PDA

View Full Version : Help me diagnose random b1 or 61 code

DemiSLayer
01-29-2017, 03:33 AM
My system is 32gb of 3200mhz g-skill trident memory.** i7 6900k** Asus rampage v extreme* evga 1080 ftw in sli.
I'm getting a random b1 code it may be 61.*** and a random 1 long beep 3 short beeps then system will boot with nothing the screen until windows is loaded then works fine.***
I have tried overclocking xmp etc am using stock settings*including ram on auto which puts memory speed at*2133mhz.*** only other setting I have is*sync all cores to 40* all other settings are auto with fully manual mode set to disabled.
I have ran aida 60 for 2.5 hours and no problems. am running prime 95 right now.*** anyone have any ideas or should I just RMA everything in the system.* this has been going on for months.** am on latest bios latest evga firmware

DemiSLayer
01-29-2017, 03:44 AM
Should I switch the 2 cards around or maybe a PCH problem local to the motherboard ?*** it boots up and runs fine when it does the beep code just nothing on the screen until windows is loaded.*** its random and not often.** then when I get the b1 or 61 I have to turn power supply off or unplug then it boots up and runs perfectly fine.