PDA

View Full Version : Realtek clean driver instead of rog audio driver?

BrainstorM
02-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Hi there,

I'm experiencing some issues with realtek audio panel from rog. I downloaded clean installer from Realtek website but it still installing version with Rog interface:
http://s011.radikal.ru/i316/1702/e2/0a2ce98ff7ec.png

I would like to have legacy realtek panel which offer me more comfy audio settings for me. Is there any chance to do it?

Thank you.

JoergH
02-27-2017, 08:53 AM
I tried to make a clean realtek installation too, but with no success...:-(

dmoneytrue
03-03-2017, 04:06 PM
ASUS really needs to fix this crap....

BrainstorM
03-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Hey Asus,

Any feedback on this?

Thank you.

Terepin
03-09-2017, 09:22 AM
It will always use branded interface no matter what. Installer detects which motherboard you have and set GUI accordingly. You'd have MSI interface on MSI motherboard for example.

BrainstorM
03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
It will always use branded interface no matter what. Installer detects which motherboard you have and set GUI accordingly. You'd have MSI interface on MSI motherboard for example.
Previously I had gigabyte motherboard and haven't faced with such issue. The reason why I'm asking about this because sometimes after sleep mode Windows is changing the level of sound for several programs like Chrome or VLC. I disabled all automatically sound reduction features in "Sound" menu in Win10 control panel but it still decreasing level of sound. I assume that's because of Rog branded audio drivers installation and I also didn't find any settings in Rog sound panel for system behavior when I'm choosing PC headset as a default soung device. In clean realtek sound panel it was and also I didn't experinced any such issue with it.

robtherobot
03-13-2017, 07:32 PM
The drivers were last updated 2 months ago and have been broken the entire time. It's sad ASUS is ignoring this.

JustinThyme
03-14-2017, 06:37 AM
Has anyone considered the problem is not the drivers? I dont have any issues with it. Did you allow Nviida to install the sound drivers with the graphics drivers? This will cause a conflict every time. Personally I use the digital Toslink out to an external DAC and have zero issues.

schoolofmonkey
03-14-2017, 10:17 AM
I just went back to the default Windows HD Audio driver as I'm only using the optical out, sounds/works the same without the bloat.

robtherobot
03-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Has anyone considered the problem is not the drivers? I dont have any issues with it. Did you allow Nviida to install the sound drivers with the graphics drivers? This will cause a conflict every time. Personally I use the digital Toslink out to an external DAC and have zero issues.

Yes, and we narrowed it down to the drivers as the issues go away when the drivers are uninstalled and Windows uses a stock built-in driver. This isn't optimal and doesn't sound the same if you are using the analog outputs. It seems the headphone amp is not active for example. If you are using a digital input/output (ie. toslink) then it's probably fine as it's a different path. If you use analog (ie. headphones) in either the front or rear ports, there are definitely issues with the drivers.

JustinThyme
03-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Yes, and we narrowed it down to the drivers as the issues go away when the drivers are uninstalled and Windows uses a stock built-in driver. This isn't optimal and doesn't sound the same if you are using the analog outputs. It seems the headphone amp is not active for example. If you are using a digital input/output (ie. toslink) then it's probably fine as it's a different path. If you use analog (ie. headphones) in either the front or rear ports, there are definitely issues with the drivers.

The front panel audio is the supreme FX and 100% ASUS, nothing to do with Realtek although the drivers may be compiled into the same package. Its not going to sound the same because the drivers are not standard drivers. They have been altered to support sonic studio.

If you don't like the interface go with another board or buy PCIE sound card, just because its not what you want doesnt mean its broke. The interface is the least of the worries as no company regardless of who it is has decent on-board sound. They have gotten better over the years but far from audiophile quality.

If you install what ASUS has provided and sound comes out of all channels then its working.

robtherobot
03-14-2017, 04:22 PM
The front panel audio is the supreme FX and 100% ASUS, nothing to do with Realtek although the drivers may be compiled into the same package. Its not going to sound the same because the drivers are not standard drivers. They have been altered to support sonic studio.

If you don't like the interface go with another board or buy PCIE sound card, just because its not what you want doesnt mean its broke. The interface is the least of the worries as no company regardless of who it is has decent on-board sound. They have gotten better over the years but far from audiophile quality.

If you install what ASUS has provided and sound comes out of all channels then its working.

Thanks, but this reply is completely unhelpful. The interface is malfunctioning, either through hardware or drivers. Either way, that is on ASUS. There is no "personal preference" involved here. The board should work as advertised, period. It does not. The sound coming out is completely distorted and has huge volume changes randomly.

