PDA

View Full Version : New Z270 BIOS 0906

d5aqoep
03-25-2017, 02:21 PM
The BIOS was just made available now from official support page.

For Z270 IX Hero Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_HERO/MAXIMUS-IX-HERO-ASUS-0906.zip)
For Z270 IX APEX Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_APEX/MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-0906.zip)
For Z270 IX CODE Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_CODE/MAXIMUS-IX-CODE-ASUS-0906.zip)
For Z270 IX Formula! Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_FORMULA/MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA-ASUS-0906.zip)
For Z270 IX EXTREME Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_EXTREME/MAXIMUS-IX-EXTREME-ASUS-0906.zip)
For STRIX Z270E GAMING Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270E_GAMING/STRIX-Z270E-GAMING-ASUS-0906.zip)
For STRIX Z270F GAMING Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270F_GAMING/STRIX-Z270F-GAMING-ASUS-0906.zip)
For STRIX Z270G GAMING Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270G_GAMING/STRIX-Z270G-GAMING-ASUS-0906.zip)
For STRIX Z270H GAMING Download here (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270H_GAMING/STRIX-Z270H-GAMING-ASUS-0906.zip)

Change log

BIOS 0906
1.Complete support for Intel® Optane Memory
2.Fixed PXE issue.
3.Fixed M.2 device issue (Plextor)
4.Fixed MemTest86 issue in multi-CPU selection modes

TikTok
03-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Thank you for making me aware of the new BIOS update.

JustinThyme
03-25-2017, 05:14 PM
You left out the most popular, The Z270 IX Formula! Download HERE (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_FORMULA/MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA-ASUS-0906.zip?_ga=1.100442393.682928051.1490461006)

mcleod52
03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Hmm, think I will wait for a bit before dropping this onto my MB. ANybody have input what this issue was?

Fixed M.2 device issue (Plextor)

I have one of these installed and have no problems I am aware of :-)

mutaz1912mkk
03-25-2017, 08:49 PM
i update my M.B IX Hero Bios 0906

it is take long time to boot !!

how can i fix it ???

JustinThyme
03-25-2017, 08:53 PM
i update my M.B IX Hero Bios 0906

it is take long time to boot !!

how can i fix it ???

Can you be a bit more specific?

Was the problem there before or is that why you updated?

What are you calling a long time?

Check your settings for CSM and UEFI*

OlMightyG
03-25-2017, 10:23 PM
The Asus board takes longer than other boards to get to post.
I would like to see ASUS fix the problem concerning prolonged boot time when using a M.2 PCIe drive with a NVIDIA graphics card since NVIDIA made some research and told me that it might be as ASUS problem.
Any ASUS guys around?

Can you be a bit more specific?

Was the problem there before or is that why you updated?

What are you calling a long time?

Check your settings for CSM and UEFI*

mikeymontz
03-26-2017, 01:07 AM
AM I THE ONLY 1 THAT BOUGHT A Z270 CODE.... thought it woulda been the sweet spot between the extremely high end and the entry ROG boards

qUAanA
03-26-2017, 02:04 AM
AM I THE ONLY 1 THAT BOUGHT A Z270 CODE.... thought it woulda been the sweet spot between the extremely high end and the entry ROG boards

you are not alone
It Rocks!!!*

d5aqoep
03-26-2017, 04:41 AM
You left out the most popular, The Z270 IX Formula! Download HERE (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_FORMULA/MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA-ASUS-0906.zip?_ga=1.100442393.682928051.1490461006)

BIOS link was not present on ASUS site for Formula at the time of writing the post. But thanks for that. I have updated the first post.

d5aqoep
03-26-2017, 04:45 AM
Bios for IX CODE is now available. Check 1st post.:)

mcleod52
03-26-2017, 06:44 AM
I took the leap and dropped 0906 on my Hero ... so far so good.

KuraiShidosha
03-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Maximus IX Hero here. Boot times definitely taking longer on the new bios. Reconfigured all settings the same. No idea why.

Memory overclocking (and CPU in general) seems more stable. Pushed from 3200Mhz C16 to 3466Mhz C16 and it's stable where before it was ugly. Didn't even have to raise CPU vcore to hold it now. Nice.

I noticed my CPU minimum voltage was raised slightly on both my M-IX-H + 7700k boards. Mine used to idle at 0.672-688v while my other board idled at 0.720v. Now both boards idle at the same 0.704v now. Strange.

Hawk570
03-26-2017, 09:44 PM
Thank you for posting this. It doesnt show up in AI Suite Update yet.

appe_
03-27-2017, 06:26 AM
My Z270H board does not like new 0906 BIOS at all. If I shutdown my computer it will not POST until the unplug the PSU cable for a few seconds and start it again, then it boots normally. If I reboot from Windows it reboots fine, it is just cold boots or when returning from sleep it wont boot at all, just spins up the hard drives, does not even spin up CPU fans, the troubleshooting LEDs does not indicate anything.

Back to 0801 BIOS and everything is working fine again. (Also tried to reflash the BIOS 0906 again, but I can still reproduce the issue.)

HeavyK
03-27-2017, 06:44 AM
Maximus IX Hero here.

The BIOS have been working great for me since it was released, my board works exactly the same as 0801.
The boot time is the same too.

MrAgapiGC
03-27-2017, 09:48 AM
So far the 0801 has being good. i will wait for that update since all is ok. Regarding the the boards posting times, i see that. I will assume that boards take good steps that all is ok before post. I am not worry in that area. a part for the improvement, anyone see other fix or improvement? I am using 6700K and it has being ROCK SOLID.

mikkojeejee
03-27-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm having strange issue with this new bios. My cpu is running at 800mhz when I select XMP profile for my memory kit. :confused: I tried booting without xmp profile and cpu worked fine.
When I'm using 0801 bios, everything is working with XMP profile and clock speeds are normal.

Anyone else having this problem??

Z270G
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz

zorin1
03-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm having strange issue with this new bios. My cpu is running at 800mhz when I select XMP profile for my memory kit. :confused: I tried booting without xmp profile and cpu worked fine.
When I'm using 0801 bios, everything is working with XMP profile and clock speeds are normal.

Anyone else having this problem??

Z270G
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz

I have a problem when I set the over clock to XMP and do not change anything other then memory settings it will post once at 3200 memory speed. Once I shutdown the machine it will no longer post. I having similar issue prior the BIOS update. Just was booting sometimes.

JoergH
03-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Installed on a Maximus IX Hero - no Problems, same boot-time... i cant see any changes to 0801...:)

no1yak
03-27-2017, 04:40 PM
0906 also installed on M9H, no problems at all. XMP @ 3200 using GSkill 3200C16D-16GVK x2 = 32GB. Two 16 GB kits guess I got lucky. Board rock solid, passed Memtest for 12 hours with no errors, RealBench 4 hours stress test no problems.

appe_
03-27-2017, 06:13 PM
My Z270H board does not like new 0906 BIOS at all. If I shutdown my computer it will not POST until the unplug the PSU cable for a few seconds and start it again, then it boots normally. If I reboot from Windows it reboots fine, it is just cold boots or when returning from sleep it wont boot at all, just spins up the hard drives, does not even spin up CPU fans, the troubleshooting LEDs does not indicate anything.

Back to 0801 BIOS and everything is working fine again. (Also tried to reflash the BIOS 0906 again, but I can still reproduce the issue.)
I checked my VCCIO/System agent voltage with 0906 and they where way to high when using XMP, explains why it did not POST as I wrote above.
Booted back to 0801 to write down my auto values of VCCIO/System Agent Voltage when using XMP:

VCCIO Voltage 1.128
System Agent Voltage 1.216

Booted back to 0906 enabled XMP and manually configured:
VCCIO Voltage 1.15 (mb reads it as 1.128)
System Agent Voltage 1.2 (mb reads it as 1.216)

Now 0906 POST without problem with my Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB CMK16GX4M2B3000C15, and seems as stable as it was on 0801.

gehemnix
03-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Unfortunately I can conform this error with the new BIOS 0906 - STRIX Z270G GAMING. It is not working properly with XMP settings. When loading Windows with XMP enabled the Computer just freezes at Windows loading screen and I must reboot. Interestingly, it passes the internal memory test at post. With XMP disabled the Computer is loading Windows properly but it feels slower than usual.

I had no such issues before. Everything was working fine under BIOS rev 0701 and 0801. I did not take a look at the System Agend and VCCIO voltages but instead went back to the old BIOS. Thanks to zorin1 & appe_ for already figuring out that the issue might be solvable there.

Hope this won't be a permanent matter in future BIOS updates. What do you guys think? Will Asus set this straight again with the next revision?

zorin1
03-27-2017, 11:39 PM
I checked my VCCIO/System agent voltage with 0906 and they where way to high when using XMP, explains why it did not POST as I wrote above.
Booted back to 0801 to write down my auto values of VCCIO/System Agent Voltage when using XMP:

VCCIO Voltage 1.128
System Agent Voltage 1.216

Booted back to 0906 enabled XMP and manually configured:
VCCIO Voltage 1.15 (mb reads it as 1.128)
System Agent Voltage 1.2 (mb reads it as 1.216)

Now 0906 POST without problem with my Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB CMK16GX4M2B3000C15, and seems as stable as it was on 0801.

Can you explain more what you mean by "mb read it as ??" Are you saying that you entered the same value in the BIOS but when you log into Windows and run some program that is how you the different readings?

MacLeod77
03-28-2017, 12:38 PM

I had the exact same issue above. Getting into the bios was very difficult as the screen wouldn't power on 3 out of 4 times. Had to unplug the pc completely. Gone back to the 7 bios as I found 802 unstable at 4.9 ghz.

Tatuzki
03-28-2017, 06:10 PM

^ I have the same problem with Z270H and version 0906!

XMP on and it doesn't wake up from sleep and if u (force)turn the pc off it, it wont boot unless u do the psu cable trick..without xmp it works fine, but may I ask thee how do you return to previous bios version?

THIS WHOLE BUG NEEDS TO BE SOLVED ASAP!

Findolin
03-28-2017, 07:24 PM

XMP on and it doesn't wake up from sleep and if u (force)turn the pc off it, it wont boot unless u do the psu cable trick..without xmp it works fine, but may I ask thee how do you return to previous bios version?

I am having the same issue with my Maximus IX Hero since i got it. I created a topic in this forum about that.
It looks like the memory settings are causing this, since everything works fine with memory at 2933 Mhz (instead of 3600 Mhz).
A new pair of RAM sticks or the BIOS update to 0906 didn't solve the problem.
Still going with 2933Mhz and looking for a solution.

Silent Scone@ASUS
03-29-2017, 08:33 AM

If it only happens when XMP is enabled, it's due to instability. This isn't a bug with the UEFI

gehemnix
03-29-2017, 08:40 AM
If it only happens when XMP is enabled, it's due to instability. This isn't a bug with the UEFI

Do you believe that to be true even if it works perfectly fine under the previous BIOS revision?

Raja@ASUS
03-29-2017, 09:24 AM
Do you believe that to be true even if it works perfectly fine under the previous BIOS revision?

Try tuning the SA and IO voltages. The voltage applied on Auto can change between builds due to some CPUs needing more. If your CPU prefers less than a given UEFI build applies on Auto, you simply need to tune it to the correct value.

gehemnix
03-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Try tuning the SA and IO voltages. The voltage applied on Auto can change between builds due to some CPUs needing more. If your CPU prefers less than a given UEFI build applies on Auto, you simply need to tune it to the correct value.

Sorry, but I won't try tuning anything. The board and its chipset are made to house my 7700k and the used memory is feautured in the QVL for my mainboard on the ASUS support page. So as long as I'm not overclocking my CPU I expect the system and its memory to run with default XMP settings out of the box. And that was the case until 0906 was released. If the voltage applied on Auto changed with this most recent built to the point that it messes with the overall stability of my system, this is faulty and I dare calling it a bug.

edit: sorry for the salt, I know you just try to help out here.

mikkojeejee
03-29-2017, 02:12 PM

Hello Raja
Is there any way to contact bios team about this issue? Maybe there is something wrong with 0906 bios? Or perhaps simple human error was made when updating the code? Have they tested this bios with for example ripjaws v memory which are in the qvl for z270g and probably for other z270 boards?
I personally have been hearing reports of similiar problems in other forums with high memory speed using xmp with z270 boards and common thing for all is that everything was fine with 0801 and earlier bioses. :confused:

I got my system working by manually adjusting vccsa and vccio to 1.15v on 0906. I haven't checked what it sets on default settings because I think if there is too much voltage or something with default settings it can do damage to my system, cpu was running 800mhz on desktop under load when using default settings and xmp profile.

Thanks for trying to help
-mikko

AudioGod
03-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Sorry, but I won't try tuning anything. The board and its chipset are made to house my 7700k and the used memory is feautured in the QVL for my mainboard on the ASUS support page. So as long as I'm not overclocking my CPU I expect the system and its memory to run with default XMP settings out of the box. And that was the case until 0906 was released. If the voltage applied on Auto changed with this most recent built to the point that it messes with the overall stability of my system, this is faulty and I dare calling it a bug.

Hi,

I can also confirm there is a problem with 0906, I have a Maximus ix Hero running a 7700k @ 5ghz and 32gb of G-skills Trident Z @ 3000mhz and its been rock solid and stable with every bios revision so far and passed all benchmarks and stability tests inc 8 hours of realbench and 8 hours of prime 95 v26.6 but that all changed the second I updated the bios to 0906. since then my memory is failing memtest unless I run it with 2 sticks of ram and not 4 and my overclock stable voltage is moving around, originally its always been at 1.35v but when I updated to 0906 suddenly the cpu needed 1.45v and then after a day it was wanting more voltage and became unstable again. while studying hw info I noticed random spikes and drops in the vcore voltage, the memory, system agent and vccio so I tried to stabilise it in the bios with absolutely zero success so last night before I went to bed I flashed my bios back to 0801, put back all my settings and overclock and then ran realbench while I slept and when I woke up its was happy as larry again and rock solid stable. I have since then ran 3 passes of memtest on all 4 sticks (32gb) with no errors or problems.
I think its safe to say that there's nothing wrong with anything I was doing and something very badly wrong with the coding of 0906.
I hope this info helps and if anybody disagrees with me then please don't shoot me!!!!!!

Silent Scone@ASUS
03-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Hello Raja
Is there any way to contact bios team about this issue? Maybe there is something wrong with 0906 bios? Or perhaps simple human error was made when updating the code? Have they tested this bios with for example ripjaws v memory which are in the qvl for z270g and probably for other z270 boards?
I personally have been hearing reports of similiar problems in other forums with high memory speed using xmp with z270 boards and common thing for all is that everything was fine with 0801 and earlier bioses. :confused:

I got my system working by manually adjusting vccsa and vccio to 1.15v on 0906. I haven't checked what it sets on default settings because I think if there is too much voltage or something with default settings it can do damage to my system, cpu was running 800mhz on desktop under load when using default settings and xmp profile.

Thanks for trying to help
-mikko

As Raja has already said, these rules change over the course of a platform life cycle, and stability from build to build should not be assumed. If the system is stable and you are not waiting for any further feature or compatibility implementation, then there is little reason to flash unless advised to.

What works for some users may not work for others, so if the rules have changed then they would have done so for a valid reason. Best to simply tune the system in manually and not think to much about these things :)

Chino
03-29-2017, 03:43 PM

Using XMP is overclocking the memory. Just wanted to point that out. :)

mikkojeejee
03-29-2017, 03:59 PM
As Raja has already said, these rules change over the course of a platform life cycle, and stability from build to build should not be assumed. If the system is stable and you are not waiting for any further feature or compatibility implementation, then there is little reason to flash unless advised to.

What works for some users may not work for others, so if the rules have changed then they would have done so for a valid reason. Best to simply tune the system in manually and not think to much about these things :)

So bios updates are not used for increasing system stability and performance like majority of them are when it's mentioned? And complete support for optane memory for example is not good enough reason to update your motherboard bios?

When bios update causes instability for so many users then one would think that there is some kind of problem with the updated bios. I remember having gene v and all the bios versions were stable in that system, from beginning to very end. Even having 2400mhz memory on ddr3, even though there were some bioses with no performance and stability increase promised and not specially adviced. I still updated it every time and all was well... And I know that it was different system and my components may still be the issue now. :rolleyes:

The point is that there is so many of us with these problems. Im ok if my cpu or memory is the culprit, it's just hard to believe... :)

Silent Scone@ASUS
03-29-2017, 04:15 PM
So bios updates are not used for increasing system stability and performance like majority of them are when it's mentioned? And complete support for optane memory for example is not good enough reason to update your motherboard bios?

When bios update causes instability for so many users then one would think that there is some kind of problem with the updated bios. I remember having gene v and all the bios versions were stable in that system, from beginning to very end. Even having 2400mhz memory on ddr3, even though there were some bioses with no performance and stability increase promised and not specially adviced. I still updated it every time and all was well... And I know that it was different system and my components may still be the issue now. :rolleyes:

The point is that there is so many of us with these problems. Im ok if my cpu or memory is the culprit, it's just hard to believe... :)

Unfortunately the scope can be huge when trying to cover each individual CPU (with regards to auto rules), and the nature of things means that manual tuning is often required. This isn't something that is exclusive to a particular board or platform. If wanting to outright avoid these situations, you can either stay on a build that works for you, or leave the memory at stock.

mikkojeejee
03-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately the scope can be huge when trying to cover each individual CPU (with regards to auto rules), and the nature of things means that manual tuning is often required. This isn't something that is exclusive to a particular board or platform. If wanting to outright avoid these situations, you can either stay on a build that works for you, or leave the memory at stock.

I investigated little more about this. Look at these voltages...

DEFAULT AUTOMATIC SETTINGS WITH XMP ON 0906
DEFAULT AUTOMATIC SETTINGS WITH XMP ON 0801

Id say there is something wrong between 0801 vs 0906 if VCCIO voltage is way over the top. Maybe so over the top that cpu cannot handle it and is running always at 800mhz? It seems that cpu standby voltage is also bumped in 0906 :confused:

And again, setting vccio and vccsa to 1.15v everything is fine.
Reads in bios:
VCCIO ~ 1.136v
VCCSA ~ 1.184v

-mikko

gehemnix
03-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Using XMP is overclocking the memory. Just wanted to point that out. :)

Yes, that is very nice of you to point out. But if you revisit my comment again and more carefully, you will see that I mentioned the conformity of my system specs with this particular kind of overclocking according to the QVL. So this shouldn't matter and I still see the responsibility to assure general stability with ASUS by releasing proper BIOS revisions.

Again, my system and my implementation of the memory via XMP are in accordance with the QVL. I can't see any reason to simply swallow either the lack of features by staying with 0801 forever, running the memory at slower frequency or having to tinker with the voltages myself at this stage. I can understand that this is getting necessary at the latest when I overclock the CPU manually though.

Tatuzki
03-30-2017, 04:22 AM

Exactly. With BIOS version 08-- XMP worked perfectly, with 0906 it does not work at all. So the bug is indeed in 0906, at least for Z270H.

Silent Scone@ASUS
03-30-2017, 06:39 AM
Yes, that is very nice of you to point out. But if you revisit my comment again and more carefully, you will see that I mentioned the conformity of my system specs with this particular kind of overclocking according to the QVL. So this shouldn't matter and I still see the responsibility to assure general stability with ASUS by releasing proper BIOS revisions.

QVL doesn't ensure 100% compatibility, so there is no need for him to revisit your post. The vendor listings provide a list of kits that have been validated to work on the board to ensure the user the best possible chance, it's not a guarantee. In fact doing so across UEFI builds is almost impossible if trying to accommodate every possible configuration/sample.

The memory training routines and the multitude of conditions that need to be met means not all values will be valid for every individual case. If rules change, user intervention can be required. So when speaking about overclocking memory with higher frequencies, yes, it really does matter as these margins become tighter.

This guide here should help a little. It's not a topic that's easily digested, but it contains informative nuggets to better understand the requirements that need to be met at POST to the likes of laymen (including me). The take way really is that although unconditional compatibility would be fantastic, it's not a realistic outlook.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44467-Overclocking-Tips-Beginner-and-Advanced-Guide-to-Overclocking
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57715-Overclocking-Tips-Part-Two

Raja@ASUS
03-30-2017, 09:00 AM

Some water to dilute the salt: When it comes to memory, anything faster than Jedec (timings & frequency) is technically overclocking and results/needs will vary from part to part. Each set of components has a sweet spot, and as a system integrator (you), it's up to you to tune the system according to the capabilities of those parts. If you don't want to tune manually, you'll just have to run things as is.

zorin1
03-30-2017, 01:46 PM
Exactly. With BIOS version 08-- XMP worked perfectly, with 0906 it does not work at all. So the bug is indeed in 0906, at least for Z270H.

I agree with this. At least people here were kind enough to tell me what to set in the BIOS manually to get it to work.

mkowalm
03-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Hello.

I've same issue on Z270G (7700K + Corsair LPX 3200MHz CL16). When XMP is enabled processor running only at 800MHz.

soccastar001
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
To offer a different point of view, XMP isn't functioning properly for me on 0801 (and didn't on the BIOS my board shipped with) so it isn't universal. I've had boot problems with XMP enabled since I built the system.

When I contacted Asus for support they, fairly, pointed out that Intel technically only supports memory speeds of up to 2400 (On the 7700K I'm using anyway, my sticks are 3200).

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

I was excited to see a new BIOS thinking it might fix my woes with XMP, but I see more nays than yays on this thread so I will refrain from this one for now. As a previous user pointed out, BIOS updates aren't like your mouse drivers. You shouldn't apply new BIOS unless you are fixing a problem or adding support or a feature you were lacking.

Notoriousfoges
03-31-2017, 05:28 AM
same problem with new bios and xmp, had to roll it back

I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM
04-04-2017, 06:46 AM
This BIOS is most definitely flawed! Very slow to boot, strange white flash occupying 30% of screen on boot and will not boot in to windows when you engage XMP profile. Steer clear. Roll back to 0801 which works flawlessly.

DanielDPT
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
I also have problems with Z270F.
After the update it takes along time to post.
27 sec. to boot. Before 17 sec.
I have a Samsung evo 970 m.2 cant select x.4.

I thnik my XMP profil works fine and i get 4200 mhz from I7 7700k.

DanielDPT
04-04-2017, 08:46 AM
This BIOS is most definitely flawed! Very slow to boot, strange white flash occupying 30% of screen on boot and will not boot in to windows when you engage XMP profile. Steer clear. Roll back to 0801 which works flawlessly.

Is it totally safe to downgrade?

ikrananka
04-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for posting their issues with this BIOS. Thanks to you I have not updated mine and will now wait for a stable and working update.

nickster7
04-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Same XMP problem here with z270G motherboard, i7-7700k, and 16GB corsair 3200mhz RAM

On bios 0801 I have a stable 4.9 GHz overclock with XMP memory setting

I am looking forward to trying out Optane, so I upgraded to BIOS 0906. With all BIOS settings the same as I had in 0801 including XMP enabled, processor speed is locked at 800MHz and won't boot into windows on most attempts. Even downclocking to stock CPU speeds but with XMP option, the processor is locked at 800MHz. I will look at the IO and SA settings and give that a try.

