PDA

View Full Version : Strix Z270G PWM CPU Fan Control Problems

Lawlbringer
03-12-2017, 06:17 AM
For some reason when I try to set the fan speed % for my CPU fans(CPU/CPU_OPT) in PWM mode, regardless of what number I enter, it goes to 100. For example, if I want to set my lower temperature threshold of 30c to 30% fan speed, it goes to 100 even if I type in 30. Trying to move the dots on the Q-Fan graph results in the same as well, and all 3 dots go to 100% along with the fan speed.

Weird thing is, It was working fine before...and clearing my CMOS and loading optimized defaults doesn't seem to let me set the fan speed % any lower than 100% anymore. I'm on the latest 0801 BIOS for my motherboard as well.

I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM
04-03-2017, 08:12 PM
For some reason when I try to set the fan speed % for my CPU fans(CPU/CPU_OPT) in PWM mode, regardless of what number I enter, it goes to 100. For example, if I want to set my lower temperature threshold of 30c to 30% fan speed, it goes to 100 even if I type in 30. Trying to move the dots on the Q-Fan graph results in the same as well, and all 3 dots go to 100% along with the fan speed.

Weird thing is, It was working fine before...and clearing my CMOS and loading optimized defaults doesn't seem to let me set the fan speed % any lower than 100% anymore. I'm on the latest 0801 BIOS for my motherboard as well.

You must make sure you have set the correct PWM or DC mode for every fan on the PC. If you have a mix of PWM and 3 wire fans it can be problematic to get fan tuning or fan expert to work. Try optimizing all first then work your way down the list setting the profile and mode for each fan. Good luck. I too had a bit of headscratching and puzzling to get it to all work flawlessly but it is possible! Running BIOS 0801 as well by the way. Steer clear of 0906 new update as it is faulty at this time. You will not be able to boot in to windows if you engage XMP profile for your ram.