Zifnab
03-15-2017, 08:11 AM

That's a nonsense response. I have the Strix I, mini itx and I'm having similar issues. Sound glitches, volume level issues, etc, but only when I use the Asus drivers. Remove them and the default hd drivers work fine but you lose functionality. I'm not an audiophile per se but I do expect the equipment I paid for to function properly. Asus support sucks, period.

Zifnab
03-15-2017, 08:27 AM
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Driver_Win7-81-10_V6017960.zip?_ga=1.263419851.699103937.14895646 99

Use this older version. It fixed all the issues for me.

JustinThyme
03-16-2017, 04:51 AM
Sorry guys but my response was to what you posted so if its nonsense then its only following what you had posted. Not working correctly leaves a lot to be desired. The original post was complaining about the UI so try staying on topic.

My entire post is 100% factual, If it doesn't help try explaining your problems a little more thoroughly. Nonsense is to bust up in a forum with 3 posts in one thread having joined 3 years ago and telling someone trying to show you the way that their post is nonsense.

Sound level issues, glitches?
I'm not trying to be condescending but 2 people out of hundreds of thousands with generic responses does not a trend make.

I will agree that pretty much all support has gone to the wayside with the way they do call centers now. The first point of contact hardly knows how to turn a PC on. This is industry wide though.

BrainstorM
03-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Sorry guys but my response was to what you posted so if its nonsense then its only following what you had posted. Not working correctly leaves a lot to be desired. The original post was complaining about the UI so try staying on topic.

My entire post is 100% factual, If it doesn't help try explaining your problems a little more thoroughly. Nonsense is to bust up in a forum with 3 posts in one thread having joined 3 years ago and telling someone trying to show you the way that their post is nonsense.

Sound level issues, glitches?
I'm not trying to be condescending but 2 people out of hundreds of thousands with generic responses does not a trend make.

I will agree that pretty much all support has gone to the wayside with the way they do call centers now. The first point of contact hardly knows how to turn a PC on. This is industry wide though.
Hi Justin,

Looks like you are making some sex to your eyes (I will try to keep myself within because looks like that you feel yourself like a tough dude regarding the style of your answers). The original post which was made by me was also about sound level issue. And also about Asus sound driver UI and smaller functionality compared to legacy realtek UI. You are saying that 3-4 people is not the market trend. You may heard about the phrase: one death = the tragegy, one million deaths is just the statistics. I think much more people has the same issue but doesn't know for example about ROG forum. In this post already 4 or 5 people complained about issues with Rog interfaced audio driver so this can already indicate that something is wrong with driver. I'm happy that you don't have such an issue but this does not mean that you have to blame someone who has this problem. Ok, mate? Thank you.

lufiron
03-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Just chiming in to say I am experiencing the same thing on the Apex with the front panel only. *Heavy distortion through the headphones, and extreme changes in volume level. *Everything is fine coming out of the back panel, though, so it's something with the SupremeFX side of things.

Works fine with the Asus driver uninstalled on the base Windows driver. *I've been using the rear analog outputs for now.*

Pwrex
03-20-2017, 02:37 AM
I too am having the same problems from the front output only. I have tried dif heaphones and front output jacks it is something in the drivers or the motherboard. I have been thinking about just sending this junk back and going back to MSI......

Via the front panel I get popups sometimes repeatedly within a few second to choose what i just plugged in although I never.

I also get volumes spikes and cutting in and out at certain volume levels and crackling and popping with certain sound frequencies, very frustrating to say the least. I am livid at this point.

270e strix mobo.

mtrxx
03-20-2017, 10:36 AM
I too am having the same problems from the front output only. I have tried dif heaphones and front output jacks it is something in the drivers or the motherboard. I have been thinking about just sending this junk back and going back to MSI......

Via the front panel I get popups sometimes repeatedly within a few second to choose what i just plugged in although I never.

I also get volumes spikes and cutting in and out at certain volume levels and crackling and popping with certain sound frequencies, very frustrating to say the least. I am livid at this point.

270e strix mobo.

Inherent hardware problem with Realtek. I have tried nearly everything and these common problems still persist.
Drivers and/or bios updates does not fix a damn...

JustinThyme
03-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Hi Justin,

Looks like you are making some sex to your eyes (I will try to keep myself within because looks like that you feel yourself like a tough dude regarding the style of your answers). The original post which was made by me was also about sound level issue. And also about Asus sound driver UI and smaller functionality compared to legacy realtek UI. You are saying that 3-4 people is not the market trend. You may heard about the phrase: one death = the tragegy, one million deaths is just the statistics. I think much more people has the same issue but doesn't know for example about ROG forum. In this post already 4 or 5 people complained about issues with Rog interfaced audio driver so this can already indicate that something is wrong with driver. I'm happy that you don't have such an issue but this does not mean that you have to blame someone who has this problem. Ok, mate? Thank you.

