PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Omron Switches

Sohan24
06-06-2017, 12:27 AM
Is it possible to obtain replacement Omron switches from ASUS?
The left clicker on my Spatha is malfunctioning but I don't want to use the optional switch set packaged with the mouse as it has a higher actuation force (original is 60 and optional is 75).

I rather not risk buying them online. They are cheap (<$1per switch) but there are many counterfeits.

Bahz
06-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Is it possible to obtain replacement Omron switches from ASUS?
The left clicker on my Spatha is malfunctioning but I don't want to use the optional switch set packaged with the mouse as it has a higher actuation force (original is 60 and optional is 75).

I rather not risk buying them online. They are cheap (<$1per switch) but there are many counterfeits.

Unfortunately I don't think we sell the switch separately, maybe you can contact local support and see if they can provide you with a replacement. That's all I can think of for now, I do think you will need to purchase this somewhere else either online or maybe possibly through an Omron switch reseller/distributor, if you're worried about buying counterfeit ones.

Korth
06-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Just order them directly from Omron. Or from a major distributor like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.ca/en/supplier-centers/o/omron?&WT.srch=1&mkwid=sCwsaAxBq&pcrid=176407163519&pkw=%2Bomron&pmt=b&pdv=c) - assured to be legit items, not ebay/alibaba counterfeits.

Omron manufactures over 3500 specific types of switches. The part number or identifier will be marked somewhere on your existing switches.