PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Touchpad using both mouse buttons at once

Optimoprimo
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I have a G74Sx with the Sentelic touchpad driver. I can't use the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously! When I hold them both, neither button activates. It makes playing MMO's difficult. I've looked for a setting but can't find one. Can this be remedied?

BrodyBoy
01-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Interesting....I don't think that question's come up before. When I have "explored" the various Sentelic drivers, there are sometimes options for customizing different kinds of actions, including button presses. I don't recall any option to assign an action to L+R simultaneously, which makes me doubt whether it's possible with this touchpad. You may have to resort to an external mouse for that function.

dstrakele
01-13-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm running the 9.1.7.7 driver. When I press both buttons simultaneously, the touchpad system tray icon registers both buttons. I don't believe it can emulate the middle button of a 3 button mouse, however. Is that what you want to do?

What version Sentelic driver are you running?

krodge
01-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't believe it can emulate the middle button of a 3 button mouse, however. Is that what you want to do?

No I don't think so. In most MMOs (like WoW and SWTOR) you can walk forward by pressing both mouse buttons and use the mouse to steer. This is not registered as a button 3, he just needs the hardware to acknowledge that he has pressed both buttons.

Optimo, I'm going to guess that you're having a driver issue. Check in your device manager to see if you have a synaptics or sentellic trackpad, then install the latest version of the appropriate driver. I believe there is a thread around here with links to the most stable drivers.

Edit: Bam. (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference&p=7250&viewfull=1#post7250) Found in the sticky thread. Although I am going to stress that you confirm whether you have a sentellics or synaptics, as installing the wrong driver could cause you more headaches. If you're unsure of how to tell please ask.

Edit again: Ok I just reread your post and noticed you explicitly mentioned a sentellics driver. Sorry about that, I will return to my coffee now.