Even if you refuse to consider the 0906 BIOS "bugged" or "flawed", don't you think there should be instructions offered with the 0906 BIOS to "tune" the IO and SA voltages (if this is in fact the source of the problem) when using XMP and experiencing problems? This does not appear to be some extremely rare or isolated issue with this bios version, based on the number of folks that have chimed in on this thread. Not everyone with 0906 XMP issues will make it to this thread to find the remedy.

max1234
04-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I am also having problems with the BIOS (already tested three versions 0701, 0801, 0906)

My setup;
Maximus IX formula
Intel core i7 7700k
32gb Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 (2x16gb, CMU32GX4M2C3200C16)

When I select XMP profile;
On each cold boot my computer is acting weird. When I press the power button the pc powers on, then immediately it turns itself off, then in 2 seconds it powers on automatically and boots to windows. Restarting the pc works fine.

I hope Asus will fix this in the next BIOS update.

wholeeo
04-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Same XMP problem here with z270G motherboard, i7-7700k, and 16GB corsair 3200mhz RAM

On bios 0801 I have a stable 4.9 GHz overclock with XMP memory setting

I am looking forward to trying out Optane, so I upgraded to BIOS 0906. With all BIOS settings the same as I had in 0801 including XMP enabled, processor speed is locked at 800MHz and won't boot into windows on most attempts. Even downclocking to stock CPU speeds but with XMP option, the processor is locked at 800MHz. I will look at the IO and SA settings and give that a try.

Even if you refuse to consider the 0906 BIOS "bugged" or "flawed", don't you think there should be instructions offered with the 0906 BIOS to "tune" the IO and SA voltages (if this is in fact the source of the problem) when using XMP and experiencing problems? This does not appear to be some extremely rare or isolated issue with this bios version, based on the number of folks that have chimed in on this thread. Not everyone with 0906 XMP issues will make it to this thread to find the remedy.

Same here on my Z270G. Bios is definitely bugged.

I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM
04-05-2017, 06:25 AM
Is it totally safe to downgrade?

Yes, works perfectly fine to "roll back" Make sure you remove the battery and leave for 5 mins. Press the power and reset button a few times to help discharge board. If you do not have to reset the bios time then you have not done a full reset. I always use a USB stick with the CAP file on it as the method to flash the bios. Things are very easy now as even the USB 3.1 port is active to read the bios file and the tool section in the bios page makes things very easy compared to my very first PC build. Flashed my own board back to 0801 bios, reset clock, reset the XMP profile, overclocked the processor and GPU in bios (the best way, forget using DIP5 software) and viola! Back to 4.95ghz and GPU running at 1350mhz. Easy peasy.

gehemnix
04-05-2017, 07:58 AM
I'd like to thank everybody for posting their experiences in this thread and would like to encourage everybody having similar issues regarding the CPU clock, XMP settings, VCCIO or SA-voltages to come forward and put your two cents in. Maybe this way Asus will acknoledge at least some agency, properly investigate the issue and consider it in future revisions.

DanielDPT
04-05-2017, 11:14 AM
I just got a anwser from Asus support about my M.2 x2 problem and slow post.
I just have to WAIT for a new update!

Damn im disapointet in the service!

Goamania
04-06-2017, 03:05 AM
Hi guys, i just updated BIOS to 0906 but i want to roll back to old verison starts with 08...
How can i downgrade bios? Is there a guide that i can follow?

mcleod52
04-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Hi guys, i just updated BIOS to 0906 but i want to roll back to old verison starts with 08...
How can i downgrade bios? Is there a guide that i can follow?

The steps are kind of presented above by IG Syme. Perhaps you're looking for something more of a cookbook type.

DanielDPT
04-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Just godt word back from Asus "support" i just have to wait for a new BIOS but the DEV department is very busy with Ryzen. The "support" does not get status from the R%D department. He also told me to pay more money if i wish to have a board that can be downgraded.

GREAT!
Im so angry that i wil consider Asus in the future.!

kcchua69
04-10-2017, 04:20 PM
I have a Z270 Tuf Mark2. I am also having booting issues with 0906. With XMP enabled for my 3200 memory, it won't post after I shut down. I have to turn the power switch off of the power supply off, wait a while, turn it on before my PC would boot. Need a fix on this or roll back the bios.

Chino
04-10-2017, 05:16 PM
If your system was stable with the previous revision, go back to it.

rogzist
04-10-2017, 06:04 PM
I have a Fan speed Error with z270g, whatever I do , couldnt pass loading. new bios doesnt solve it . I ignore CPU fan speed and overclock without XMP now System boots. Q fan and other settings doesnt work.

pepper_chico
04-11-2017, 12:39 AM
I've just update and it's all OK on MAXIMUS IX FORMULA.

Mickou06
04-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Hi all,
After updating the 0801 bios to the 0906 on my Z270F, I was unable to boot windows, I even had system freeze while into the bios. It appeared that XMP was causing system instability while it was perfectly working before. I had to select by hand the DDR4-3600MHz ram speed instead of the default DDR4-3733MHz that was perfectly stable before...:mad:

mikkojeejee
04-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Hi all,
After updating the 0801 bios to the 0906 on my Z270F, I was unable to boot windows, I even had system freeze while into the bios. It appeared that XMP was causing system instability while it was perfectly working before. I had to select by hand the DDR4-3600MHz ram speed instead of the default DDR4-3733MHz that was perfectly stable before...:mad:

My advice is to roll back to 0801 and wait for update. VCCIO voltage is too high on 0906 if ur using fast memory 3000mhz+

Sayjimwoo
05-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I have a MAXIMUS IX FORMULA and was about to update to 0906 from the last bios. Should I not bother?

Chino
05-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I have a MAXIMUS IX FORMULA and was about to update to 0906 from the last bios. Should I not bother?

If your system is stable with your current BIOS, then no.

Sayjimwoo
05-06-2017, 12:36 PM
If your system is stable with your current BIOS, then no.

Yeah it is perfectly fine. I will give this one a miss if it has issues, thanks for the advice.

mdzcpa
05-06-2017, 04:25 PM
I guess I am so used to manually tweaking my settings that I never noticed how different XMP values are from what is actually needed when running memory above 3000mhz with 0906. Chino and a few others are absolutely correct that no speeds above JEDEC specs are guaranteed and that it may indeed require manual tuning. XMP only refers to what works for the memory sticks, it never guarantees that the particular memory controller in your CPU will work well with those settings. Too much variation in the silicon. So for anyone that wants to run 0906 just tune your VCCIO.

That all said, I would agree with the group here that the Auto settings of 0906 under XMP are likely not well assigned. I'm not sure what CPUs and memory Asus was playing with that needed such high VCCIO, but of the few CPU and memory kits I have here on my bench, none of the combinations run with XMP. Hopefully Asus engineers tweak that back where it needs to be on the next BIOS to aid less experienced users. In the meantime, if you want to OC beyond JEDEC specs, I suggest users get familiar with some tweaking. It's a good idea to know your BIOS and what settings do what. Many times XMP and Auto values will run voltage beyond what's needed for stability. A system may run well under Auto and XMP settings but may also be over-volting your components. So an astute user should always go back and try to work their voltages down from stable Auto settings to save on needless heat production. Its a good lesson for less experienced users.

CODE MAXIMUS
05-07-2017, 06:14 PM
So I just updated to 0906 and everything is exactly the same for me, same boot times, same VCCIO and SA voltages with both non overclock memory and xmp profile. My Corsair sticks are still capable of running 3866MHz manually and cpu clocked to 5.1.

Maximis IX Code

Sayjimwoo
05-08-2017, 12:06 AM
So I just updated to 0906 and everything is exactly the same for me, same boot times, same VCCIO and SA voltages with both non overclock memory and xmp profile. My Corsair sticks are still capable of running 3866MHz manually and cpu clocked to 5.1.

Maximis IX Code

I don't bother OC'ing my ram either (Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz), I just use the xmp profile. I am wondering if I should just go ahead and update to 0906 if you aren't seeing any negative impact after using it.

CODE MAXIMUS
05-08-2017, 03:15 AM
I don't bother OC'ing my ram either (Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz), I just use the xmp profile. I am wondering if I should just go ahead and update to 0906 if you aren't seeing any negative impact after using it.

