PDA

View Full Version : Rog Gladius II - Bugs in software, profiles resetting?

Ghozer
06-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I recently purchased a Gladius II RGB and have noticed a few bugs already... (not even had it 24 hrs yet)

Firstly, I set some profiles in Armoury....
on one of them set SYNC off, and set the scroll as Cycle, base as reactive, and logo static...

When I switch to one of the OTHER profiles using the buttons, then back - the scroll wheel doesn't cycle any more, and I have to go in and reset it...

second, if I reboot - I have to set up all 3 profiles via Armoury again - they aren't saved, or the mouse is defaulting back after reboot..

third, if I use Aura Sync to sync all devices (Case, gpu, mouse, RAM) they all sync fine, but if I unlink the mouse again, I once more have to re-set the profiles in Armoury...

unplugging the mouse, and plugging it back in also resets the profiles....

I have also noticed, that rebooting, seems to totally clear all profiles I set - so I have to reset them on each boot!

Oh, and a speed setting for each of the effects would be awesome :D - like Aura Sync has - (Armory has some nice effects that aren't in Aura Sync also)

Ghozer
06-11-2017, 02:12 AM
So does Asus actually read this?

This is VERY annoying, having to re-set the profiles on every reboot/boot....

:S

Bahz
06-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your feedback, I'm trying to gather back all the issues between AURA software and Amoury. Can you please share the Armoury software version, mouse FW version, and AURA version? I'll pass all of this information over to our software team and we'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Ghozer
06-19-2017, 01:28 AM
Hi

The versions are the latest...

Armory SW: 1.02.07
Mouse FW: 0178
Aura Version: 1.3.13.0

I have just had a new bug today... I recently attended a LAN party, and unplugged my mouse and PC - when I got to the LAN, the mouse worked as it has been...

But when I returned home, I have plugged the mouse in, and when I open Armory - there is only one profile on lighting, and certain effects don't work at all, some work but not on the scroll wheel etc...

and when I try and switch to another profile using the button's on the mouse (such as profile 2, middle and front:side) Armory crashes...

Bahz
06-19-2017, 02:04 AM
Hi

The versions are the latest...

Armory SW: 1.02.07
Mouse FW: 0178
Aura Version: 1.3.13.0

I have just had a new bug today... I recently attended a LAN party, and unplugged my mouse and PC - when I got to the LAN, the mouse worked as it has been...

But when I returned home, I have plugged the mouse in, and when I open Armory - there is only one profile on lighting, and certain effects don't work at all, some work but not on the scroll wheel etc...

and when I try and switch to another profile using the button's on the mouse (such as profile 2, middle and front:side) Armory crashes...

Thanks for the info, our team is already working on this and additional information like this is very useful for us. Thanks again for your help.

TgW357
06-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Hi !

I have exactly the same probleme with a gladius 2, the setting is reset after every restarts or when Aura is starting...
How Aura and Armoury cannot work together ???

Ghozer
06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Ok, further updates from what I have tried / played with...

using Aura, and enabling sync on the mouse, seems to work (all LED's go out, then come back on) - except the mouse doesn't light up..
if I un-sync the mouse in Aura, the reset reset, and the mouse sat with no lights.....

Opening Armory, resulted in blank options (no tabs or images showed, just the main armory red window with black background)

I tried to run the FW update from within the Armory directory, it successfully completed and reset the mouse to default profiles, which seem to work (from the mouse buttons)

Opening Armory, crashes instantly...

The mouse profiles seem to work fine still, switching between the 3 default profiles, but I cannot currently create any custom ones because Armory cannot open..

I will play with it some more later, i'll uninstall/reinstall Armory etc and have a play...

Bahz
06-19-2017, 10:22 PM
Ok, further updates from what I have tried / played with...

using Aura, and enabling sync on the mouse, seems to work (all LED's go out, then come back on) - except the mouse doesn't light up..
if I un-sync the mouse in Aura, the reset reset, and the mouse sat with no lights.....

Opening Armory, resulted in blank options (no tabs or images showed, just the main armory red window with black background)

I tried to run the FW update from within the Armory directory, it successfully completed and reset the mouse to default profiles, which seem to work (from the mouse buttons)

Opening Armory, crashes instantly...

The mouse profiles seem to work fine still, switching between the 3 default profiles, but I cannot currently create any custom ones because Armory cannot open..

I will play with it some more later, i'll uninstall/reinstall Armory etc and have a play...

Thanks for the additional information, I'll do the same and pass it over to our peripheral team. Once we have a new software version available to target this then I'll try to get the beta first from them to share with you.

Ghozer
06-20-2017, 03:03 AM
I uninstalled Armoury, and reinstalled it, and it still crashes instantly when opening..

Bahz
06-20-2017, 03:23 AM
You can try cleaning your registry with CC Cleaner first before reinstalling.

TgW357
06-20-2017, 05:11 AM
Lol ... for my part I formatted and nothing does ... everything goes well until Aura starts it ... when it is set up everything is fine, the parameters remain functional.

