PDA

View Full Version : Clean W7 Install

ravnos04
01-08-2012, 12:57 AM
I want to do this, but am iffy when it comes to bricking this. I have not flashed any BIOS updates due to fear as well. My question is there a step by step process for doing clean W7 install? Also, the thing is, I have the UPGRADE W7, not the full. Can I still use the W7 disc I currently have and just use a WinXP full disc for verification? Or will the upgrade W7 mess up the wipe altogether?

BrodyBoy
01-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I want to do this, but am iffy when it comes to bricking this. I have not flashed any BIOS updates due to fear as well. My question is there a step by step process for doing clean W7 install? Also, the thing is, I have the UPGRADE W7, not the full. Can I still use the W7 disc I currently have and just use a WinXP full disc for verification? Or will the upgrade W7 mess up the wipe altogether?
What model do you have? Are you actually upgrading from XP, or fresh-installing Win 7 on a WIn 7 computer?

EDIT: JUst saw your previous posts. Is this the replacement G74 you had mentioned? If this is a brand new G74 and you'd like to do a clean install, shoot me a PM.....I think I can help you with some resources.