PDA

View Full Version : Asus G501JW Audio problem internal speakers

H8fullkill
02-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Hello ROG team,
Hope you're all doing well, so here's my problem i recently bought an ASUS G501JW and my issue is that i have absolutely no sound coming from the left internal speaker, i did the troubleshooting, installed old and new drivers from all the sources available, reinstalled windows 10 with no success, so i thought it was a hardware failure, i went to ebay and bought brand new speakers hoping my problem is gonna be solved opened my laptop installed the new ones and boom the same exact issue sound only coming from the right speaker, any help would be appreciated, i'm desperate...

H8fullkill
02-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Update : I tried using headphones and the sound is stereo and fully balanced, but still when i unplug them sound coming from the right speaker only, so what could be the problem here ? Not a hardware fail (tried new pair of speakers same results)

H8fullkill
02-13-2017, 02:40 PM
any help ?

Bill@ASUS
02-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Hello H8fullkill
Have you checked the settings in your Windows sound properties?
Please check that if the setting is out of balance and test out your internal speakers.
Thank you

Julskey
02-16-2017, 12:40 PM
Probably a bad Left speaker amplifier. Can you try swapping connection for left and right speakers? Probably different amplifiers are used for headphones (as should be) since headphones function just fine. It's best to have laptop replaced.

H8fullkill
02-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Hello first of all thank you for your replies, i've already checked the balance and it's okay, concerning the bad left speaker i've already bought a new pair and replaced them and still the same problem, i'm thinking of downgrading the bios :/