PDA

View Full Version : CPU Fan Error

no1yak
03-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Running an Asus Z 270 Hero 9 board with an i7 7700, the GTX 100i is connected to the CPU Fan header. Cpu fan in the BIOS is set to disabled(run at max). I get on boot that the cpu fan is not running but,it is. Have tried Op Cpu and water pump with the same results Now if I connect a 4 pin fan to the cpu header everything works as it should and no error message. Have tried every conceivable configuration in the Bios and always get the same results. Have even tried going back to an earlier bios but it made no difference. Have set lower cpu fan speed to ignore, didn't help, so I've now set the ignore for cpu fan.

It's strange that a 4 pin fan has no problems, Asus's 3 pin cpu fan setting doesn't work either.

Chino
03-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Are you installing the fans via a Y splitter extension?

no1yak
03-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Are you installing the fans via a Y splitter extension?

Yes , Y splitter used as standard.

Chino
03-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Remove the side panel for your case. Press the Start button and examine the fans. Do they start spinning as soon as you press the button or do they stall for a moment before spinning?

no1yak
03-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Remove the side panel for your case. Press the Start button and examine the fans. Do they start spinning as soon as you press the button or do they stall for a moment before spinning?

All fans start as soon as the start button is pressed.

I had this water cooler in my Asus Z170-WS with no problems at all. Like I said, If I connect a four pin fan with the CPU fan header set to monitor then I don't get the error message.

Chino
03-05-2017, 06:36 AM
If your pump has a cable that plugs into one of the motherboard fan headers, try plugging it into the CPU_FAN header and your fans into a CHA_FAN header.