PDA

View Full Version : Asus G752VS Rog Gaming Center V2.0.3 Always Crashes, Only the Old V1.0.12 Works

djdy72@gmail.com
04-22-2017, 07:16 AM
Hi,

When I install ROG gamging center v2.0.3 it always crash and only the old v1.0.12 works.

How can I solve it ?

Thanks,
Dror

BoutTime01
04-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Hi,

When I install ROG gamging center v2.0.3 it always crash and only the old v1.0.12 works.

How can I solve it ?

Thanks,
Dror
Did you download from the official support page for the G752VS? In other words is it definitely compatible? Not all of the ROG Notebooks support the latest version as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Clintlgm
04-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Download it from here Asus Support downloads (https://www.asus.com/support), if this version is not listed her it is not compatible with your notebook.

Aerrow
04-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Hi,

How can I solve it ?

Thanks,
Dror
I have the same laptop. When you go to asus support page, where it asks to enter model number, enter g752vs and when the drop down comes up, select 7th generation instead of 6th generation processors. That will take you to support page for the 7820hk proccy laptop. Then install the gaming center from there. That worked for me. I don't see any OC settings anymore in the app but it runs cooler so not bothering.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

MacLeod
04-23-2017, 09:37 PM
I have the same laptop. When you go to asus support page, where it asks to enter model number, enter g752vs and when the drop down comes up, select 7th generation instead of 6th generation processors. That will take you to support page for the 7820hk proccy laptop. Then install the gaming center from there. That worked for me. I don't see any OC settings anymore in the app but it runs cooler so not bothering.

How do you know WHICH version of the G752VS Dror has or is using when it is not listed in their system specs?

There are MANY versions of the G752VS out there...so...informing them to go to the 7th generation as quoted above may not actually help Dror if they do NOT in fact have a 7th generation model.

Take care in selecting the proper download page for your exact system as needed.

Aerrow
04-23-2017, 10:04 PM
How do you know WHICH version of the G752VS Dror has or is using when it is not listed in their system specs?

There are MANY versions of the G752VS out there...so...informing them to go to the 7th generation as quoted above may not actually help Dror if they do NOT in fact have a 7th generation model.

Take care in selecting the proper download page for your exact system as needed.
I don't know which version he has. I have 6th gen and it didn't come with the new version of gaming center. I installed and uninstalled a couple of different ones before I found the version that works the best. And hey, my computer didn't explode. It's been running flawlessly for a month now and everything works.

Also, it's an app ffs.

Clintlgm
04-24-2017, 02:55 AM
Actually you need to register your notebook, and use you Asus Account or create one if you don't have one. then when you go to Asus Support Downloads you will get to the drivers that actually for your notebook by serial Number!! Don't take chances with Generic downloads.

djdy72@gmail.com
04-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Hi to all thanks for all the info
I have Asus G752VS with intel i7 6820HK CPU.
I tried to download a newer version of Gaming center from 7th generation G752VSK.
I thought it should work.
In the data folder of the installation both of the XML files of G752VS.xml are the same in 1.0.12 and in 2.0.3 installation files.
Tried 2.0 and it still didn't work.
shame on asus if they don't support 6th GEN CPU with the new version.

BoutTime01
04-24-2017, 08:55 PM
You have a 6th gen CPU. Therefore you need the download for the 6th gen CPU.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk