PDA

View Full Version : The ROG G -Best LapTop on the Planet. No? Why?

chrsplmr
01-10-2012, 04:12 PM
The G Series Laptops are the top elite gaming laptops in the world, bar none.
They are ROG, we demand that they be.

I read most every new post that comes on this forum.
The finest piece of hardware on the planet
wimpers with less than of it's 'in class' keyboard/pad/button
quality..and a minor few other annoyances..
..with all due respect Asus...please remedy this
or strip the ROG branding from her and put it on the
pile with the rest.

This forum is flooded with this daily...I am the last to
offer anything negative..This is why I speak out now.

This damages the brand, causing hesitation in sales
slowing research........and considering the other
AsusTech at your discretion...there is no reason for it.

Time to take a real hard look @ your supply/vendors.
Turn SuX to XS.... who names these things?...hahahahaha

Offered with all Due Respect
And in all fairness I know the sold/happy user units
far exceed those spoke of here/ but here are the true enthusiasts.
Chris Palmer Sr.

JRd1st
01-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I surmise that you have become the "proud" owner of a ROG notebook and have "seen the light" . . .

chrsplmr
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
No Sir...It is on the list. My wife and kids have a longer list, but I am
sure I will get to my list one day...i remain greatful to be allowed my V.

BUT...I read. I see your and BrodyBoy and others banging out the same
answers...cheerfully i might add...time and time again...and it has to stop.

It is jumping over $100 dollar bills to get to 35 cents...Now the next guy
'aint' drop'n the next Hundred... and it is wasting the brand image...over what?

Lets not get it twisted....I would buy no other...what would be the point.

But when you pick up a G74 in your hands you know you got something special..
the fire it breaths when you hit the power [yes i have touch'd..mmmmm]]
but.....well...it is obvious...
somebody cheated the parts bin....
this should be as the rest of it...WorldClass...
or get the ROG Off......

Im stash'n a few pennies at a time...when i finally stroke my ROG...I need her to G.

[[To tell the absolute truth--Ill never give up a ROGdeskTop....the ZenBook excites me..
When they get to ROG ZenBook...I want this issue 2 b history...18.5"yikes!!!!..I want it.]]

Asus ROG -- The Best -- or it's NOT ROG....make it so.c.

JRd1st
01-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Asus isn't as deaf, dumb, and blind as they seem to be and they will fix the next generation of RoG notebooks, but that doesn't help us, who trusted Asus to sell us something great. The keyboards and touchpads are so badly constructed and/or implemented that Asus should replace them in ALL of the effected models, but I don't see that happening anytime soon because Asus notebooks become orphans as soon as they are purchased, when it comes to any kind of meaningful support.

I only lurk here, now, because I'm got tired of telling users the same thing over and over with no hope of anything better on the horizon.

chrsplmr
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Thats what has to come to an end... and what i am trying to say.

This would be the best money Asus could spend to lock in
the top gamer book spot....
the proof would be in the sales of the next 2-3500 dollars masterpiece.

its a grand grand piano -- it should have worthy keys....
would you put a paper clip trigger on a thermal nukeWeapon?
[[not U Dc...hahaha....i know u would, if it needed it..haha]]

Boosted_R
01-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Hopefully Asus isn't as deaf, dumb, and blind as they seem to be and they will fix the next generation of RoG notebooks, but that doesn't help us, who trusted Asus to sell us something great. The keyboards and touchpads are so badly constructed and/or implemented that Asus should replace them in ALL of the effected models, but I don't see that happening anytime soon because Asus notebooks become orphans as soon as they are purchased, when it comes to any kind of meaningful support.

I only lurk here, now, because I'm got tired of telling users the same thing over and over with no hope of anything better on the horizon.

