PDA

View Full Version : New Bios 0801 Released

d5aqoep
02-24-2017, 12:20 PM
So far only released for IX Hero.

Bios v 0801
For IX Hero Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_HERO/MAXIMUS-IX-HERO-ASUS-0801.zip)

MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 0801
1.Improved PS2 devices/VGA card compatibility
2.Modified OA key function in legacy OS.
3.Improved System Performance.
4.Fixed overclocking profile naming issue.
5.Modified Thermal Control function.

Chino
02-24-2017, 03:59 PM
It should be available for all motherboards soon.

HeavyK
02-24-2017, 07:27 PM
This is so weird.

I can see the new BIOS on ASUS' homepage from my iPhone, but not om my computer.
So I just send it from my phone to my mail and updated via the BIOS button on my Hero, but I'm curious.

How the hell? The diffence is that I'm on my Wifi on my computer and on 4G on my phone.

KuraiShidosha
02-24-2017, 07:54 PM
Is this identical to the beta BIOS posted earlier?

redone13
02-24-2017, 09:40 PM
This is so weird.

I can see the new BIOS on ASUS' homepage from my iPhone, but not om my computer.
So I just send it from my phone to my mail and updated via the BIOS button on my Hero, but I'm curious.

How the hell? The diffence is that I'm on my Wifi on my computer and on 4G on my phone.

I too cannot see it on my desktop or my home network.

thegreenthing
02-25-2017, 01:17 AM
:cool: Perfect timing :cool:

Chino
02-25-2017, 01:18 AM
The page works fine for me.

d5aqoep
02-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Download directly from link found in the first post.

Amsterdam
02-25-2017, 07:32 AM
This is so weird.

Your wifi uses your ISP (Internet Service Provider) which is using proxy which is not real time up to date. Your 4G ISP doesnít use proxy. One of the reasons ISPís using proxy is to give you a faster page load. Unfortunately it is less up-to-date.

HeavyK
02-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Your wifi uses your ISP (Internet Service Provider) which is using proxy which is not real time up to date. Your 4G ISP doesnít use proxy. One of the reasons ISPís using proxy is to give you a faster page load. Unfortunately it is less up-to-date.

Sound answer, thanks!

JustinThyme
02-25-2017, 01:32 PM
This is so weird.

Cached page

Go to the browser you are using and clear the browsing history and delete the temp files.

Dude1070
02-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Is this BIOS only for ROG series, or will all Z270 boards get it?

ikrananka
02-25-2017, 03:01 PM
I really wish Asus would give just a little bit more info about the changes. In particular:

3.Improved System Performance. - What aspect of system performance has been improved?
5.Modified Thermal Control function. - Have the underlying thermal control algorithms been changed? Does this mean that if one has overclocked the system that stability tests would need to be repeated to ensure that the new thermal control function doesn't lead to higher CPU temperatures?

JustinThyme
02-25-2017, 04:12 PM
I really wish Asus would give just a little bit more info about the changes. In particular:

3.Improved System Performance. - What aspect of system performance has been improved?
5.Modified Thermal Control function. - Have the underlying thermal control algorithms been changed? Does this mean that if one has overclocked the system that stability tests would need to be repeated to ensure that the new thermal control function doesn't lead to higher CPU temperatures?

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
This has been one of the most descriptive change logs ever. Often you get nothing or just improved system performance.

ikrananka
02-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
This has been one of the most descriptive change logs ever. Often you get nothing or just improved system performance.

LOL - too true!!!

JustinThyme
02-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Is this BIOS only for ROG series, or will all Z270 boards get it?

ROG series are the flagship models and as a result get priority on R&D. Something else to take into consideration is all other boards are not engineered for the enthusiast market, they are meant for the basic user that wont be tweaking their systems.

If problems are noted on other models they will get updates. I often see folks complaining that the last update for their Z77 motherboard was 2014 and how ASUS should provide more frequent updates. BIOS isnt an operating system that evolves with all hardware, its simply meant for BASIC INPUT OUTPUT SYSTEM parameters and tells the motherboard that it is a motherboard and how to direct hardware functions.

Is this identical to the beta BIOS posted earlier?

Raja posted elsewhere that it is one in the same. The previous 0801 was never released as a BETA BIOS, just leaked before its official release.

Dude1070
02-25-2017, 06:09 PM
I guess I should have expected the "Flagship" response. My board, Z270 TUF MARK 1 uses the same 0701 BIOS, wondered if 0801 would come for it too

Essenbe
02-25-2017, 06:53 PM
ROG series are the flagship models and as a result get priority on R&D. Something else to take into consideration is all other boards are not engineered for the enthusiast market, they are meant for the basic user that wont be tweaking their systems.

Don't you think that is a rather "elitist" reply? If they are made for the 'Basic user who won't be tweaking their system' why put the same tweaks on them that the ROG boards have? As an owner of several versions of both ROG and Sabertooth/TUF I can tell you they will both overclock the same. There are only a few of the amenities left out of the Sabertooth boards. Not everyone needs and wants to pay for features they will never use.

HeavyK
02-25-2017, 07:16 PM
Cached page

Go to the browser you are using and clear the browsing history and delete the temp files.

Was the first thing I did. It was my providers proxy that wasn't updated, but thanks.

OutlawII
02-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Don't you think that is a rather "elitist" reply? If they are made for the 'Basic user who won't be tweaking their system' why put the same tweaks on them that the ROG boards have? As an owner of several versions of both ROG and Sabertooth/TUF I can tell you they will both overclock the same. There are only a few of the amenities left out of the Sabertooth boards. Not everyone needs and wants to pay for features they will never use.

