PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Frame Rate Issues with AURA Installed

Bugsbugme
03-14-2017, 07:54 AM
I have an ASUS Prime X370-PRO with a Ryzen 1700 w/ Wraith Cooler and an RX480 8GB Strix.

When I install the latest AURA software (V1.04.26 ) I get extremely low frame rates in some of my games, seemingly anything made in the Unity Engine eg. Lara Croft GO, Cities Skylines etc.
By low, I mean in Lara Croft GO, I would get around 7fps.
I don't know if AURA is the exact cause, all I know is that when I uninstall it, the issue goes away.
I have tested this with a fresh install of Windows 10 with nothing else but Steam and the games (plus the latest drivers). Every time I install AURA, frame rates take a dive. Every time I uninstall AURA, the games return to normal.
I have seen an older thread saying that AURA would use a lot of CPU power, something like 20%. While I don't get that, AURA and its background tasks are always at the top of the list in Task Manager when sorting by CPU usage.

If anyone has any insight, I would love to know what is going on.

Thanks.

Bugsbugme
03-14-2017, 08:29 AM
I forgot to mention that it also effects Windows. Mouse movement becomes choppy, and so does the Windows UI in general.

Bugsbugme
03-14-2017, 08:44 AM
I've just done another test. I was curious to see what would happen if AURA didn't have to worry about the RX480 STRIX. So I swapped it out for an old 6950 I have.
After installing AURA, the games having trouble ran fine.
What this means, I don't know, but it's another oddity to add to the list.

Bugsbugme
03-15-2017, 11:44 PM
So I just saw a new version (1.04.29) show up in the downloads for my board.

It hasn't fixed anything.

If this is a bug, if it's being worked on, then it'd be nice to know.

At the moment, I'm just waiting and hoping that at some point this software is actually going to work.

Bahz
03-16-2017, 08:28 AM
I do think there are already similar topics discussing about high CPU usage issue with the AURA software. Our teams are looking for ways to fine tune this but it will definitely take some time to see major improvements with this. Right now the focus is to of course offer the right features that people want and make sure that the software is free of bugs.

Bugsbugme
03-16-2017, 09:30 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with CPU usage, at least not when I look at task manager. The processes tied to AURA aren't using all that much CPU power at all, but I would still say this is a bug if simply having it installed cripples my gaming performance. It would seem to be the GPU component of it that is causing the issue.
If you are trying to make it "free of bugs", I'd assume you want to know about this kind of stuff.