PDA

View Full Version : IX Hero Noctua Industrial 3000 Problems

Resync
03-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Can you guys do something about this combination?

i got 3x industrials on CHAFAN1-3, the one on Slot 1 keeps hauling from time to time for no reason.

before this board i had the VIII Hero there was no such problem.

is there a place to report this? its kinda annoying.

Chino
03-04-2017, 02:12 PM
i got 3x industrials on CHAFAN1-3, the one on Slot 1 keeps hauling from time to time for no reason.

What do you mean hauling?

I have the same model with my Maximus IX Formula and it's been working fine.

madmeatballs
03-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Me too. I'm using ippc fans aswell all plugged on header no problems.

JustinThyme
03-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Check your fan profiles. One thing to avoid the fan RPMs from spiking up and down is get them off of using CPU temp for reference or open up the profile to where it doesnt spin up until you pass say 60C.

Download and run Hwmonitor and watch to see if the fans are following the CPU temp. The last two generation CPUs are known to spike from 30C to 60C in a millisecond! Only way to fix that is to delid the CPU and use liquid ultra but that also voids the warranty.

mutaz1912mkk
03-05-2017, 07:05 PM

how i get desktop wallpaper please
thx

madmeatballs
03-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Also check that your fans are getting enough voltage for the slowest RPM it can. Remember the minimum RPM for IPPCs is 800RPM (for NF-A14) and 750 RPM (for NF-F12) it may be running below the minimum voltage so it does that. I had this happen to me when I did not adjust Qfan on AI Suite. AI Suite is nice but it is buggy, causes page fault bsod for me. Better to just set fan speeds through bios.

Amsterdam
03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
how i get desktop wallpaper please
thx

Here ya go.

mutaz1912mkk
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Here ya go.

Thank you very much

panzlock
03-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Set your case fans to spool based on PCH temperature and they will run consistently. And make sure you save your fan profiles because I, and other members of this forum experience random fan profile reverts by Ai Suite III.

Resync
03-06-2017, 04:45 PM

I mean Fan on CHA1 spins up to 50 % for 1 second and spins down to normal speeds.

Resync
03-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Check your fan profiles. One thing to avoid the fan RPMs from spiking up and down is get them off of using CPU temp for reference or open up the profile to where it doesnt spin up until you pass say 60C.

Download and run Hwmonitor and watch to see if the fans are following the CPU temp. The last two generation CPUs are known to spike from 30C to 60C in a millisecond! Only way to fix that is to delid the CPU and use liquid ultra but that also voids the warranty.

Nope i before had the exact same config with VIII Hero and VIII Ranger never had those kind of problems.

My CPU is delidded there are no spikes.

Resync
03-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Also check that your fans are getting enough voltage for the slowest RPM it can. Remember the minimum RPM for IPPCs is 800RPM (for NF-A14) and 750 RPM (for NF-F12) it may be running below the minimum voltage so it does that. I had this happen to me when I did not adjust Qfan on AI Suite. AI Suite is nice but it is buggy, causes page fault bsod for me. Better to just set fan speeds through bios.

Ehm yeah... no...

PWM Range is 300-3000 RPM +-2%.
And yes they are getting enough voltage cause they are spinning.....

As i said above i had the exact same config with VIII Hero und VIII Ranger running flawlessly.

I kinda fixed it with putting spin up and down delay to 0.102 secs, but its not really a solution :D

already made a ticket for it, hope they can import some of this stuff from the "older gen" boards.

btw multi quote isnt working here... not so cool

Chino
03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
I mean Fan on CHA1 spins up to 50 % for 1 second and spins down to normal speeds.

Did you define a custom fan profile for the fan connected to that header? Or did you just connected it and left it on Auto settings?

Resync
03-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Did you define a custom fan profile for the fan connected to that header? Or did you just connected it and left it on Auto settings?

Tried auto calibrate and custom profile.

Korth
03-07-2017, 02:11 AM
I use these 120mm (http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial/nf-f12-industrialppc-3000-pwm/specification) and these 140mm (http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm/specification) Noctua Industrials in all of my builds. I buy them (cheap) from work, they buy bulk cases (even cheaper) from the manufacturer.

The PWM fan headers on my ROG R5E mobo are rated 12V@1A=12W each. But loading the mobo with various combinations of fans adding up to less than the rated limit caused it to sporadically fault at POST, spew weird Q-Codes, and generally run with intermittent thermal regulation full of firmware alarms. Maybe my particular R5E has dud PWM fan outputs, I've never seen this specific complaint (reliably) reported elsewhere, but it was fixed easily enough by installing a dedicated fan controller.

Just saying that if it's a hardware problem then it can be solved with a hardware fix.

I have seen reports of (other, non-Noctua) fans "stuttering" or "chopping" or "whining" on ROG mobos. Usually a symptom of the PWM frequency being too low, below the specification floor or dropout/surge capacities of (cheaper) fan motor (regulator) logic, so the fan operates in rough bursts which are hard on the bearings and vibrate and shake with a whole lot of racket. Or sometimes a symptom of the PWM frequency being too high, from the perspective of the (cheap) fan the fine and smooth power delivery/transition is basically just a linear voltage which "constantly" saturates the windings with excessive heat that burns the motor brushes and de-sinters the magnets.
I haven't (yet) plugged a scope into these mobo PWM outputs - and lol I haven't (yet) plugged any cheap PWM fans into them either - and I haven't found any "standard" specifications about 12V fan PWM frequencies, just the usually vague technical white papers and such - and ASUS put a whole lot of engineering effort into ensuring this mobo passes every required EMI/RFI emission regulation in multiple countries, so it can't be too "noisy". But I do wonder how these PWM frequencies are determined ... arbitrary observation with a variety of "common" 12V PWM fans, carefully researched for optimum compatibility, or just whatever performance parameters happen to be part of the parts ASUS uses for onboard ASICs like their famous "ROG Chip"?