Surprised you comment is still there....... made a comment about ASUS seems to have given up support on the G74, and it got removed lol

To the OP.... its a really good laptop, I think they should give us new touch pads for those that have to ability to install it themselves (meeting ASUS in the middle)..... don't know what the big deal is with the keyboard, works great maybe i got lucky......best feature by far is the top inlet for the fans, and amazing cooling

It can be a better laptop if the G74 had ANY SUPPORT from ASUS........ We're not asking for a lot just BETTER BIOS, BETTER TOUCHPAD...... In the automotive aftermarket performance industry, companies would have made good already...different standards in the computer world i guess :S

ASUS G74 owner since August 2011......waiting for support that... may never come ?

fostert
01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Mine too...my G74 is solid with no keyboard issues save for its complete lockup when the touchpad is disabled in BIOS...
WIFI has been exceptional. Screen is phenomenal. Touchpad way too sensitive, but does what it is supposed to do and I have gotten used to it. Sound is OK, but I would have expected more out of a top-line gaming notebook. Battery life sux, but in its weight class it was obviously not designed to be away from the wall and on the lap anyways. BIOS is, well, my telephone has more programmable options....

Gotta say I like it. But the stories here scare me honestly: as I ramp up to using the thing more and more for my daily work, I am really afraid it is going to show a hidden fragility that we are maybe seeing here in these forums. And then it really sounds as if one is screwed, since the support will be minimal and mediocre.

Thats the worst part of my G74 experience so far...waiting for a breakdown and then knowing what to expect, which is next to nothing.

chrsplmr
01-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Thats what i am saying..it, they..the series..the company..best on the planet..bar none.
seems minor for what is at stake...

and with all due respect..if you place a comment and it was removed it was
not because it was negative..i can point to closed threads for hard core
non sense flapping []]---
it probably got buried in the forum with no replies..and the sheer volume of
posts..
if you go to your profile..and search all your post..you should find it..
....RePost it..and lets get it resolved...answer it yourself..bump it back up top.
..moving forward...

ive seen every issue of all kinds get resolved....almost...bringing us full circle.
...touchpad/keyboard...its embarrAssing..really....
.....thinkWorldClass...or GlobalClass if you prefer.

How big of a $$$ hit would this be...and would the owners be interested in
a ROG @cost upgrade...even though...blah blah fair blah...
to move forward to G94's or whatnot....????? hmmm???

BoostedR....RePost.....if...laStuff happens or bump..u got our interest now..
dont leave us hang'n....coldROG'n.

[B]DONT LET "STORIES' SCARE YOU--Let me set it straight...LIMPING..
G's are still the best available..it just is..
it has a black eye...but it will kick the stuff'n out of anything else..it just does.

***EDIT***
in example...i just clicked..."new posts" GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGnoOffenseGGGGGG

xeromist
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Surprised you comment is still there....... made a comment about ASUS seems to have given up support on the G74, and it got removed lol

Wasn't me. If I delete something other than spam or an oopsie I will send a PM with an explanation. JR has made lots of negative comments and they all stuck AFAIK so perhaps it was the context of the comment? Obviously it's not true and you wrote it to express frustration but if a new user could mistake it for truth one of the mods might have deleted it for that reason. *shrug*

Cyberdactyl
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I went through many, many months of dealing with the touchpad and keystroke issue. It is now 95% fixed. But even when I thought there was no hope of a non-RMA fix, I STILL saw my G73JH as something special, and have never regretted departing with the $1,500 it cost me 16 months ago.

This is like any other product based consumer forum. You concentrate those who have issues with their product, thus it appears the issues are pervasive. I have a friend with a G73JH-A1, I have the A2. He has had no issues at all at this time and bought his 3 weeks after I purchased mine.

dstrakele
01-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Whenever I go to Notebook Review Forum and peruse the various manufacturer's forums, I typically notice the ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum is filled with problem posts - systems freezing, overheating, BSOD's, screen problems, touchpad problems, keyboard problems, performance issues, "loads of issues", etc. While I can find problem posts in all forums, I don't see the same frequency or severity of problems in the other manufacturer's forums.

It's true that ASUS probably has a greater share of the gaming notebook market than MSI, Sager/Clevo, or Alienware. With more systems out there, one could expect a greater number of reported problems. But I also looked at HP, Dell, Apple, and Toshiba forums. Of all of these, ASUS looks the worst with respect to reported problem frequency and severity.

When I search for "RMA" in ALL manufacturer's forums, ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum leads the pack. I find the RMA horror story threads there and on this forum particularly upsetting.

When I look at specs and benchmarks in reviews of gaming laptops, I'm not seeing ASUS G Series at the top of the list.

