PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Star Computers

MAKrog
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

First post and I'd like to start by saying that this seems like an extremely helpful community of knowledgeable and friendly people. I am getting ready to buy a G74sx, not decided on model just yet, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Pro-Star Computers. Their prices seem very good and you have the option to do some customization prior to purchase. I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks...and Happy New Year.

PILGRIM
01-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Welcome, MAKrog.

You're not from Pro-Star Computers, are you?.. :)

I hadn't had any experience with that retailer shop. But, yes, prices in there seem to be really good.
How about their Return Policy, is it any good?

MAKrog
01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
No, I'm not with ProStar, just found them when searching for aG74sx on Google. I've never heard of them before and was just wondering about how reputable they were. They have a 15 day return policy for Asus products. Has no one here ever dealt with them?
Thanks for any help.

PILGRIM
01-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Ah, okay..

IF you're not sure about it, why not try other tested retailers (e.g. Amazon, etc.)?
I think they can match the prices offered by ProStar..

Since I live outside the US, I bought mine from Gentech PC. G74 laptops in there are
a bit more expensive than ProStar, but customer assistance is tremendously good.
There's a great guy in there named Ken who has assisted me wonderfully. He even
went beyond his duty by helping me track my shipment, and called UPS China to
change my contact number when I mistakenly wrote it on my order form. GenTech PC
has been having positively high customer feedback, according to its customer reviews.

Good luck.

renik
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
my advice, not to buy fro pro-star! y tried to buy from them and it was impossible! they have en strange way to pay. and i was waiting for 1 week while they accept the payment! i just canceled the order and bought it in tiger direct, a little bit expensive, but more guarantee and safety that they answer and replace products at the moment, not like pro star that takes 1 week to accept a payment, very strange!!! hope helped!

RojasTKD
01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Their payment system is a bit different than I'm used to. Basically if you use PayPal you don't checkout through PayPal right away as usual. The will email you to confirm that you shop to address is the same as your PayPal confirmed address witch is also YOUR CREDIT CARD ADDRESS. I believe is a precautionary step to avoid fraudulent sales (stolen CC, hacked out fraudulent PayPal transactions). It protects them and also help protect you.

Prior to to ordering from pro-star I ordered from a site that had the G750JH-DB71 for a great deal. There was little info about the site buy a spike to PayPal and the confirmed they had a legit PayPal account. Still the price was so good a did more searching and found that other had ordered from them and gotten their product, but speed from different retailers like Best Buy and with an invoice for more than what the buyer originally paid. Basically pay them with PayPal, they Purchase somewhere else with a silken CC and have it speed to you. I contacted PayPal and the sellers and cancelledI. Upon getting the money back I ordered from Pro-Star as they offered the best price with a few upgrades, Blu-ray burner, AC WiFi and no second HDD (I have a large SSD for that bay). After that I can understand their precautions.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in as their payment system isn't a reason to fear them. My system should ship in a few days and be in my hands next week. If anyone is interested I'll let you know how it goes.