS and reboot to test then out Ill never do it differently again. Just save the OC profiles in the BIOS.

GTVAPSAMTIK
01-27-2017, 12:42 AM
Do yourself a favor and dont use AI suite for overclocking. Fan control, EZ update OK, a look see for what is doing what, OK.
Its supposed to work just as you described and write to the BIOS through mobo connect. I used it for some time with great success. Had save profiles based on what I was going and how much I wanted to OC to go. Then one day I had it set on a mid level OC and just loaded the stock profile. It locked slam up and would not reboot. Would not update via the flashback. OS disk got corrupted, BIOS got corrupted, and if I didnt have an M8E with dual bios ROMs I wouldnt have been able to recover. So while it may take longer to make changes in the BIOS and reboot to test then out Ill never do it differently again. Just save the OC profiles in the BIOS.

Between your reply and avatar, I almost saw myself in that situation and it did gave me shivers. Convenience was the only reason I was looking into Asus SUIT 3 for overclocking but your post makes perfect sense. Lot of sensory data it shows are far off from other monitoring. Thank You.

xherics
01-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Unfortunately the asus AISuite with the asus Aura for RGB are bug heaven... I need to uninstall completely them from my system, so the system run stable.

Everything needs to be set up by BIOS.

Unfortunately bios does not provide support for the RGB strips, so they are deactivated on my board... Waiting for bug fixes of the app...