Based on these observations, I cannot rate the ASUS G Series as the best laptops on the planet. It is my hope ASUS can take these observations to heart and make the changes necessary to claim the top spot.

kb0sdq
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
That being said I agree with it. I think Asus has forgoten where it came from. I think they are still relying on a name that they have made in the past. I have been real lucky. Both my g73 and g74 are working great. I did upgrade the bios & vbios on this one (g73) but it was not due to any problems. Also a lot of folks talk about doing a clean install of the os so I did that.Still a great gaming puter. I do 25man raids almost every night on world of warcraft frame rate is good computer is not over heating.
I feel bad for the folks who have gotten a "bad" machine. Asus should correct the problem....
Anyhow I hope everyone will just ROG on and prosper lol
Have fun while you can, good hunting and happy gaming,
Doug

chrsplmr
01-11-2012, 06:45 PM
The above from a member that loves his G -- 1000posts worth and then some...
--all have one thing in common--wanted the best-got out the cash.

--if it adds $200 to a $2000 Monster--so be it..... the is best is the best...and has a price.
What is the logic here...Does it ROG? Ring it up. How much?
I still think a solution could be found/Asus held harmless/offered to current owners @ cost/
(not EveryBody has issue)with the next generation a factory outOFtheBox masterpiece.......fair enough?

and honestly...the freeze ups..and alot of the other chatter...is owner error...the majority..
the hardware is rock solid... clean install....ect...
if you set it up correct....an enthusiast...tune...hi-performance..
U..brodyboy..jd....u tweak'r ROG'r'z.... your rigs scream... correct?

Im saying...unCut...the last few corners .... wipe the last smile off their faces.
...ROG flagship...and then comes everything else...make it so.

dstrakele
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Unfortunately, I don't believe "rock solid" is a claim that can be seriously made for current G Series hardware. Like @fostert, I'm hoping I won't experience some of the problems I've seen here - with hardware, support, and customer service.

I am currently satisfied with my G74SX, but had I done more research, I think it likely I would not be here today. Like others, ASUS was a name I was familiar with - I didn't know much about the other guys offering laptops with similar specs. I saw Chastity providing good support in this forum and I pulled the trigger and bought. Then Chastity went away...and Brian went away...and no one from ASUS really stepped up to take their place.

I truly hope ASUS can change my mind for my next laptop purchase. I do see Chastity is busy over at NBR opening cases with real case numbers. That is a good start.

BrodyBoy
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, I don't believe "rock solid" is a claim that can be seriously made for current G Series hardware.
+1 Nor for the software.....

Yes, my G74 works well now....after I have made hardware and software modifications that I believe are beyond the expertise of most typical users. I've owned at least a dozen laptops, and the G74 has been, by far, the most trouble-prone.

chrsplmr
01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Thats what I am asking, I guess...and thankYou BrodyBoy..

What hardware and software modifications..did you find necessary?
What have others done?
What needs to be done? So that it IS ""PROUDLY"" ROG?
Filtering past the owner/errors to Rock Solid.
A serious honest list.
Wish list Now:::better keyboard, touchpad, input ToughNess, powerPlugArmor ect...
Is updating/grading then possible? or is this the next generation mandate?
Any ideas on getting from here..........to there???

If all we ever speak of are gripes, rants and moans..we one arm row in a circle.

We know the questions....time to put answers on the table.
..and it wouldn't hurt to hear a HellYes from Asus.We CAN do even better.thnx.c.

JRd1st
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Most problems here are NOT "owner errors". More like design errors and QC failures mixed with manufacturer apathy.

This is a summary of my story and my path to a "mean machine"

To begin with, my notebook was really laggy and it something was causing Firefox to stop responding a lot. A lot of the problem was fixed by installing a different version of Atheros wifi driver. Problem was the version on the Asus support page for the G74 was the same one that caused the problem. It still is even though it's been common knowledge for months that the driver is a troublemaker. :/

Then I had problems with Explorer crashing; I isolated that down to Asus Web Storage (the "Utility", not the website).

Then my BluRay wouldn't play BluRay movies. It turns out that the cause was Roxio Cineplayer, also supplied by Asus.