Also I noticed that when restarting the computer ... the parameters are also supported and it is only when Aura starts that the parameters are reset ...

I also add that this is also the case of my Claymore ... so the problem comes from Armory!

My configuration cost me more than 5000 € ... I count on you to find a fast and reliable solution ... because I begin to feel sick of people victim of the same problems to launch a collective appeal ...

Ghozer
06-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Ok,

So I did a little more playing and testing today....

I manually searched the registry for all iterations of "armoury" and deleted them, re-installed ROG Armoury, and it was still crashing...

Then, I suddenly remembered that I did something the other day to resolve an issue I had...

I disabled the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service process as it was causing constant CPU usage (5-15% constantly) (having read info online about the same issue)

I have re-enabled the service , and started it and now ROG Armoury loads up fine, without crashing, and all the profiles are back as they should be, and the mouse is working as it should...

HOWEVER, I still have the "WmiPrvSE.exe" using excessive and constant CPU....

i'm not sure what part of it is causing the usage, but i'll continue digging....

Ghozer
06-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Ok, so...

I uninstalled ROG Armoury again, and WmiPrvSE.exe was not using the CPU at all..

I reinastlled ROG Armoury, and it still was not using the CPU at all..

as soon as I open ROG Armoury, it jumps up to around 8% CPU, and uses anywhere up to 15% , and then starts jumping between 5-15% usage, constantly...

with Armoury set to load on Startup, this obviously causes WmiPrvSE.exe to use the CPU constantly also... this has also added to a heat issue i'm also having (I posted on another ROG thread for my GTX 1070)

- The original issues with profile resets on reboot are present, and the bug of Armoury using WmiPrvSE excessivly :)

Hope all this info helps!

Bahz
06-21-2017, 03:02 AM
Can everyone with this issue provide the motherboard model that you have?

If you have X299 board, the following AURA version should not be causing this issue.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/ASUS_AURA_Win7-10_V10507_20170609.zip?_ga=2.123046344.2124839912. 1498013933-311933883.1497237757

Bahz
06-21-2017, 03:04 AM
Ok, so...

I uninstalled ROG Armoury again, and WmiPrvSE.exe was not using the CPU at all..

I reinastlled ROG Armoury, and it still was not using the CPU at all..

as soon as I open ROG Armoury, it jumps up to around 8% CPU, and uses anywhere up to 15% , and then starts jumping between 5-15% usage, constantly...

with Armoury set to load on Startup, this obviously causes WmiPrvSE.exe to use the CPU constantly also... this has also added to a heat issue i'm also having (I posted on another ROG thread for my GTX 1070)

- The original issues with profile resets on reboot are present, and the bug of Armoury using WmiPrvSE excessivly :)

Hope all this info helps!

Thanks for reporting this, I'll pass this over to our peripheral team to understand the reasoning behind why it's doing that or if it's a bug.

TgW357
06-21-2017, 08:06 AM
I have a Z270 Maximus Formula IX

Ghozer
06-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi

I'm on a "Prime Z270-A" board....

got S.Skill TridentZ RAM also (but not used or installed the G.Skill app, just been using Aura Sync)

Ghozer
06-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Ok, Latest (and probably final, until the new Armory version comes out) update....

Armory is working again as I said above, I have to open it, configure, then close (otherwise WmiPrvSE.exe remains open/active) - it does take about 20-25 seconds to open though!

When configuring an "unsynchd" profile, I have to select each item individually, set it's effect, then apply...
clicking between "base, wheel and logo" doesn't change to the currently active effect/setting...

example... open Armory, click Lighting, click profile 1, click OFF for "sync all areas"...

select LOGO - click Static, set to White (how I have mine) - click SAVE
click SCROLL WHEEL - (the colour selection changes, but the effect selection does not) - select 'Color Cycle' (how I have mine) - click SAVE
click BASE - (the color selection changes again, but the effect selection does not) - select 'reactive' and click the red square for Red (how I have mine) - click SAVE

at this point, it's worth noting that if you do NOT click SAVE between each selection, it will not save and apply it... you have to do it for each section individually, instead of just setting them all, clicking save, and it applying it....

Now, once it's all set, close Armory, and reboot the PC... when it boots back up, it MAY still have the profile set, OR......

The Scroll Wheel will be set to a random static colour (the most common one I have seen) .. OR
The Logo has set it's self to a random colour (the second most common I have seen) .. OR
The Base will stop reacting (seen rarely) .. OR
Any of the above, will not be working (example, only base/reactive works after reboot, or ONLY logo is lighting etc...) .. OR

The profile Will be totally reset, and the mouse is doing the "wave" effect as-per default!

Now, the way it's setting (or not setting) the profiles in Armory as i'm configuring it, MAY be related to the profile changing on reboot - i'm not sure... I just thought i'd update you :)

Bahz
06-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the information, the issues you're having are definitely related to AURA and Armoury issue. They're working on it now so I'm certain the upcoming versions will fix this bug.

