PDA

View Full Version : Help! Srial number

MrAgapiGC
03-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Dear users.

I was checking to add my IX Hero to my profile in asus.com to make the registration of my board.

The serial number is on the top where is the led strip connector right? I am asking these since i check my box and does not match.

My box said another number that contain 6 letters but my board has numbers. There is another way to check these if it match? it supposes to match somehow? I read that on top is something call PPID but on anywhere is a Serial number like on the box?

If someone can help me regarding these from user or asus personal please inform me as soon is possible in PM. since i think i got screw again from my vendor.

Carlos de Bernard

Arne Saknussemm
03-12-2017, 12:47 PM
On my boards there is a sticker on the back of the board that has the same serial number as on the box...

The numbers on the strip sticker on the face of the board have nothing in common with the serial number...the last 4 numbers are in fact shipping BIOS for example...

MrAgapiGC
03-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Thanks Arne. I will check it out as soon is posible. since i have to take out the board next monday since i start modding. i will check back

On my boards there is a sticker on the back of the board that has the same serial number as on the box...

The numbers on the strip sticker on the face of the board have nothing in common with the serial number...the last 4 numbers are in fact shipping BIOS for example...

Zka17
03-12-2017, 01:54 PM

Thanks, Arne! Just about the ask... I remembered that the last four numbers indicate the BIOS version - just forgot on which sticker...

Arne Saknussemm
03-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Heh...you a bit rusty Zka17!

Actually...on my RVE10 there is another strip sticker on the SATA ports....again not related to serial number....that's on back too

Zka17
03-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Heh...you a bit rusty Zka17!

You can not imagine how much! But I am here to fix that... :o

So, if those last 4 numbers does not match with the latest BIOS version on the website, we do need to update... Am I understanding it correctly that we will need to plug in the main power (24 pin), but no CPU or RAM necessary, and just follow the steps for updating (I saw somewhere a guide, can not remember where right now)?

Arne Saknussemm
03-12-2017, 02:53 PM
"Need"..I'm not sure about...I'm still on 0901 here...works great with my 5960X...

Later BIOS speed up boot time...I think...and I saw someone mention you can set LEDs to turn off when you power down...which is something I might eventually update for..

Never done a flash "blind" as it were...I'd power up board as it came first and then do that sort of thing...but that's me :o not sure but I'd plug in 8pin too...