I still had some lag and glitchy performance so I decided to do a clean install of windows and to try to find updated drivers. Finding the drivers was the hard part because Asus doesn't believe in driver support. I even created a driver thread to replace the defunct one with dead links that Chastity seemingly abandoned when she left. (oddly the defunct one is stickied but mine is lost in the threads, someplace lol)

Also, I had to replace the Atheros wifi/bt combo card with an Intel combo card; BIG improvement and good riddance to Atheros!! :D

I also replaced my syetm drive with a 120GB SSD. Now THAT rocks!

My notebook DOES work well, in fact better than I'd expect a notebook to operate, but I use it as a desktop replacement(mouse, external keyboard, 22" lcd monitor, always plugged in, etc) BUT, if I had to use the built-in keyboard often, then my opinion wouldn't be so high; the key action feels spongy and cheap, sort of like a toy keyboard. I'm also living in dread of the day the Sentelic touchpad craps out as it does for so many others that come here.

I also don't like the PnP only BIOS. What kind of gaming machine has BIOS settings that don't let the user adjust timings or anything performance related? I never dreamed it would be like this on an Asus machine!

In summary:
Replace Keyboard
Replace Touchpad
Replace WiFi/BT combo
Unhide options in BIOS
Send out machines without bloatware. ASUS could even use that as a bullet point *"Asus, the lean, clean machine!"
Don't have any "bright ideas" about the Num-lock key in the future

Doan
01-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't understand the complaints some are making about the touchpad being over-sensitive. If my finger is touching the touchpad, even in the very slightest, I want it to recognize that. Are you saying you want a pressure-sensitive touch-pad? If not, what solution are you looking for?

MissKokane
01-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I never had any problem with the keyboard on my G73Sw and I never use the pad. My laptop came with the exact mouse I was about to buy, Logitech G700. And I assume many ROG owners use their laptops to play video games and they also have a mouse. Who uses their pads for video games?

AQUASTEVAE
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
i actually like typing on my g74 keyboard. i have a very nice logitech wireless k35 wave keyboard, but find myself using the g74's more often than not. i like the feel of the short keystroke, and the chicklet style of it. furthermore i have had zero problems with it. the same can be said for my trackpad. once getting the driver straightened out, my trackpad works perfectly well, and gives me a ton of options to make it work even better. i set the disable when typing option, and don't allow it to re-enable itself for three seconds. i also set the palm function, so my palms will not move the cursor around. i have zero problems with it.
now, i do take issue with the apparent apathy from asus towards those who are having problems. that is scary, and needs to be addressed. for me, having a company ignore you is the absolute worst thing you can experience, if you need their attention. this is unforgivable! and it WILL affect my purchasing decision in the future. so either get your sh&% together asus, or lose your customer base. it's that simple.

BrodyBoy
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't understand the complaints some are making about the touchpad being over-sensitive. If my finger is touching the touchpad, even in the very slightest, I want it to recognize that.
Yes, of course...but you wouldn't want it to recognize a hand on the palmrest as a touchpad action, would you? You wouldn't want it moving around on its own without your actual input, correct?

If you have not experienced these issues, maybe you can't relate to the complaints, but they aren't all that hard to understand. The touchpad does not function well...it is not appropriately responsive....in some units. The solution those owners would like is simple....a touchpad that DOES function well.

Lempziv
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Then the question is, how we make asus to pay attention to the forums and provide solutions for us?

BrodyBoy
01-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Thats what I am asking, I guess...and thankYou BrodyBoy..

What hardware and software modifications..did you find necessary?

After getting two G74s with defective touchpads (most likely due to failure of the piss-poor "foil tape" grounding system), I installed a rigid metal ground for the touchpad. This essentially replicates the more reliable grounding design used in most other laptops.
I updated the BIOS.
I replaced the stock 150Mbps WLAN card with a better 300-450Mbps Intel card.
I performed a number of experimental clean installs to determine which drivers are most effective and reliable for this model, since most of the Asus shipped drivers, driver disk drivers, and product page drivers....are outdated or dysfunctional. Asus provides no guidance whatsoever on this.
In my clean installs, I avoided all Asus software except the ATK package.
TO DO: When I find a compatible model, I will likely replace the Sentelic touchpad.

