PDA

View Full Version : Win10 Creators Update (11 april 2017) G752 VY - Issues with Smart Gesture - [solved]

kaltoreth
04-11-2017, 06:05 PM
SOLUTION!
Reinstall the software as proposed by Clintlgm! See answer #2 and my confirmation that worked #3.

Ahoy me harties!

The upgrade to the latest windows 10 version (Windows 10 Creators update released 11th og april 2017) Winver.exe = v1703 (OS-Build 15063.14) went smoothly. No issues other than Asus Smart Gesture.
What I mean, is that my touchpad works etc, but some FN+buttons don't work FN+f9 to turn of touchpad for example), and neither does stuff like scrolling up and down on sites with two fingers up and down on the touchpad and other smart gestures on the touchpad.

Im running Asus Smart Gesture v. 4.0.12 which is latest.

Any tips?I :)

It's not a deal-breaker - But I use those functions quite a bit so it's and inconvenience. And tbh - That's the only issues I've noticed since upgrade so no biggie.

^The Kal.

Clintlgm
04-11-2017, 06:10 PM
I found after the AU I had to reinstall some programs. this may be what you need to do. Just uninstall and reinstall see what happens let us know

kaltoreth
04-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I found after the AU I had to reinstall some programs. this may be what you need to do. Just uninstall and reinstall see what happens let us know

You were right mate :D

I had to uninstall the Asus Smart Gesture 4.0.12 software - Do a reboot - Reinstall it - Reboot again. Works like a charm now :)

Thank you very much for the correct tip!

^The Kal.

kaltoreth
04-11-2017, 06:53 PM
On a completely different note - Whate do you mean by the "AU"? Auto Update?

And second note - heh.. Is it possible to edit thread header to add (Solution) and/or (Solved) so that others might can se the reinstall tip as a possible solution? Edited top of 1st post with solution and crediting you Clintlgm :)

^The Kal.

Clintlgm
04-11-2017, 10:31 PM
AU Anniversary Upgrade the last major upgrade to Windows 10 lots of hardware no longer worked and most software that didn't work after just needed a reinstall. I haven't done the creator upgrade yet. But the AU after the install several programs reinstalled themselves like Classic Shell, Gadget 8, some others and then I can't remember which ones but there were a couple that In had to reinstall to get going. I expect this will be common with the this new upgrade.

Dr4g0n36
04-12-2017, 01:06 AM
after 48 hour of full fresh format with CU ISO today disappeared all my pinned ap to start, no more edge in quick bar and no more notifications on the side panel...googled for a while but no solution (SFC report all fine)...let's...format again :mad:

driver345
04-12-2017, 04:04 AM
Tried the update a few times today but no luck, quits around 33% loaded and quickly goes to recover previous setup with no explanation on what was wrong or error code. I was prompted by windows update to try new system and all previous updates were done including scanning with MalWareBytes for any issues.
Probably will have to do clean install.

chris.g
04-12-2017, 06:31 AM
AU August Upgrade the last major upgrade to Windows 10 lots of hardware no longer worked and most software that didn't work after just needed a reinstall.

I thought AU = anniversary update?

Clintlgm
04-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Well yes and no, August upgrade was not a simple update that we get every month or so. It is a full upgrade with consequences of that upgrade to be considered especial if you might be running some older business or propriety software.
This CU is also a major upgrade not to be confused with an ordinary monthly update.

I have found that with these Major Upgrades the best way to install them is not to allow MS Update to run them at all. Most of the issues that arise are from installing it this way!!!
Instead use the MCT Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) Download the latest window 10 ISO for your system Core or Pro etc. Set the ISO up on a USB Stick and then start the upgrade from the USB Stick with windows open. this Results in the least amount of issues. Both ways result in the same outcome your notebook upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10

Dr4g0n36
04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Tried the update a few times today but no luck, quits around 33% loaded and quickly goes to recover previous setup with no explanation on what was wrong or error code. I was prompted by windows update to try new system and all previous updates were done including scanning with MalWareBytes for any issues.
Probably will have to do clean install.

Before you perform a clean install, try to update with update Microsoft Update tool and if even this solution didn't work, download CU ISO with Microsoft tool and run it trough desktop (ISO's can be mounted as well by double-clicking on all Windows 10 versions), performing an update instead a clena install, this should work. Once setup has finished, remember to clean HDD with disk panel to remove old backup of AU (20/30 gig usually). Don't manually remove Windows.old

For upgrade with tool search for: Windows10Upgrade28085

To obtain ISO to use as update or clean install (last chanche) search for: mediacreationtool

(i'm from ITA so better you search your own link, i see Microaoft italian pages when searching).

Clintlgm
04-12-2017, 04:15 PM
I posted a link to MCT in my earlier reply

Slick8791
04-12-2017, 08:57 PM
I installed the new CU (1703) with the USB ISO from scratch with no major issues. Performance overall seem about the same but certainly no better than the Anniversary Update. However, I haven't had time to really do any serious game play yet. The Division benchmark demo was about the same +/- 1-fps on average.

One driver change I noticed was the SerialIO_Intel_Win10_64 package on ASUS support site is now old as the version that installs with the Win10-CU build is 3010016333.

Dr4g0n36
04-12-2017, 10:05 PM
I installed the new CU (1703) with the USB ISO from scratch with no major issues. Performance overall seem about the same but certainly no better than the Anniversary Update. However, I haven't had time to really do any serious game play yet. The Division benchmark demo was about the same +/- 1-fps on average.

One driver change I noticed was the SerialIO_Intel_Win10_64 package on ASUS support site is now old as the version that installs with the Win10-CU build is 3010016333.

So, even if in a strange way, you solved the issue?

Clintlgm
04-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Your right I edited my post

Slick8791
04-13-2017, 06:41 PM
So, even if in a strange way, you solved the issue?

I guess so, because I've had no issues by doing a clean install. Some users have had issues with the in-place update.

The only ASUS provided driver package I could not install was the Intel Serial IO driver for my G752VT because the new Win10 CU (1703) has an updated version included. I was able to search around and found the latest Intel packaged installer of the Serial IO driver and installed it with no problems.

driver345
04-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Before you perform a clean install, try to update with update Microsoft Update tool and if even this solution didn't work, download CU ISO with Microsoft tool and run it trough desktop (ISO's can be mounted as well by double-clicking on all Windows 10 versions), performing an update instead a clena install, this should work. Once setup has finished, remember to clean HDD with disk panel to remove old backup of AU (20/30 gig usually). Don't manually remove Windows.old

For upgrade with tool search for: Windows10Upgrade28085

To obtain ISO to use as update or clean install (last chanche) search for: mediacreationtool

(i'm from ITA so better you search your own link, i see Microaoft italian pages when searching).

Thanks Dr4g0n36, I have already done the clean update using Gp53dx guide "uefi based installation" and chose simple way and no problems everything working properly out of the box with no driver updates required and surprisingly my sound system works better now than ever. And I did use Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool d/l onto my USB stick which now allows you to do a uefi install on gpt drive with my SSD, no need for iSO anymore.

Clintlgm
04-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Ok I have upgraded my G752VY. I used Media creator tool to create an USB install stick. I then ran the upgrade from the USB Stick. The only issue I had with the install/upgrade was during the upgrade I had a second upgrade try to start. I reliazed what was happening and just close out the second start I got a reboot and the upgrade continued.
On start up my 8gadget pack and Classic Shell auto ran update Installs
My Office 2013 Plus ran an upgrade install and re activated
I have no issues that I know of now other than I have one device that is unknown listed as "Other Device Unknown" and I have a 2nd HID compliant Mouse. I use a Logitec MX Anywhere 2 Bluetooth mouse?
I reinstalled the smart gestures
I reinstalled the ATK
I reinstalled the Track pad software
I reinstalled the IRST drivers
I still have this Other Device Any Ideas what it could be? I have Gaming Center uninstall
As far as I can tell every thing is working

Dr4g0n36
04-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Ok I have upgraded my G752VY. I used Media creator tool to create an USB install stick. I then ran the upgrade from the USB Stick. The only issue I had with the install/upgrade was during the upgrade I had a second upgrade try to start. I reliazed what was happening and just close out the second start I got a reboot and the upgrade continued.
On start up my 8gadget pack and Classic Shell auto ran update Installs
My Office 2013 Plus ran an upgrade install and re activated
I have no issues that I know of now other than I have one device that is unknown listed as "Other Device Unknown" and I have a 2nd HID compliant Mouse. I use a Logitec MX Anywhere 2 Bluetooth mouse?
I reinstalled the smart gestures
I reinstalled the ATK
I reinstalled the Track pad software
I reinstalled the IRST drivers
I still have this Other Device Any Ideas what it could be? I have Gaming Center uninstall
As far as I can tell every thing is working

Could be scanner driver, fax driver or Windows PSD printer. Open it and copy the hardware ID , the longest one.

Compliant Mouse is a virtual device for Smart Gesture.

Clintlgm
04-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Yep that was it. like everything else that doesn't work with the Upgrades to windows an uninstall and reinstall fixed it.

So this upgrade seems to be going much smooooother than the AU did. Upgraded one of my Z97 computers and not one issue at all so far as I can tell.

winyl
04-23-2017, 08:21 AM
My G752vy failed installing creators upadate. And AutoUpdate does not detect it any more. I just have in in update history Feature Update 1703 20.04.2017 Failed. Updates screen is now showing "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" I get "Yes,show me how to" but it wasn't there just a few moments ago. Did just Microsoft took Creator Update offline for my G752vy? I already tried to delete SoftwareDistribution folder and use Find and Repair problem with Windows Update to no avail. I still have c:\Windows.~BT folder and in it 1703 cd install root folder!

Clintlgm
04-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Yes well that failed right. so go to MCT (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and create a new USB Install media. Then start the upgrad from within windows. You should have better luck with it installed that way.

Be ready to reinstall your Nvidia driver, MS Office and several other software rogram will need a repair install. Track Pad, Gestures Asus software will need a reinstall.

After install go to device manager and check the driver are the current good ones. Windows will have installed there generic Native drivers

Install the 378 Nvidia drivers the 381 casused problems with CU
Check you power options, the install will have changed them on you.

MacLeod
04-25-2017, 05:27 PM
New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
 [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
during software unbundling process. [1900432]
 [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
 GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us