PDA

View Full Version : [HELP?] Asus G751 JTDH72 thermal throttling issue with cpu

hydrarog
05-29-2017, 01:20 PM
as title says cpu is thermal throttling at 95c when running a game such as battlerite which isn't really that demanding

i've lowered the clock speeds from 36 35 34 34 to 25 25 25 25 and still the same issue at 95c

i've taken pc to a pc repair store not sure if good idea or not they cleaned the dust and replaced thermal paste with a ****ty generic brand but apparently thermal paste was everywhere and was barely on cpu and it was all melted looking not sure if asus screwed up or was it just the heat that turned it into what it was person took pictures didn't see person take it apart in person

is there a way to turn fans up or any way to fix this? i noticed the left vent isn't really blowing out too much air and is coolish while the right is blowing out extremely hot air and a lot of it dust dust dust all over my desk and around the vents/pc

temps at idle are around 70c before thermal paste change around 60c on idle now but running at 2.5ghz in battlerite for example puts the temps at 95c so not sure what is going on and would like help if anyone knows of anything that may help or have any solutions

oh yeah laptop is about 2 years old asus rog g751 jt dh72 with 970m i7 4710 hq base clock of cpu is 2.5 apparently but i had it overclocked for a long time and didn't really have an issue other than the extra heat but was not near 95c or thermal throttling before

Digimutant
05-29-2017, 01:59 PM
as title says cpu is thermal throttling at 95c when running a game such as battlerite which isn't really that demanding

i've lowered the clock speeds from 36 35 34 34 to 25 25 25 25 and still the same issue at 95c

i've taken pc to a pc repair store not sure if good idea or not they cleaned the dust and replaced thermal paste with a ****ty generic brand but apparently thermal paste was everywhere and was barely on cpu and it was all melted looking not sure if asus screwed up or was it just the heat that turned it into what it was person took pictures didn't see person take it apart in person

is there a way to turn fans up or any way to fix this? i noticed the left vent isn't really blowing out too much air and is coolish while the right is blowing out extremely hot air and a lot of it dust dust dust all over my desk and around the vents/pc

temps at idle are around 70c before thermal paste change around 60c on idle now but running at 2.5ghz in battlerite for example puts the temps at 95c so not sure what is going on and would like help if anyone knows of anything that may help or have any solutions

oh yeah laptop is about 2 years old asus rog g751 jt dh72 with 970m i7 4710 hq base clock of cpu is 2.5 apparently but i had it overclocked for a long time and didn't really have an issue other than the extra heat but was not near 95c or thermal throttling before

Dust is one of the causes for bad heat dissipation (which is why yours seems to be really high at 95c). Vents should be dust free. And as for the PC store, the tech that may have done the job didn't do it professionally.

If you're brave, you could follow a tutorial on a disassembly to replace the paste yourself, a blob of Arctic Silver 5 should help alongside being dust free.

hydrarog
05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Dust is one of the causes for bad heat dissipation (which is why yours seems to be really high at 95c). Vents should be dust free. And as for the PC store, the tech that may have done the job didn't do it professionally.

If you're brave, you could follow a tutorial on a disassembly to replace the paste yourself, a blob of Arctic Silver 5 should help alongside being dust free.

doesn't seem to be much dust from the pictures of the insides with motherboard cpu and stuff but then again there is dust under my w key

Digimutant
05-29-2017, 06:59 PM
doesn't seem to be much dust from the pictures of the insides with motherboard cpu and stuff but then again there is dust under my w key

Hardly think dust under that key would cause some heat issues. I'm still leaning towards the inadequate thermal paste being the culprit. :D

hydrarog
05-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Hardly think dust under that key would cause some heat issues. I'm still leaning towards the inadequate thermal paste being the culprit. :D

isn't generic brand thermal paste still decent

Digimutant
06-02-2017, 10:54 AM
isn't generic brand thermal paste still decent

Perhaps, you could try with a generic brand but if you want a much cooler laptop, then use a different brand. :) This is a personal preference, but use Arctic Silver 5, small blob and let the heatsink distribute it when you reattach the cooler.