PDA

View Full Version : Was replacing the battery on my G751JY laptop and ZAP!

grandmachine
03-09-2017, 04:00 AM
I was replacing the battery on my laptop, as I was putting it back together I caused static electricity. I put the computer back together and the computer works, but the screen is now flickering. I connected my laptop via HDMI to my tv and there's no issues using the computer. Now, my question is if I only damaged the actual lcd screen or did I damage something on the motherboard which is causing my screen to flicker.

Anyway I would be able to test this out? Also, where would you recommend me on buying the replacement part.

Bittersweet moment: the replacement battery worked! :D

grandmachine
03-09-2017, 04:36 AM
Update: so when I have my power adapter plugged into my computer the screen flickers.

Whenever I use power from only the battery, the monitor won't turn on.*

grandmachine
03-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Alright, so I went ahead and disconnected the battery to see if it was a battery issue, but the monitor won't turn on. Is there a way I can check if there's damage to the monitor or motherboard. I'm thinking monitor because when I connect the computer to my tv via HDMI, the output display works fine.

Also,

I'm checking replacement screens on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Asus+LCD+17.3%27+FHD+WV+EDP+GSYNC&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Asus+LCD+17.3%27+FHD+WV+EDP+GSYNC&_sacat=0

Can anyone lead me to the compatible LCD screen.

Any idea on where I can find replacement cables that attach to the LCD display? I think I might get the cables first to rule them out.