PDA

View Full Version : front base connector loosens within hours and disconnects

purecain
05-25-2017, 03:15 AM
I can not get the front base connector to stay connected to the rog_ext cable.

I thought the front base wasn't working and wasted 3days of my life. this was the same with the front base on the maximus extreme vi so to buy a product and have the same ****ty connecting mechanism in use is just really bad form... not happy at all.

does anyone have any tips. I thinking of gluing it in...

thanks in advance ... heres my appeal for a new cable.. I didn't get the base in the shot but you can hear windows going mad. you have to push on the cable to get it to connect. my other front base in a different build had the same problem. I desperately need a more permanent fix than taping it in.

Chino
05-25-2017, 02:42 PM
modDIY sells ROG OC Panel / Front Base Panel Cables (https://www.moddiy.com/products/ASUS-Maximus-Rampage-ROG-OC-Panel-%7B47%7D-Front-Base-Panel-Cable-%28Red%29.html) up to 200cm in length.

purecain
05-27-2017, 12:13 AM
why thank you kind sir.... I shall jump on a replacement cable. I had got to a point where I was going to try to make another cable myself so this is ideal.

regards purecain...

R5Eandme
06-23-2017, 09:03 PM
I just purchased a longer replacement OC Panel/Front Base cable from ModDIY.com, the stock ASUS cable is 70cm long. Using a DVM I verified that the pin out wiring is identical to the ASUS stock OC Panel cable. Here is an image of the pinout maps: