View Full Version : G74SX Bluetooth... There is no Bluetooth

eurgbp2011
01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Has G74SX Bluetooth?
Tried to install Bluetooth software, said can't find hardware for that
WTF?

BrodyBoy
01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
It depends on the model configuration. There are some models that have an Intel WLAN + WIMAX card, rather than WLAN + Bluetooth.

norris1515
01-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Like people said some models come with it and some don't but I think most do.
Click fn + f2 and see if bluetooth is available

diegotrigo
01-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Can't believe on that.
Just bought this same computer with the top specs, ans just realized that there isn't bluetoohh :mad:
I never thought on this, so didn't even check it on the speces before buying.

Now have to change my bluetooth ear phone, mouse and would need a cable to tranfers data from my mobile?????????????

Miss my old computer!

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 04:05 AM
Or just get a WLAN + BT card. It's a cheap and easy upgrade.....much easier than replacing all those peripherals you just mentioned.

diegotrigo
01-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Or just get a WLAN + BT card. It's a cheap and easy upgrade.....much easier than replacing all those peripherals you just mentioned.

Actually it'd be a downgrade, as the WiMax + WIFI was supposed to be "better and newer" than WLAN + BT...

BrodyBoy
01-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Do you use WIMAX internet service? If not, there is no advantage whatsoever in having that capability in the card. And the stock card's WLAN capability is "entry-level," at best...it's a basic 150Mbps single-stream card. Virtually any replacement card you buy these days offers better WLAN capabilities, and as already noted, WIMAX is irrelevant if you don't use it. (As is bluetooth.)