PDA

View Full Version : [ASUS G751] Undervolting Question with XTU

Fs0ci3ty
03-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Hi I've read some threads here that they could undervolt their i7-4710HQ upto -135mV but when I try to set Core Offset Voltage in XTU, it would only permit a minimum of -90mV in the dropdown menu and the slider. Is there something wrong with my version of XTU or something else?

I'm on the latest BIOS by the way.

BoutTime01
03-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Not sure, but with my i7-6700HQ i could go much further. To be honest though I uninstalled XTU and replaced it with ThrottleStop as XTU kept forgetting my undervolt after power off/power on. With ThrottleStop you can get it to start on user login (set up in Task Scheduler) and it shows temps and info in the taskbar so you know it's working. It doesn't have the fancy UI of XTU but it works every time (unlike XTU). I've undervolted by 150mV and my max temps have dropped from 99 Deg C to 89 Deg C when gaming with no loss in performance. In fact my benchmarks have improved.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fs0ci3ty
03-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks very much. I didnt know of Throttlestop as being something like XTU. I always thought it was benchmarking tool for overclock only.

I was so confused when others posted a screenshot of their XTU and it wasnt like min where it was only until -0.090.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk