PDA

View Full Version : G751JY, temperature, cooler pad and audio problem.

Il vate
01-27-2017, 03:44 AM
First I want to apologize for my ridiculous English.
I'm Italian and I'm a holder of G751jy. I checked the temperatures some time ago and I noticed that exceeded 90 degrees, I then cleaned the fans and changed the thermal paste with Artic. Now, using also notebookfancontroll, temperatures do not exceed 83 degrees with games like battlefield 1 and total war warhammer. I also noted that this cooling base (KLIM Wind) helps the PC to some degree.
You tell me that you have temperatures at idle and during heavy gaming?
What can I do to lower the temperatures further? I messed up the thermal paste? I used the method of the rice grain but maybe I put too much.
Ps: open the computer it was hell. You have to disassemble everything and the risk of breaking something is up.

Il vate
01-28-2017, 01:11 AM
It does not help anyone?
I really do not know if my PC has problems, and if, as a further lower the temperatures.

BoutTime01
01-28-2017, 06:44 AM
It does not help anyone?
I really do not know if my PC has problems, and if, as a further lower the temperatures.
Whilst gaming my CPU temp on my G752VT can momentarily spike to just under 100 deg c with no thermal throttling.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Il vate
01-29-2017, 05:10 AM
Thank you for answering!
And this is not a bad thing? The PC does not break at these temperatures?

BoutTime01
01-29-2017, 05:42 AM
Thank you for answering!
And this is not a bad thing? The PC does not break at these temperatures?
Some may say these temps are high......But there have been quite a few posts from G752 owners reporting similar temps.
The only time mine thermally throttled was when it was on my lap. What's interesting is that these higher temps are only spikes. The temps then drop dramatically and immediately so the laptop has full ability to control the temps and the fans are not maxed out.
Asus can easily solve it with a more aggressive fan curve but they are obviously mindful of noise and power usage.
So I'm not really concerned about it. But then again I'm no expert on the subject.

BoutTime01
02-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Some may say these temps are high......But there have been quite a few posts from G752 owners reporting similar temps.
The only time mine thermally throttled was when it was on my lap. What's interesting is that these higher temps are only spikes. The temps then drop dramatically and immediately so the laptop has full ability to control the temps and the fans are not maxed out.
Asus can easily solve it with a more aggressive fan curve but they are obviously mindful of noise and power usage.
So I'm not really concerned about it. But then again I'm no expert on the subject.

Realised yesterday that my power profile was set to maximum keeping the CPU at 100% minimum. Set it to balanced allowing the CPU to go down to 5% minimum and temp now maxes out at 89 deg c.