NO_DIVISION
01-13-2012, 02:38 AM
It's people like JR and BrodyBoy, among others, that help me "keep the faith." I've been lurking around these forums since early August when I got my G74. Asus support is nonexistent and if it weren't for these forums I think we'd all be screwed. So this is a sincere "thank you" to the people that have the patience to answer the same questions over and over again. Keep it up guys!

Oh... and I love my G74.

chrsplmr
01-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Asus...there it is in black and grey.. it could not be any clearer.. and thankyou BrodyBoy..
with passion for the G....... on our way.

No_Division---no issues--tweak'd..through member exchange...new friends made?

NO_DIVISION
01-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Had to rma it as soon as i got it. Blu-ray drive would only read dvds and dvd-rom. No blu-ray. Updated the Atheros driver after seeing a post from JR. But plan on replacing the wireless card altogether. Updated the ATK package because the backlit keyboard wasn't working. Updated some other drivers. Got rid of the Asus bloatware except power4gear. And i plan on installing a ssd in the near future. I'm too scared to update the bios... but we shall see?

As for new friends made... guess noboby likes me. [sadface] HAHA!

Doan
01-13-2012, 04:09 AM
I understand being annoyed by accidentally touching the touchpad while typing, but I don't consider high sensitivity to be a hardware con. A software fix would prevent the touchpad from performing any action when it is touched by anything not recognized as a "finger."

By the way, I'm referring only to normally operational touchpads, not touchpads with obvious hardware (or driver, etc) problems.

fostert
01-13-2012, 04:28 AM
My observation in reading this forum for several months now and in G74 ownership for this time is that 70% of the G74s problems stem from bad drivers, not bad hardware. When I got my G74 the very first thing I did was watch ASUS' Windows7 install kill itself after a week...it would lock up after the login and never run explorer.exe. But, no matter, because I wanted to put Linux on it anyways for my work. I completely repartitioned the drives, formatted each, and put Linux on. *I have not had a single apparent hardware issue since*, aside from the commonly known keyboard lockup by disabling the touchpad in the BIOS. Nothing. WIFI is strong and stable, touchpad is not as sensitive and not obtrusive. The price I pay is no keyboard backlight, and no function key controls for screen brightness, sound volume, etc. I might be able to get some of these features by recompiling the kernel with some experimental ASUS drivers written into the kernel options by other users, but I haven't been successful yet.

Perhaps then ASUS tries to do too much of the G74's fancy hardware control through (particularly buggy) software?

Anyways, keeping my G74 for as long as it wants to live, but thereafter only as long as ASUS RMA doesn't let me down.

BrodyBoy
01-13-2012, 05:26 AM
By the way, I'm referring only to normally operational touchpads, not touchpads with obvious hardware (or driver, etc) problems.
Yes, and this would explain why you say you don't understand the problem. You're not talking about the same thing others are talking about when they are discussing their problem touchpads.

Doan
01-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Yes, and this would explain why you keep saying you don't understand the problem. You're not talking about the same thing others are talking about when they are discussing their problem touchpads.Am too:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3700-G74-Touchpad-issues&p=38031&viewfull=1#post38031
(http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3700-G74-Touchpad-issues&p=38031&viewfull=1#post38031)http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9045-G74SX-a-few-issues&p=60547&viewfull=1#post60547
(http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9045-G74SX-a-few-issues&p=60547&viewfull=1#post60547)http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5347-Touchpad-TOO-touchy&p=38698&viewfull=1#post38698

I stopped at 3 results, but I'm sure there are more.

PILGRIM
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
The ROG G -Best LapTop on the Planet. No? Why?

For me, the answer is YES, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
Or I could have just returned it if it didn't meet my expectations.

I like my G74. Its over-all design, power, price, and usability is simply great.
Although it has some hardware and software flaws, I could live with it, and will try
to remedy it (with the forum's help), to how I like it.

I like this Forum. Specifically it's members. It is a place where members are polite
and always ready to lend a hand. It's a guide to a newbie (like me), and a "sparring arena"
for the pros. Most of all, it's a place to make acquaintances, and possibly friends.

I'm not really fond of the way the forum admin deals with the members' legit concerns,
especially on the matter of admin-members forum communication.
I think it would help a lot if the admin were more engaging, to avoid mis-communication,
resulting to misunderstanding. Therefore, I support the call for a liaison to bridge the gap
between parties involved.