I only post what I know to be fact, I don't go on conjecture. Before you go there please go back and read what Ive posted and compare it to what was posted before. If you have some substance to add, then please do, otherwise.........

Please stop trolling.:rolleyes:

Snuggles
03-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Same problems here too on a Strix Z270i gaming. Distorted sound and strange volume changes on the headphone output. Speakers are fine.
I experienced this problem twice now and was able to fix it by completely turning of the PC and pulling out the powerplug for a minute or so.

Still figuring out what causes it but it is definitively related to the headphone amplifier.

mikeymontz
03-26-2017, 01:16 AM
when i first set up the system... the front panel worked.... now the front panel is distorted with interference and static... thought... repositioned the front panel hd audio connector wire away from all the other wires and still the same thing.... as soon as i plug in my headphones... they work and you can hear the audio but as soon as you acknowledge the headphone input on the realtek software as headphones... it breaks.... ive tried clean installing the drivers to no avail.. this didnt happen with my p67 sabertooth in the same computer case..

using a i7 7700k on a z270 Code with a gtx 980

im about to upgrade to a 1080 TI and i was first thinking of getting an asus branded 1... but this lack of quality on a 300$ board is making me lean towards evga..

BrainstorM
03-28-2017, 07:53 AM
Just updated on the last BIOS. Looks like the issue has gone. Let's see how it will go further.

mikeymontz
03-29-2017, 01:49 PM
Same problems here too on a Strix Z270i gaming. Distorted sound and strange volume changes on the headphone output. Speakers are fine.
I experienced this problem twice now and was able to fix it by completely turning of the PC and pulling out the powerplug for a minute or so.

Still figuring out what causes it but it is definitively related to the headphone amplifier.

have you found a fix yet?

renatomv10
03-31-2017, 05:16 AM
when i first set up the system... the front panel worked.... now the front panel is distorted with interference and static... thought... repositioned the front panel hd audio connector wire away from all the other wires and still the same thing.... as soon as i plug in my headphones... they work and you can hear the audio but as soon as you acknowledge the headphone input on the realtek software as headphones... it breaks.... ive tried clean installing the drivers to no avail.. this didnt happen with my p67 sabertooth in the same computer case..

using a i7 7700k on a z270 Code with a gtx 980

im about to upgrade to a 1080 TI and i was first thinking of getting an asus branded 1... but this lack of quality on a 300$ board is making me lean towards evga..

Here in Z270E this with audio interference on front panel output

the sound is increasing and decreasing....

I made a video to show the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GkWYgt8Yk

Please help!

Thank you

robtherobot
03-31-2017, 12:06 PM

Please help!

Thank you

Seeing similar issues on my Strix270G with headphones.

Pwrex
03-31-2017, 02:47 PM

Please help!

Thank you

Same problem here, exactly. Pretty sure its the same others are having too. After returning a board and getting the same problem I thought about returning and going back to MSI but i was fed up at that point and just got me a soundacrd, first btw I have had to use in about 7 years, lol. Still pretty pissed about the whole deal and I promise I will NEVER buy another ASUS board.

itsleo112
04-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Please help!

Thank you
This is the exact same problem im currently having. This was my first time building a pc and was so worried i messed something up, im glad im not the only one but this sucks at the same time.

BrainstorM
04-03-2017, 04:02 PM
All, update to the latest BIOS. I did it and I'm not experiencing this issue anymore.

ColourXY
04-04-2017, 09:12 PM
All, update to the latest BIOS. I did it and I'm not experiencing this issue anymore.

Hi All, I updated the bios to BIOS 0906 and am still getting the issues. I have tried reinstalling the driver too and still get popping noise and audio that fades in and out when using the front jack.

If I uninstall the drivers and asus audio software I get normal audio out of the front jack.

Antonis000
04-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Actually the entire audio driver provided with Z270 is problematic.

In a clean os installation, new pc build, I lost 5 days trying to figure out why Kodi was crashing at startup and not launching at all.
The crash log reports were indicating possible problems with the audio driver. I didn't want to believe it and tried everything else (e.g. re-install video drivers, other versions of Kodi, DX-diag etc.).
Finally I downloaded from Realtek directly the vanilla Audio HD driver. And out of the blue Kodi worked flawlessly.

For those asking though even in a clean install of audio drivers, the vanilla Realtek HD Audio driver, perhaps it recognizes the Asus mobo and installs the ROG template. However the ASUS software (Sonic Studio) although it appears in the submenus of the ROG template, the respective tabs are not responsive/do not work which is absolutely logical since I have not installed them at all.