You do know if you run the XMP profile you are overclocking the memory, all DDR4 memory is 2133MHz. When running the XMP profile you are just having the motherboard read preprogrammed timings, memory frequency and voltages embedded into the memory. If there was an issue with the bios ASUS would have pulled it from being downloaded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bios and memory. I have both my VCCIO, System Agent and DMI voltage all set to 1.3000v along with DRAM voltage at 1.510V and everything is ok. BIOS's are only created to correct things and make things better. These are ethusiast boards (ROG / TUF) they are designed for OCing, same with the memory. I for one are appreciative of the OC profiles ASUS implements into the BIOS's, you don't see that much with other brands and they work as intended and not work in a negative way.

Sina1987
05-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Yup I dont get IOmap blue screen anymore. it is either this new Bios or it is because i reduced my overclock on cache memory. lost a little bit of speed but at least it is stable.

xherics
05-09-2017, 06:53 AM
You do know if you run the XMP profile you are overclocking the memory, all DDR4 memory is 2133MHz. When running the XMP profile you are just having the motherboard read preprogrammed timings, memory frequency and voltages embedded into the memory. If there was an issue with the bios ASUS would have pulled it from being downloaded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bios and memory. I have both my VCCIO, System Agent and DMI voltage all set to 1.3000v along with DRAM voltage at 1.510V and everything is ok. BIOS's are only created to correct things and make things better. These are ethusiast boards (ROG / TUF) they are designed for OCing, same with the memory. I for one are appreciative of the OC profiles ASUS implements into the BIOS's, you don't see that much with other brands and they work as intended and not work in a negative way.

Just to have clear details: DDR4 memories are with base 2133Mhz and 2400Mhz and with the 7th generation of Intel CPUs, the native base frequency 2400Mhz is supported... Just the problem is, that Asus does not support base 2400Mhz memories, just 2133Mhz.

I tested more DDR4 memory packs with base 2400Mhz on my Asus Maximus IX Code, I tested them with 2 pieces of 7700K CPU and they just did not work. The MB did not get into the BIOS with them, so any tweak is possible with them.

wholeeo
05-09-2017, 01:26 PM

On the Z270G if SA and IO are left to auto you're stuck with 800mhz core clock speeds.

Prime-Omega
05-10-2017, 11:02 AM
I'm also running into the above issues with a Strix Z270G, 16GB Corsair vengeance 3000Mhz and an i7 7700k which is now permanently locked at 800mhz. How did this even pass quality control? When can we expect a fix for this?

Also for some reason, I am not able to downgrade my BIOS. It keeps complaining the CAP file is not valid. I even tried renaming the file to Z270SE.CAP as I saw was suggested somewhere on a forum, but that didn't work either. Anyone any suggestions?

On the Z270G if SA and IO are left to auto you're stuck with 800mhz core clock speeds.

You are a lifesaver by the way, I just wish I found your post 3 hours earlier. :mad::mad::mad:

sdmf74
05-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Is anyone else having issues with bios 0906 completely locking up when you try to load a saved oc profile?

Teiji
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Is anyone else having issues with bios 0906 completely locking up when you try to load a saved oc profile?

No issue here with saving/loading profile on my Z270E with 0906 BIOS.

Prime-Omega
05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
After some trial and error, I was able to downgrade back to version 0801. No more locked 800mhz issues with XMP enabled.

I recommend everyone to stay away from 0906 as it was buggy as hell for me.

sdmf74
05-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Is adjustment of DMI voltage necessary or helpful I should say? If so what does it do?

mcleod52
05-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Finally noticed the dreaded CPUs locked at 800 MHz on my iX Hero. It occurred after the PC went into sleep mode. A shutdown and power down of the PSU and then power up and reboot seems to have returned everything to 4500.

I may contemplated going back to 801 ...

r1fast
05-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Finally noticed the dreaded CPUs locked at 800 MHz on my iX Hero. It occurred after the PC went into sleep mode. A shutdown and power down of the PSU and then power up and reboot seems to have returned everything to 4500.

I may contemplated going back to 801 ...

Strange, I just happened across this thread doing a search for a beta bios newer than 0906. Surprised so many people are still having issues with it. I've been running it since I got my Formula and havn't had a single problem. I'm going to leave it as-is unless I notice weird behavior but it's been 2+ weeks without a hiccup.

Scootermagoo
05-14-2017, 12:25 PM
I have a IX Hero a 7700k @ 5.1 and Gskill 3200 14/14/14/34 2x8 sticks and a 1070 sc and I find using xmp I see 1.41-1.42v and overheating issues using xmp, I stuck it back on auto as per a youtube vid on overclocking Kaby lakes and the voltage went to 1.35-1.37 stable and 20c reduction in temps. This is on 0906 I started at 5.2ghz on the original bios 0504 or something it shipped with and 0701 and was fine but the 2 latest versions seem to over volt the cpu and cause heat issues. Might try backing off the xmp profiles(which set my bclk to 103 and the ram to 15/15/15/36) I reset the bclk to 100 and most of the overheating stuff went away( I am using a corsair h110i v2 240mm aio). Just my thought on the whole damned thing.

brexit
05-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Just spent an hour trying to figure out why my Z270 TUF Mk2 wouldn't wake from sleep. I didn't notice the problem immediately when upgrading the BIOS a few weeks ago. Ended up swapping power supply & gpu before find this thread and downgrading to 0801. Thanks ASUS, can I have my hour back.

Teiji
05-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Bugs I've found so far with Z270E 0906:
-Enabling ERP will cause the system to unable to POST when restarting PC (sometimes when trying to enter BIOS again but stuck on black screen and have to hold the power button to force shutdown)
-RGB LED option in BIOS for turning OFF during S4/S5 doesn't work 99% of the time. Lights will always be on during S4/S5. But when ERP is enable and RGB S4/S5 is set to OFF, lights will be on during S4 but will be OFF during S5 (so half work).

PC spec:
Asus Z270E 0906 BIOS
Intel i7-7700K (OC 4.8)
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (XMP 3000Mhz)
Corsair HX1000i 1000W
Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Creator Update)

sdmf74
05-17-2017, 12:35 AM
For those of you having the issue with cpu locked at 800mhz go into your windows advanced power setttings and under processor power management
set maximum processor frequency to 0mhz or you can set it to 1000mhz over what your maximum overclock is set to. I.E. you are overclocked to 5000mhz then you would set it to
5100mhz.

mcleod52
05-17-2017, 05:45 PM
For those of you having the issue with cpu locked at 800mhz go into your windows advanced power setttings and under processor power management
set maximum processor frequency to 0mhz or you can set it to 1000mhz over what your maximum overclock is set to. I.E. you are overclocked to 5000mhz then you would set it to
5100mhz.

Have to give this a try tonight.

jvernikos
05-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Can Asus please fix the BIOS. I mean come on this is not a serious quality product when in order to turn on my PC I need to:
1. Turn on the powersupply first (needs to be turned off)
2. Turn on case power button
3. Press case restart button
4. Then it boots into windows

I mean seriously.

Furthermore you need to provide a more detailed explanation around the XMP settings in the BIOS in the manual. So many people from what I can see in these forums are RMAing their mobo's cause they think something is broke and don't know it is the Ram and Kabylake. It is costing you guys money!

vicster
05-18-2017, 10:20 AM
Issues with this as many others

I',m running stable at 3000mhz with 09 bios now, manual voltages currently at

Dram Voltage: 1.350
CPU VCCIO: 1.170
CPU System Agent: 1.170

CPU OC:

CPU Ratio: x49
CPU Cache Ratio: X42

CPU Core Voltage: adaptive
CPU OC Voltage: 1.280
Processor Core ICCmax: 255,500a
Cache Max: = 255,500a

LLC: 4

Currently running stable at 3000 MeM 15-17-17-35 2T (XMP Disabled)

Stealth1967
05-18-2017, 10:28 AM
you are not alone
It Rocks!!!*
me too in the "Code club" mates !!

SpoonerUK
05-18-2017, 01:32 PM
I thought I'd chime in on my Asus Strix Z270G board.

