PDA

View Full Version : G53SX USB has issues need help

DXM31
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
1st post and I did a search but didn't find anything.
Anyway, when I plug anything into an empty USB port it does not work???
example, I am using a USB mouse, If I take it out of one of the USB 2.0 ports and plug it into another port it stops working.
It continues to not work when I plug the usb dongle into the port it was in originally.
If I restart with the usb dongle in it works.
I noticed this when I tried using a USB flash drive and nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks

dstrakele
01-08-2012, 02:30 AM
How long have you had your g53SX since purchase?

Are you on the ASUS Factory Windows 7 OS or a clean install?

Did this problem appear recently? If so, a Windows System Restore to an earlier time before the issue manifested may be worth a try.

You might also try entering the BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults (F9).

DXM31
01-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Original OS
It has always done it.
I have had this for about 6 weeks
I can give the bios a try.

dstrakele
01-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Unfortunately, you've likely exceeded the point where you could return your laptop to the retailer in exchange for a new unit.

Since this issue occurred right out of the box, a Windows System Restore is unlikely to resolve the issue.

You might also attempt to re-install the Intel Chipset drivers using the -overall switch. These drivers control the USB 2.0 ports. You may also want to re-install the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 driver if it is on your system. Get these drivers from links in the OP of the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's" thread and follow the instructions at the bottom of the post on using the -overall switch for the Intel Chipset drivers installation.

I also recommend booting into Safe Mode for driver installation. This will eliminate other running drivers that may potentially interfere with your re-installations.

DXM31
01-08-2012, 04:10 AM
I will look into updating the drivers, that would explain why I can't get my network printer for work.
This computer always tries to assign the wrong USB for the printer.
Network printer as in ASUS RT-N13u router USB connection.