PDA

View Full Version : Where to get current(or even past) Nvidia drivers for G752?

jmike
04-09-2017, 02:00 AM
The latest drivers on the G752's support page are from Dec '16. I went to Nvidia's webpage and downloaded the notebook version of the 381.65s and was prompted with the message: This Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. Naturally I just went back and grabbed the desktop version which gave me the same message. I then tried a few previous versions, like 378.92 which is the Mass Effect: Andromeda targeted driver and was met with the same results.

Are there drivers somewhere that's not so obvious or are we stuck until Asus updates? I gained ~15fps in ME:A on my desktop when I updated to the 378.92s so it would be nice to have.

Sheltem
04-09-2017, 04:37 AM
381.65 cannot be installed on any ASUS mobile geforces, the device IDs are simply not there (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1002796/381-65-geforce-game-ready-driver-messed-up-/?offset=8). Try the mobile/notebook version of 378.92, it has a much larger ListDevices.txt (and .inf files). At least for me, NVIDIA's notebook 378.92 did work fine (G752VS w/ 1070, 1BE1&SUBSYS_13F01043)

BoutTime01
04-09-2017, 06:59 AM
If you download and install Geforce Experience it will automatically update to the latest compatible driver.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OllieD
04-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Updating through Geforce Experience no longer works as of the latest drivers it supplies,

After working fine for several driver updates, the latest now fails due to not being able to find compatible graphics hardware.

Looks like either Nvidia made a mistake and did not include a complete hardware list or our days of easy updates are over :(

chris.g
04-09-2017, 12:44 PM
I had the same problem. I went to the second youngest driver. Its just bad if you buy a new laptop and driver update fails - you think your grafic card went broke as DOA.

Sheltem
04-09-2017, 02:37 PM
If you download and install Geforce Experience it will automatically update to the latest compatible driver.

Yes, it will successfully download the driver installation package, which will tell you whoops, no supported hardware found.

It seems that the permanent brightness increase issue was why ASUS GeForce notebook cards were manually excluded from the supported devices list. Which means 381.65 (with Win10 CU "support") will NOT be available for us. I'd bet the next driver will be okay.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY NVIDIA (http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4448/)

JustinThyme
04-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Avoid Gforce experience, all it guarantees is a performance hit with another app running.
Just go to the Nvidia drivers page and enter the correct info and BAM! it gives you a list of drivers to choose from.

The only issues are when folks enter the wrong info or those running the widows insider preview builds which 381.65 was released specifically to address, this is specific to a beta OS which you can expect problems.

You should also be more specific as to what G752 you are referencing. Pretty broad range there especially with the 10 series desktop GPUs going in the lastest models compared to 900 series M GPUs with the first round of G752s.

378.92 is the latest so long as you are not running a beta OS

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/378.78/378.78-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

BoutTime01
04-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Yes, it will successfully download the driver installation package, which will tell you whoops, no supported hardware found.

It seems that the permanent brightness increase issue was why ASUS GeForce notebook cards were manually excluded from the supported devices list. Which means 381.65 (with Win10 CU "support") will NOT be available for us. I'd bet the next driver will be okay.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY NVIDIA (http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4448/)
Oh i didn't realise. I've installed the creative edition update and my current driver seems to work fine.

chevell65
04-09-2017, 03:33 PM
GeForce experience causes a performance hit? What app does it do this to Justin?

BoutTime
04-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Oh i didn't realise. I've installed the creative edition update and my current driver seems to work fine.

Just checked.....I have 381.65 installed and the brightness control does not work.

BoutTime
04-09-2017, 04:05 PM
GeForce experience causes a performance hit? What app does it do this to Justin?

I'd heard this before so just did a quick search on google. Someone did some tests which showed no drop in FPS or Benchmark scores with Geforce Experience Installed and not running, installed and not recording, or even installed and recording. Older versions were reportedly a memory hog but the newer version has a smaller footprint. I don't have any issues with it to be honest.

chevell65
04-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I'd heard this before so just did a quick search on google. Someone did some tests which showed no drop in FPS or Benchmark scores with Geforce Experience Installed and not running, installed and not recording, or even installed and recording. Older versions were reportedly a memory hog but the newer version has a smaller footprint. I don't have any issues with it to be honest.

Thanks for that, I never noticed anything either. Seems to be much easier to obtain the updated drivers using the GeForce experience.

chris.g
04-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks for that, I never noticed anything either. Seems to be much easier to obtain the updated drivers using the GeForce experience.

i like the geforce settings optimization for my games. But - a 1070, even mobile, can handle mass effect andromeda at 1080p at ultra. Geforce game optimization didnt suggested highes settings, i dont know why. So, if they are not able to suggest the right thing, what use do they have?

Anyway, to keep my drivers up to date i use driver booster. but as well, to be honest, its anoying if they suggest a newer version.

Sheltem
04-09-2017, 05:03 PM
i like the geforce settings optimization for my games. But - a 1070, even mobile, can handle mass effect andromeda at 1080p at ultra. Geforce game optimization didnt suggested highes settings, i dont know why. So, if they are not able to suggest the right thing, what use do they have?

Yes, one of the reasons why I don't install GFE anymore. It's worthless (unless you do use its recording capabilities) and now it even suggests driver updates that you cannot install due to the hardware you have.

Dr4g0n36
04-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Just for info...2 weeks ago on my G752VT with game ready driver (not current but last one) Nvidia installer did so a big mistake that no more way to recognize nvidia card, panels, etc...so, i had to fully format in order to return to normal situation (DDU done nothing even on secure mode ,snappy couldn't re-instal, nvidia engine crashes on startup...hell wa lighter in that moments) just to suggest you to try to wipe out everything (adding maybe a clean installation of CU) before send it to RMA (if you think doing so).

BTW...wich Nvidia do you have? there are plenty models of G752.

MacLeod
04-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Info regarding the Nvidia Display Driver 381.65 here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92560-Nvidia-Display-Driver-381-65-will-NOT-Install-or-Work-on-ASUS-notebook&highlight=G752VS

JustinThyme
04-24-2017, 04:42 AM

Everything graphics related.
Run firestrike with it installed and not installed. 200 point hit minimum.

MacLeod
04-25-2017, 05:08 PM
New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
 [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
during software unbundling process. [1900432]
 [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
 GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us