PDA

View Full Version : Ping spikes on G551jw

proxible
05-10-2017, 08:00 PM
hello i have g551jw i have problem that when i play online games my pings go to 1000 instant and get back normal i try everything i boot my pc i try with different internet but nothing happened so i decided that the problem may be in wifi card so i bought a intel 7620 ac card i plug in and nothing change the problem still there.i dont know is this right place to write this but sorry i am newbie.

i have moded bios by the way.

proxible
05-11-2017, 11:53 AM
up up up up

Eleiyas
05-11-2017, 11:59 AM
it is unlikely that your ping is related to a hardware issue. there's so many things software-wise that can affect ping, it's quite incredible;

sneaky windows update
something else updating
skype or other voip software
streaming in the background
malware/viruses/adware
someone else on the network
quick loss of signal strength
windows driver issue

etc.etc.etc....

I'd recommend using a network monitoring program and checking the log files when you experience a ping jump

proxible
05-11-2017, 06:01 PM
it can't be software i guess because i reinstall windows 10 and i changed wifi card and also i changed bios it might be a power problem i dont know what i need to do because my warrantly is over.

Eleiyas
06-09-2017, 11:05 AM
it can't be software i guess because i reinstall windows 10 and i changed wifi card and also i changed bios it might be a power problem i dont know what i need to do because my warrantly is over.

sorry for the late reply.

if you've replaced multiple components and re-installed windows, and still have the issue, then it might be a problem with your modem/router setup or the signal strength.