With this BIOS update;

1) Motherboard will never power off after a windows shutdown. All the components seem to power off, but the LED on the case never goes out, and the Corsair Hydro never spins down. I have to hold the power button in for >5 seconds for the board to power off.

2) The reset button doesn't work. Bonkers that one.

3) All drive performance is through the floor. *M.2 MSATA in in slot 1_1, normal spinny Seagate Barracuda in the SATA 6G_2 port, Bluray writer in _3. Read/write speeds are terrible.

4) Enabling Intel RST through the BIOS is another nightmare, BSOD, drivers wont install, and getting up to 2480ms response time on the spinny drive.

I've rolled back to version 0801 BIOS, and it seems OK.*

OlMightyG
05-19-2017, 12:25 AM
When can we expect a BIOS update with all the mentioned problems fixed? I wont try an update as long as so many people tell about problems.
My main reason for updating the BIOS would be the poor boot times (NVIDIA recently tuned the drivers so the boot times on systems with large amounts of RAM and M.2 PCIE drives boot faster - dont ask me how this is linked together with the graphics card, but my computer needed nearly one minute to boot and after contacting the support and after their latest update it is better now).
Post times are quite long and M.2 performance might get better...

mikkojeejee
05-19-2017, 04:41 PM
When can we expect a BIOS update with all the mentioned problems fixed? I wont try an update as long as so many people tell about problems.
My main reason for updating the BIOS would be the poor boot times (NVIDIA recently tuned the drivers so the boot times on systems with large amounts of RAM and M.2 PCIE drives boot faster - dont ask me how this is linked together with the graphics card, but my computer needed nearly one minute to boot and after contacting the support and after their latest update it is better now).
Post times are quite long and M.2 performance might get better...

Probably not anytime soon I quess. Well.. This was my last asus board for sure. So sloppy work.. V Gene was so good... :rolleyes:

sdmf74
05-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Funny how the whole ROG IX series line runs off pretty much the same set of drivers & bios but they cant find time to update them

no1yak
05-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Just to add my two cents worth, I've had no problems at all with this Bios version. I don't usually up date the Bios unless it has some advantages like performance or stability improvements. Not interested in Optane or the need to be able to run MemTest with all cores or what ever else was in this update. So I thought I'd try 0906 just to see if my board (Hero IX) would act up. Boot times are as 0801, XMP works as it should, even managed to drop the VCCIO to 1.168V along with VCCSA at the same voltage. Fixed CPU at 1.136 and run the CPU at 45. Memory running at 3200 at 1.344v. all four slots occupier total 32GB.

It's rock solid and I've given it some stick with AIDA64, RealBench and Prime 95. Whilst this is no consolation for those that are having problems I guess I have been lucky with my set up, being that this is my first ROG board, my previous board was a Z170-WS.

Don't give up hope, Asus will sort this eventually (fingers crossed).

Dtfkev
05-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Having same issues as most of people in this thread.

It's been driving me absolutely ape bonkers.

I've exchanged every component in my build at least twice trying to troubleshoot the start up issue.

If I shut the computer down, or it goes to sleep after an hour of idle it's almost dame near impossible to get back on.

Should I revert back to old bios version?

Everything in my bios is set to auto with the exception of fan speeds, ram settings, system agent and vicco set to 1.2

Mr.Vaughan
05-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Hey guys,

Strix Z270G
GSkill 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 Trident Z 3733MHz ( Memory transplanted from previous build MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170, worked perfect on that one)
I7 7700K

I am having these issues too, the 800mhz issue when using XMP, with either the latest bios or 1 version back doesn't change for me. I found it to be hit and miss in terms of with XMP on, some boots I will get full speed and some I wont, some times get the shut down issue where it doesn't actually power off and some times works good.

with XMP off every thing works perfect every time, I can even get the CPU to 4.8Ghz on stock voltage ^_^ so cant be a bad CPU ?

Worst thing is I only just sold my old board VIII GENE (Z170) as I wanted a extra M.2 slot and was doing a new custom loop build and liked the neutral colours, wish I never changed now, :(

I have also opened a support request, see if I can get any feed back.

Even if I manually program in my spec settings not using XMP after factory rest the issue appears, something about setting a high speed memory ? Keen to follow this thread for every one else's feedback and input, some thing is not right !!!

tienchien
05-22-2017, 11:32 AM
I have problems
-Cpu temperature is too high and I do not know how to fix it!
-I can not boot the repair usb-antivirus boot usb.
-and now I'm back to the first bios with the default settings, the problem is still not resolved.

mcleod52
05-23-2017, 04:41 AM
What sort of cooling are you using? AIO?

Mr.Vaughan
05-23-2017, 07:38 AM
I went back to 0701 the first release ? and XMP works fine every time, no 800mhz.

wonder what they stuffed up in the bios versions after. I wouldn't have updated if it weren't for the AI Suite tools telling me to do it, good bye ezi-update.

Post flash, happy days again.

ficel666
05-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Hello I have the same problems as many people I START the pc it locked on the 55 or CC on QLED, CC error is not in the manual

chicco
06-04-2017, 02:41 PM
This BIOS is bugged since 2017/03/24 and ASUS ignore the fact.
PLEASE fix quickly

Dtfkev
06-05-2017, 03:06 AM
PLEASE fix quickly

They've probably abandoned this platform already lol

Taques
06-05-2017, 04:30 PM
PLEASE fix quickly

Yep, pretty much unbeliveable. You would hope that they had at least acknowledged the problem by now.
I mean, this update is still probably being installed by costumers, since it is still being pushed at that EZ Update software. That's plain ridiculous.
My first Asus desktop piece. Probably the last.

chicco
06-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Yep, pretty much unbeliveable. You would hope that they had at least acknowledged the problem by now.
I mean, this update is still probably being installed by costumers, since it is still being pushed at that EZ Update software. That's plain ridiculous.
My first Asus desktop piece. Probably the last.

Yeah you say right... next time I think will buy MSI or Gigabyte.
Happy new life with them

sdmf74
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Yeah the Bios, AISUITEIII, Ramcache II, Ramdisk and Aura!!!

Just off the top of my head. All of these softwares are either in need of updating or are damaging/causing hardware issues to other devices and not one word from Asus!

Nate152
06-06-2017, 04:50 PM
I updated to 0906 yesterday and so far I have no issues.

Taques
06-06-2017, 09:22 PM

Well, aren't you lucky ?

CODE MAXIMUS
06-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Same here on the Maximus IX Code, no issues here. My 7600K still stable at 5.1GHz, memory still stable at 3866MHz, all temps in line. I do get code 55 on cold boots and reboots but only if I push my memory past 3866 which is still the same verse previous bios. AURA works as intended, I don't see any issues with the bios.

Chino
06-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Can confirm that 0906 works very well for the Maximus IX Formula as well. :)

sdmf74
06-08-2017, 08:48 AM

Are you able to save oc profiles to memory stick using either F2 or ctrl+F2 or whatever it is?
Bios has freezing issues, mislabeled functions & many issues named in this thread

Just to name a few issues (and this is a fresh UEFI windows 10 pro install no clone drive etc.)
Ram Cache II - (stops randomly with "Incorrect Function" error - had to uninstall.

AISUITEIII - Doesnt recognize my Aquacomputer D5 PWM pump on the Water pump+ header just runs @ 100% (and this is the header designed for PWM pumps!) Many people all with different brand PWM pumps reporting same thing. I would be curious if ANYONE has a pwm pump working on this header.
Spent weeks troubleshooting, had to give up.

Aura - yeah this one is ridiculous! Aura is corrupting G skill RGB Trident Z dimms to where the SPD info gets corrupted and the LED's all go completely dark. Most dont come back with G skills recommendations so for those of you that are like "my RGB memory is working fine" I suggest you prepare to purchase Taiphoon Burner so you can reflash the SPD on all your dimms when it happens or prepare for RMA cause its only a matter of time. Dont believe me do a google search!
At least G Skill has their RGB software in Beta where as Asus doesnt and G Skill just released a new version (not sure if it 100% resolves the dimm corruption issue) but at least they are trying. Note: I have never installed G skills software, only Aura and it corrupted my modules after the first 7-10 days of using it. Thankfully It was within first 30 day exchange period ( I was unaware of Taiphoon burner at that time).

Audio Issues such as bad echo and wierd almost lazer like sounds- may be resolved though but hard to tell cause its intermittant, more game time required and tests.

Cant get any response from Asus in the forums it seems about any issues on Z270 and the driver updates are very sparse, Pretty sad considering nearly the whole line of ROG boards run off the same software and bios and this is a motherboard refresh, shouldnt most issues be worked out from Z170 anyway?

BTW - I did try openeing a ticket with Asus support and the response I got was laughable and frustrating. The "Technician" trying to help me out was probably searching toms hardware for my answers to the AISUITEIII issue cause he wanted me to test things that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue. It was like he didint care and/or know what he was doing.

Taques
06-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Mine is a "Strix Z270H".
After the update, my computer was unable to come back from sleep/hibernate state. Every time it went to sleep, it was like the computed died.
Even the power button woudn't work. After turning it off/on, the light went on, but there was no POST, no fan activity.
The only way to get it back working again was to unplug it for a couple of minutes. Some scary ****, as my set was a month old, and it was running smooth).
But what scared me the most was that it also happened when I turned the computer off normally (through Windows), and not only after auto-sleep. I coudn't turn the PC on afterwards without unplugging the system for a couple of minutes. Again, just the green light, but no beeps.

Turning XMP off solved the issue for me (thanks to this thread). It was the only non-default setting in the bios.

Now I just can't use it anymore, as I'm too lazy to flash the older bios version :p

sdmf74
06-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Those are strange issues, especially for just setting the XMP. Something doesnt sound right

KuraiShidosha
06-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Been on 0906 since the day it launched on my Maximus IX Hero, couldn't be happier. Everything works as expected. I really don't understand how people can have so many issues.

Syberon
06-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Two weeks ago i bought a strix z270h mobo and update BIOS to 0906. At build time i have memory with standart 2133mhz frequency and have no problems with it. Two days ago i get a Corasir Vengeance LPX 3000mhz memory kit, and after i installed it in motherboard i have the same problem as other pepoples in this thread - my PC don't wake up from sleep mode then i use XMP profile. I resolve this proble by downgrade to previous version of bios. It's a real global problem with z270 rog motherboards.

chicco
06-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Two weeks ago i bought a strix z270h mobo and update BIOS to 0906. At build time i have memory with standart 2133mhz frequency and have no problems with it. Two days ago i get a Corasir Vengeance LPX 3000mhz memory kit, and after i installed it in motherboard i have the same problem as other pepoples in this thread - my PC don't wake up from sleep mode then i use XMP profile. I resolve this proble by downgrade to previous version of bios. It's a real global problem with z270 rog motherboards.

Yes ... and ASUS whistle with serenity ...

fayne
06-15-2017, 12:31 AM
The lack of response is somewhat annoying. Especially given the cost of the boards that are experiencing problems.

I for one would love for my overpriced motherboard to decide it wants to boot up reliably every time.

Currently this whole 1 out of 10 boots is a hang thing is... very no bueno.

Also the whole water cooling focused options in the BIOS are utter garbage. Where is the ability to set the fans based on the cooling loop? Why give me the ability to monitor the in and out temp of the loop at the CPU block if you're not going to allow me to use it in any meaningful way other than "wheee. look at the numbers. I has numbers. yay. numbers change."? One has to run an extra thermal probe to do that, even though there are a pair built into the monoblock.

I shoulda returned the board as soon as the bios problems cropped up. But lazy is as lazy does, and damn those pretty lights and Bitspower block for making me stick it out.

Raad11
06-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Same here on the Maximus IX Code, no issues here. My 7600K still stable at 5.1GHz, memory still stable at 3866MHz, all temps in line. I do get code 55 on cold boots and reboots but only if I push my memory past 3866 which is still the same verse previous bios. AURA works as intended, I don't see any issues with the bios.

That's interesting, I posted a while back about getting 55 errors when first setting up my system (Maximus IX Hero), but they didn't come back after that time.

Since I was having crashes in games, I decided to flash the BIOS to 0906 and it takes longer to boot sometimes (multiple boots maybe?). The main thing is, I ran Memtest and my memory (G.Skill F4-3600C15-8GTZ ) gave errors. When I turn off XMP, the memory gives no errors. I'm not sure if the motherboard or the RAM is the problem. I've opened RMAs for both at Newegg... I don't suppose there are BIOS settings I could try to make this memory actually run at its advertised XMP speed normally?

eknels
06-15-2017, 10:51 AM
I am also one of those with unfortunate 0906 issues.
I use a Strix Z270G mATX.
Only problems i noticed happens with XMP enabled.
After enabling XMP my computer will not shut down properly from windows, the screen goes off but the fans keep spinning until i hold the power button.

Also with XMP the processor will max out at only 800mhz and also the GPU gets cut down.
However after i OC'd my DDR4'S manually to 3000 by altering the VCCIO etc, everything works smooth. I recommend manual tuning for everyone having issues with XMP profiles.

Raad11
06-15-2017, 11:58 AM
I am also one of those with unfortunate 0906 issues.
I use a Strix Z270G mATX.
Only problems i noticed happens with XMP enabled.
After enabling XMP my computer will not shut down properly from windows, the screen goes off but the fans keep spinning until i hold the power button.

Also with XMP the processor will max out at only 800mhz and also the GPU gets cut down.
However after i OC'd my DDR4'S manually to 3000 by altering the VCCIO etc, everything works smooth. I recommend manual tuning for everyone having issues with XMP profiles.
What settings did you change to manually OC your memory? And what values did you use? (e.g, what DIMM voltage, what VCCIO/VCCSA/etc)

eknels
06-15-2017, 01:51 PM
What settings did you change to manually OC your memory? And what values did you use? (e.g, what DIMM voltage, what VCCIO/VCCSA/etc)

I think the problem is in the XMP, turning the voltages way too high.
In the BIOS AI Tweaker i just set the Ai Overclock tuner to Manual,
I changed the DRAM Frequency manually from the drop down menu to 3000mhz (Because I have only up to 3000mhz Corsair Venegance DDR4's)
DRAM Voltage to 1.35
CPU VCCIO Voltage to 1.15
CPU System Agent Voltage to 1.15
Core and Standby i left on AUTO.
Did not change anything else, or just left it as AUTO.
After this I got the memories working at 3000mhz and stable.
Of course this works differently on different setups, but this is how i got my memories working full speed without problems. :cool:

Raad11
06-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks! I turned off XMP and set memory to 'DDR4-3600' in the frequency menu, voltage to 1.365 (so it would be 1.36 stable, otherwise it drops to 1.34 for some reason), and Memory Tweak to Mode 2 (which it was already at, it puts VCCSA/VCCIO at 1.2 and 1.27, forget which is which) and got no errors in Memtest.

One thing I noticed is that the 256k L2 Cache speed in Memtest dropped from 115 GB/s to 95 GB/s. RAM speed dropped from 29.5 GB/s to 28.5 GB/s.

What other settings was XMP overclocking to cause that difference?

Btw, without XMP, which setting is equivalent to 'all core enhancement' so I can manually enable that?

Raad11
06-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Thanks! I turned off XMP and set memory to 'DDR4-3600' in the frequency menu, voltage to 1.365 (so it would be 1.36 stable, otherwise it drops to 1.34 for some reason), and Memory Tweak to Mode 2 (which it was already at, it puts VCCSA/VCCIO at 1.2 and 1.27, forget which is which) and got no errors in Memtest.

One thing I noticed is that the 256k L2 Cache speed in Memtest dropped from 115 GB/s to 95 GB/s. RAM speed dropped from 29.5 GB/s to 28.5 GB/s.

What other settings was XMP overclocking to cause that difference?

