PDA

View Full Version : If I put the laptop on my blanket, can it still cool down?

AndreiZago28
05-26-2017, 06:26 PM
So I like browsing the internet and seeing movies while in my bed, placing the laptop on a blanket.
However, is it dangerous to do so? Can it overhead? I know it takes cold air from underneath the laptop, but that is not possible if I put it on a blanket.
It has around 65 degrees celsius on the blanket and around 60 on a table.

Zka17
05-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Use a cooling pad for laptops...
That 5 degrees difference you have now will increase in time as the vents will collect more and more stuff from the blanket...

davemon50
05-26-2017, 08:06 PM
I read an article a while back about laptops overheating in many cases because of leaving them on carpets. Same principle here except a bed is worse because it will conform to the bottom of the computer and block air entry. If all your air entry is side or back then I'd worry about its own weight depressing it into the mattress a little such that the blanket surrounds it some like it's in a well. Bad idea either way. You could go to Staples or similar and get one of those laptop desks that have some beanbags or another support type underneath for comfort and a hard top big enough to fit your laptop. Something LIKE THIS (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lapgear-mini-mydesk-lapdesk-black/3562254.p?skuId=3562254).

xeromist
05-27-2017, 05:04 AM
Blocking any vents is definitely bad. Although the lighter usage you describe is better since you won't be generating as much heat.

Julskey
05-27-2017, 05:17 AM
Even if you put in on a blanket, it will still cool down if you put it to sleep. Hehehe. Joking aside, it depends on the ambient temperature, but it is never a good idea to use a laptop sitting on a blanket.