PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Video Driver Crashing and Resetting Every Hour or so

Vulcan32
04-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Hello. I have been having PC troubles for the last 3 months after owning this laptop for 5 years with limited issues.

I had the motherboard replaced with a service center and ever since I got it back it randomly crashes the display and any currently running applications. I sent it back a few weeks ago and they replaced the power supply and the hard drive but I still crash every so often. I noticed that before the power supply was replaced I would crash when running on battery. The machine would simply turn itself off for no reason. That issue seems to have been resolved.

Now games like starcraft will freeze and blackscreen sometimes flicking horizontally before working again. Overwatch will crash completely at random. Sometimes at the desktop while browsing I will blackscreen and get a message that my display driver stopped responding and successfully recovered.

Do you think by chance my gpu is starting to fail?
Was something damaged or not installed properly by the service center?
It's almost like something inside the machine isn't plugged in properly or a connection is damaged.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction to get this fixed that would be great. This is currently my only machine and I lose my mind when I can't play all of my games without interruption.

before you suggest driver updates or any software changes I have cleanly installed over 5 nvidia drivers for my 660m
I have also tried updating the BIOS and I even changed the registry to give the machine more time before the gpu would time out.
the gpu temperature is perfectly normal under load
I'm at a loss of what to do.

here is an example of the types of errors I have in the event viewer:

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video7
Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 3 Error

It seems to happen ever hour or so randomly. it's been a nightmare to troubleshoot. I wish I had another monitor to test with maybe that is the issue.

Thanks.