Btw, without XMP, which setting is equivalent to 'all core enhancement' so I can manually enable that?

Updates on my situation in this thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93973-Getting-errors-in-Memtest-with-RAM-at-XMP-(IX-Hero)

There seem to be varying timings coming from the data on the modules themselves via the Asus SPD tool and what it picks up when you actually run it in XMP mode. And there are other people online coming up with different timings for the same memory as well. Here's a spreadsheet showing a comparison of what I've found so far (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdZpzS2M-PCpdDR3MSKfdb5ei0nqepf3paFtuuq2XAo/). And while it tends to be more stable in non-XMP configurations, I can get XMP somewhat stable by upping the voltage to 1.45v.

So... is my hardware bad or is the BIOS doing crazy things with the timings? For what it's worth, it completed the 2.5 hour Memtest run in DDR4-2133 mode and DDR4-3600 17-17-17 mode without any errors.

Is Memtest a good way to test all this? It will pull errors if something's wrong, I assume? It seems to have done that so far. I just don't want any false negatives.

Raad11
06-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Are there any Windows programs which will display DRAM voltage?

Raad11
06-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Anyone having inexplicable problems with the XMP settings, try upping your DRAM voltage to 1.45 and see if it's stable. (it won't harm your computer to run it like that for a little while just to see if it works... long term, maybe someone can let us know if that's dangerous)

My ram @ 1.45v hits 48 C while gaming (used to be 42-44 C at 1.35v).

Chino
06-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Anyone having inexplicable problems with the XMP settings, try upping your DRAM voltage to 1.45 and see if it's stable. (it won't harm your computer to run it like that for a little while just to see if it works... long term, maybe someone can let us know if that's dangerous)

My ram @ 1.45v hits 48 C while gaming (used to be 42-44 C at 1.35v).

If a memory kit is certified to run at x voltage, then it will work perfectly at x voltage.

Speeskeek
06-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Hello

I’ve upgraded my Z270G Gaming yesterday with BIOS 906, but oh boy oh boy … this upgrade was really slowing my PC down !
My new config was blazing fast, but after the bios upgrade my pc was taking forever on the most simple things.
Downgraded back to 801, all things normal again.

MrAgapiGC
06-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Are there any Windows programs which will display DRAM voltage?

Yes. you can use HWinfo64 and SIV64X (these is more complex program is very detail and take time to get use to it) but reads every single senson on the board) Be noted that use these last one to read. I always use 3 programs just to be calm on some times. I find out that HWinfo64 is the best for the ASUS motherboard. Aida64 also can ready ram voltages but you have to activate the reading tap on voltages in the tap to read the volts on the ram! Use HWinfo64.

scgt1
07-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Could these 0906 bios issues (I haven't read through this thread) cause cpu temp fluctuations? I was on a MSI B150M Mortar Arctic w/ 6600K idle windows w/ firefox and MCC playing a video temps were 28-31C . Since upgrading to the Z270G my cpu temp is all over the place (and yes I have wasted time pulling the H100i GTX and reapplied TIM) 28-54C. Currently while watching temps for the past 3 minutes with just standard things running in the background and this FF browser open I'm bouncing around at 29-34C. Open a video with MCC and the temp bumps up to 44C for a second or two then back down to 31-38C while playing the video.

To me it seems it's getting much higher then with the B150M and sure if fluctuating around alot more. There is no overclock on the system and my cooling config is exactly the same from the B150M. As mentioned sometimes it gets into the 50C+ range while just watching a video and browsing the internet (4-5 tabs open)

MrAgapiGC
07-08-2017, 10:12 PM
I am trying just now since I am making a clean install on a new pny nmve drive I will feedback in 2h

MrAgapiGC
07-09-2017, 03:26 AM
I just finish installing all windows updates, asus apps minus ai suit i will finish tomorrow making a basic oc to test. so far computer is ok no issues. In the power plan performance my 6700k on z270 heroix is readding 1.344v and 4220mhz. i assume is ok. Tomorrow i will try oc.

ficel666
07-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Hello I come back, again the same problem impossible to use 2 RAM (2*8go ddr4 3000), I tried all the settings given on the forum, its walking 3 or 4 days and after the problem comes back, Qled 55 , CC, with 1 ram no problem, please asus fix the probleme please new bios

MrAgapiGC
07-11-2017, 12:09 PM
I continue my journey and with some teaching from a ROG users and I double check all data. i can report that i can not find any issues on 0906. these morning, i make a jump from 45 to 46 with 1.280v on vcore. I did use all latest asus drivers. including audio aura (asus need to polish that better) Aida64 was ok (1h run), is raining here so temps are 26C at 75% humidity. cinebench was ok to CBCPUX=1013.402245 i did see some pause on second run. (still checking that) My rams are on XMP 3200. I will jump to 47 next week since i know that these small jumps need more vcore. untill i see that these current settings is ok and stable i will continue. I did see some jumps of temps also. i do use a very good AIO from Aphacool. the jump are normal. I will delit the chip just to tripple check these. I will look playing a video using WINDOWS apps only! and report back

MrAgapiGC
07-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Today just now, the computer did not want to turn off. After a hard reset and go event viewer I fun error that I did not see before error on raid (I do not have that) and other here and there issues. I will compile some tomorrow and posted here. Aside of that I did not experience issues with temps or voltage drops. As far I read, and a little digging, could be communication with Windows and the board maybe chipset etc. I will post these tomorrow for opinions. Maybe can revise a look of those 2 program. Btw I did not install aisuite

Syberon
07-14-2017, 02:59 AM
Yesterday i updated BIOS of my Strix Z270H to last version 1004, posted in thread related to HT problem. This new version doesn't resovled the problem with XMP - my PC is still can not wake up from sleep. To get them work properly i still need to manual setup System Agent and VCCIO voltages.

AndyBlak
07-14-2017, 04:13 AM
I am so sorry, I have been searching the forums everywhere. Is there an update available for the Prime Z270-A? Thanks in advance

Dude1070
07-14-2017, 01:40 PM
After the ROG series is validated, BIOS updates will trickle down to other Z270 boards.

Syrinks
07-17-2017, 03:47 AM
Hello,

Is there anyone who has ever tried to put a firmware rog on an asus prime z270-a?

Because I would like to access the extreme twerk menu to be able to modify the cpu pll oc to have less temperature on my cpu.

enzo81
07-21-2017, 06:58 AM
There is a problem with last bios and XMP that is for sure. My big thanks goes to who ever figure it out first ! System Agent Voltage and VCCIO 1.15 glich :mad:

It works and no problem what so ever!

Definitely waiting for new BIOS, but for now this will do! :cool::cool:

chicco
07-31-2017, 05:35 PM
****ING HELL !... We waiting a solution since MARCH.
Asus what are you doing ???????????????????????????????????
We are in AUGUST !

Lotzi
07-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Bios 1009 is comming in a few Days

chicco
08-02-2017, 06:00 PM

Few days ?
no no ... this time ASUS show no attention to his customers.
This is what I think ... STOP ... NO EXCUSE

mutaz1912mkk
08-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Manufacturers such as ASUS, MSI and GIGABYTE are busy with the new X299 M.B. and New Motherboards Z370 for Intel Coffee Lake CPUs
http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-core-i7-8700k-core-i5-8600k-6-core-cpu-leak/

Go To The Hell Intel ((new CPUs Bugs))

The Z270 is now forgotten.... We as users should object to our lack of interest

ficel666
08-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Hello friends, someone can sacrifice in the tried, and post a return

MrAgapiGC
08-05-2017, 09:31 AM

for the Maximus hero ix is out. for the first time I am afraid of the update. any idea what changes on the beta 1004?

MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 1009
Improved device compatibility.
Update SKL/KBL CPU microcode.
Improve system performance and stability.
Improve system boot time.
Fixed Logitech device issue.
Fixed Hot-key function.

no1yak
08-05-2017, 11:29 AM
No problems here with 1009 on a Hero IX. Downloaded form Asus China.