PDA

View Full Version : PCI E slot 1 not reading video card

Bert G
03-23-2017, 12:13 AM
I have a Max IX Formula with two GTX 980 ti in sli. Both cards working. I updated to Windows 10 build 15061 when the update did its last reboot nothing was coming up in the screen. Rebooted again but nothing coming up. Moved the hdmi cable to the second card and I got video. Checked device manager and only seeing the second video card. Booted into the bios and it's only seeing the second card. I've reset the bios and updated it to 801. Still nothing. I've tested the second video card in pci e slot 1 and not reading it. Both cards work in slot 2. Did my pci e slot 1 burned out? It still powers up the card because the led lights are still on without plugging in the 6 and 8 pin power cable. Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chino
03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
Continue updating to the latest build.

JustinThyme
03-23-2017, 03:23 AM
This is an insider preview and may not be stable. 15063 was released a few days later. update to 15063 then do a clean install of the Geforce drivers may fix it.

Bert G
03-24-2017, 04:48 AM
Thank you for the reply but I got the board tested and the pci e slot some how burned out. Got the board replaced and everything working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk