PDA

View Full Version : No Factory reset option ( to go back to windows 8.1)

fnTASY
03-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Hi guys,

I have an Asus G750JM. I've had it for a while now.

I like Windows 10. I upgraded to it, and have had it for a while now, probably a few days since release. I use to be able to go to the recovery options, and see a factory reset options back to 8.1, but now it's not there. Not a "Go Back to 8.1", but the factory reset option. It's not there, and apparently my "partition" was removed, as I looked up my question on google. Any help now? Just in case I go back to 8.1. Because it was much faster and overall better.

EDIT #1 - Also, yes, I have factory reset Windows 10 before no problem. Since the anniversary update, the option is now gone.

Clintlgm
03-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Yes when you reset window 10 you probably wiped all the windows 8 partition etc. Normally on an upgrade from windows 8 to 10 you have 30 days to restore back to 8. If you didn't create an Image of that drive before upgrading to 10 you probably don't have a way back now with out purchasing a windows 8 since your 8 key has been upgraded to 10.
And no windows 8 is not faster than 10 your particular hardware configuration my have better drivers in 8 than 10 but not likely.