I like ASUS for the way it is helping in the advancement of technology.
But I don't like its generally poor customer service. I sincerely hope ASUS listens,
and address this issue. A happy customer is a returning customer.

chrsplmr
01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Asus....the road is mapped before your eyes....

No_Division...hahaha....can the nobody likes me crap..
hang around...ur growing on us...hahahhahahaa... does something you love
have the ROG logo on it ???? your in.

the touchpad...has to be the easiest thing to fix on it...with a lil tech knowHow..or expert.
if there was a compat.replacement....asus???

hi dan.

chrsplmr
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
an excerp from a pm from MissK above...i asked her about her haptop...i never saw an issue from her..
and guys....this lady.....ROGz

"I actually already posted in there, my post was:

"I never had any problem with the keyboard on my G73Sw and I never use the pad. My laptop came with the exact mouse I was about to buy, Logitech G700. And I assume many ROG owners use their laptops to play video games and they also have a mouse. Who uses their pads for video games?"

I never had any serious problem. At first when I started Skyrim it went freezing on the intro video at any other quality setting than low. The game settings were in conflict with the NVIDIA control panel settings so I sorted that out by changing the latter. It worked fine since then at ultra high quality.

Another thing is GTA IV working very slow but I see everyone's having that problem.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with my laptop. I wouldn't change it with another brand" by MissK.

What say ye on the above GTA IV??? thats new to me......thanks MissK..thanks All.

kb0sdq
01-13-2012, 03:38 PM
MissK is right. I do not use the pad when gaming I have a Razor Deathadder mouse I also have a n52te keypad that i use.
Thanks for sharing that with us C.
Doug

chrsplmr
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
your welcome..and thanks doug..congrats on joining the Folders.. that sure looks good in ur sig/CPUZ...ol'Gdog on the field.

fostert
01-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Part of good ongoing customer service is releasing new BIOS versions to fix issues that are common to all owners. Specifically here I am asking why ASUS has not responded to users on this, its flagship's forum and the most heavily read one of all the ROG forums, with a new BIOS to fix the numlock issue, the lack of support for 16GB of performance RAM (1600-1866 MHz: e.g. the Kingston HyperX PnP series), the strange keyboard lockup linked with disabling the touchpad in the BIOS, etc. These issues have plagued all G74 owners, and could so easily be made history with a BIOS update...please ASUS?

Its good to see G74 owners here take pride in their machines, but I'd like to see ASUS take pride in them too, and their owners loyalty.

Boosted_R
01-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Wasn't me. If I delete something other than spam or an oopsie I will send a PM with an explanation. JR has made lots of negative comments and they all stuck AFAIK so perhaps it was the context of the comment? Obviously it's not true and you wrote it to express frustration but if a new user could mistake it for truth one of the mods might have deleted it for that reason. *shrug*

LOL, say what you want....... put it down to a forum "error" hahaha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note hopefully others will see this tread and think twice...... G74 is a let down ( but has worked fine)... IF Asus makes good on any of the problems, opinion might change then......Simple software fix like a BIOS still hasn't happened..... hardware fix wont come 100 %........ take one guy off X79 testing and give us LAPTOP CONSUMERS a BIOS.

BrodyBoy
01-14-2012, 04:21 AM
You know how it is, Boosted....we certainly wouldn't want anyone to mistake your comments "for truth."

Meet big brother.....his name is ROG. ;)

chrsplmr
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
I was just reviewing video from CES 2012... the G55 looks very promising...
there has been some attention placed on the rest area.touchpad.keyboard area..
cant wait to start hearing reviews come in........

57degrees
01-15-2012, 05:41 AM
I certainly would return my G74 if I could - I have huge buyer's remorse because of the Numlock key issue.

ASUS could make it better with a BIOS update; but at this point they clearly don't care. If they did, they would have by now.

Other than the Numlock key, yes, it's a great machine. But I'd criticize Mercedes-Benz too if they swapped the gas and brake pedals on a car for no good reason.

Boosted_R
01-15-2012, 06:36 AM
You know how it is, Boosted....we certainly wouldn't want anyone to mistake your comments "for truth."

Meet big brother.....his name is ROG. ;)

lol............ there bringing out the G55....game over for the G74 lol