PDA

View Full Version : g74sx function key

startrekmaniac
01-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Im new here, so if this is in the wrong place, please movie it. Here is the deal, I re-installed windows 7. When it was done the monior went dark, like it was in battery saving mode. I downloaded the funcation driver. All but one of the function keys is working. The one that is not working is the performace function key. The one right next to the power button. The button is not working, I was able to change the performance settings in the control panel, but if I could get the stupid key working again that would be great. Any ideas???

zsld0423
01-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Install the Power4Gear Utility and that button will work again :D

BrodyBoy
01-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Function driver? I assume you mean the ATK Package? If you want that ROG button to work as a power profile toggle, you need to install Power4Gear...at the cost of having a not-quite-so-clean system. I don't think it's worth it....but your call., of course.

zsld0423
01-07-2012, 04:12 AM
What kind of problems does the Power4Gear utility cause? I never quite figured that out lol

BrodyBoy
01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
What kind of problems does the Power4Gear utility cause? I never quite figured that out lol
Search the forum......you'll see it come up in discussions of quite a few different sorts of issues. Basically, anything that can be impacted by a stealth program mucking around with the internal power settings (video, audio, network, USB, theme & display, etc etc etc). It's overly intrusive, making conflicts and unintended consequences hard-to-diagnose.

You can make and manage all the power profiles you need in Windows Power Management...without the hassles and extra processes running all the time.