Not really,you get what you pay for. Maybe your one of those get somehting for nothing types,or its not fair types? This could be why you think that comment is elitist

Dude1070
02-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Not really,you get what you pay for. Maybe your one of those get somehting for nothing types,or its not fair types? This could be why you think that comment is elitist

This is the part I was was referring to in my post

Something else to take into consideration is all other boards are not engineered for the enthusiast market, they are meant for the basic user that wont be tweaking their systems.

So an Z270 TUF MARK 1 is for a basic user that wont be tweaking? I think not, and to say so is Elitist

For what it is worth, I ordered two ROG IX Hero boards first, they were both bricks that would not post, so I went with the TUF board instead.

I understand this is the ROG forum, but I ask because both the Hero and my TUF board ran 0701, so I was hoping to get the 0801 improvement too

Essenbe
02-25-2017, 07:50 PM

Get something for nothing types? You get what you pay for? Why does the Tuf board cost more than the ROG Hero if you 'get what you pay for'?

Dude1070
02-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Well, my question was answered :cool:

OutlawII
02-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Get something for nothing types? You get what you pay for? Why does the Tuf board cost more than the ROG Hero if you 'get what you pay for'?

Get what you pay for... yes you are paying for all the fancy plastic bits on the board thats why you dont get any of the fancy things we do. And like was said before the ROG boards lean more to overclocking enthusiast type stuff

elmor
02-26-2017, 04:50 PM

Thermal Control is now relying on the CPU Package temperature instead of the on-board temperature sensor. It's more accurate and engages faster. There's also at least one bug-fix in there.

Jimlad
02-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Hello can i save my settings then reapply to new bios?

ikrananka
02-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Thermal Control is now relying on the CPU Package temperature instead of the on-board temperature sensor. It's more accurate and engages faster. There's also at least one bug-fix in there.

Well that is really good to know and makes this an essential update to install. Let's hope it's enough to prevent/reduce those peculiar spikes in fan speed.

I'm curious though, how did you come by this information?

ikrananka
02-27-2017, 02:23 PM

I'd like to know this as well. In my case, after the update I found the BIOS had reverted to its defaults and I had to apply my personal settings again.

OutlawII
02-27-2017, 02:38 PM
I'd like to know this as well. In my case, after the update I found the BIOS had reverted to its defaults and I had to apply my personal settings again.

Save the profile to a usb stick then load it onto the new bios

ikrananka
02-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Save the profile to a usb stick then load it onto the new bios

Thanks. I have now found it in the English manual on page 3-25. I hadn't noticed it before seeing as the section is named "ASUS Overclocking Profile" which really doesn't seem to correctly describe the function. It states that this saves your BIOS settings which infers that it is far more than just saving any overclocking settings you may have applied.

de_nis007
02-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Is it worth upgrading this bio 0801?
I'm using 0701 ASUS 270 CODE

Raja@ASUS
02-28-2017, 12:13 AM
If you use the overclocking temp control feature, upgrading to 0801 is worthwhile.

MrAgapiGC
02-28-2017, 01:18 AM

I am also wondering regaring. Thermal Control is CPU package,... I run a test today and that sensor whent to the roof in aida. Bios 0701 was reading on what??? Asus should make what changes where done. it is important. I am running my 6700K at 47 in 1.392 vols. a little high for my taste but it works.

I wish that there is someone here that can help on that in Panama. I can learn to help other ASUS users since is losing ground cause these. My friend that is the expert on these areas, make these to work. he recommend NO TO update for the moment. Since we do not know that are the changes.

elmor
03-01-2017, 08:25 AM

You can't save the profile between bios updates. What you can do is save your options as a text file under Tool\Load/Save Profile from/to USB Drive. and then use Ctrl+F2 to save current settings as a .txt file on a flash drive before updating and then enter all the settings manually.

I am also wondering regaring. Thermal Control is CPU package,... I run a test today and that sensor whent to the roof in aida. Bios 0701 was reading on what??? Asus should make what changes where done. it is important. I am running my 6700K at 47 in 1.392 vols. a little high for my taste but it works.

I wish that there is someone here that can help on that in Panama. I can learn to help other ASUS users since is losing ground cause these. My friend that is the expert on these areas, make these to work. he recommend NO TO update for the moment. Since we do not know that are the changes.

You mean CPU Package temperature is reading higher on 0801? Can you show a screenshot? Is it the same in HWInfo64? Thermal Control is not affecting the sensor values, all that's changed is which temperature sensor it's relying on to engage high/low ratio/voltage.

kaufen
03-01-2017, 09:42 AM
It should be available for all motherboards soon.

MrAgapiGC
03-01-2017, 01:54 PM
You can't save the profile between bios updates. What you can do is save your options as a text file under Tool\Load/Save Profile from/to USB Drive. and then use Ctrl+F2 to save current settings as a .txt file on a flash drive before updating and then enter all the settings manually.

You mean CPU Package temperature is reading higher on 0801? Can you show a screenshot? Is it the same in HWInfo64? Thermal Control is not affecting the sensor values, all that's changed is which temperature sensor it's relying on to engage high/low ratio/voltage.

In my 0701 is reading high temps. sorry if I did not get *it right on my post

robtherobot
03-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Just a heads up that the upgraded BIOS 0801 will not read a BIOS config saved to a USB profile from 0701. You will need to input all the settings again by hand.

Luckily you can also save a .txt file to the USB with all the settings which makes this a lot easier.

MrAgapiGC
03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
ok. i try to make the bios upgrade tomorrow. thanks for help