Lightbringer
06-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Hi,

thought i'd share my board, because i am experiencing the exact same thing as Ghozer is.
The profile settings for my Gladius 2 keep resetting everytime i reboot my pc. The settings on my Claymore on the other hand seem to save fine, weirdly enough.
I am using AURA Sync, AURA for my strix 1080ti OC and armoury, all in their latest available versions.

I am on a Asus Prime X370-PRO board.

regards,
Lightbringer

Bahz
07-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Hi,

thought i'd share my board, because i am experiencing the exact same thing as Ghozer is.
The profile settings for my Gladius 2 keep resetting everytime i reboot my pc. The settings on my Claymore on the other hand seem to save fine, weirdly enough.
I am using AURA Sync, AURA for my strix 1080ti OC and armoury, all in their latest available versions.

I am on a Asus Prime X370-PRO board.

regards,
Lightbringer

Thanks Lightbringer, we're going to get this fixed as soon as possible. When I receive the beta version, I'll remember to pass it over to you to help test. Thanks again.

Bahz
07-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I would recommend everyone to give the new AURA beta version a test to see if it fixes the conflict issue between AURA and Armoury.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94622

Lightbringer
07-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Hi Bahz,

with the new beta version of Armoury and the new Aura version installed, it solves my problems of resetting claymore and gladius 2 profile settings.

Still, the lighting settings of the claymore are saved, but not automaticly picked up on pc startup. I have to manually open Armoury (already running due to auto start with windows) to get the lighting settings to apply to the keyboard.
Furthermore armoury keeps resetting my profile names to "profile_2" and "profile_3". I renamed profile 1 to Desktop and that one doesn't get resetted, strangly enough.
Every setting IN the profiles are saved and can be activated, but only the profile names get resetted.

care to look into that?

Greets,
Lightbringer

Ghozer
07-15-2017, 05:44 AM
This seems to have solved the profile resets on reboot, but the issues I had within Armory, it's GUI not updating, it using wmiprvse.exe excessivly, not updating current profile when setting zones individually etc, are all still present...

Bahz
07-17-2017, 04:33 AM
Thank you both for the updates, I will follow up on these issues with our peripheral team.

Ghozer
07-17-2017, 06:44 PM
it's been fine through reboots until today, I turned my PC on and once windows booted, the Mouse had changed...

Scroll wheel was Colour Cycling as it should..

Logo was solid YELLOW (I have it set to white)

Base, only had 2 LED's lit, on one side, one was blue, one was green..

as soon as I used the mouse (clicked a button) the base returned back to 'reactive' and red (how I normally have it set)

however, the logo is still Yellow, unless I go in and manually change it...

Ghozer
08-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Any more updates on this?

if I leave Armory running, and let it run on Startup, the issues with no saving the settings seems to have been resolved... (seems to, so far....)

But the issue of Armory using WmiPrvSE is still present, it's always at ~12% CPU usage

Chryss
08-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Where i found to download new beta version of Armoury ?My gladius 2 not remember calibration after reboot my pc...how reset to default setting on my mouse?with combination of buttons ?I try ..but my mouse remember all old setting end calibration wont work after reboot my pc.I set manual calibration ,save, reboot pc end dont save.

Bahz
08-28-2017, 02:03 AM
I have a newer beta version available but it's mainly for Claymore so it's an untested beta for the Gladius. I'll PM you both with a link to test to see if it has any difference.

Ghozer
08-30-2017, 05:28 PM
ok, on v 1.02.15 - excessive CPU usage by WmiPrvSE with Armory open, is now fixed, it seems to sit at 0% - 1%, not 12-15% like before...

however, all profile information is still broken, setting things how I want them, and re-booting can still result in things being forgotten, Also once they are set, switching back doesn't change the options...

Such as, select SCROLL WHEEL and CYCLE, then click BASE, the effect selection in the UI stays on "Cycle" even when selecting a new light zone, it doesn't change to what it's currently set to..

Gofran
08-30-2017, 05:39 PM
so i received today mine second gladius 2 and still the same problem aura sync music keeps suddenly freezing after few minutes no use i changed usb port same problem

so i also have rog spatha mouse and there is no issue i think its an firmware issue

Lightbringer
08-31-2017, 03:14 PM
ok, on v 1.02.15 - excessive CPU usage by WmiPrvSE with Armory open, is now fixed, it seems to sit at 0% - 1%, not 12-15% like before...

however, all profile information is still broken, setting things how I want them, and re-booting can still result in things being forgotten, Also once they are set, switching back doesn't change the options...

Such as, select SCROLL WHEEL and CYCLE, then click BASE, the effect selection in the UI stays on "Cycle" even when selecting a new light zone, it doesn't change to what it's currently set to..

I have the same issues. CPU usage is down, so that's good!

Settings in the profiles on the mouse get resetted randomly on reboot, but not on my Claymore.

Bahz
09-02-2017, 08:47 AM
I have the same issues. CPU usage is down, so that's good!

Settings in the profiles on the mouse get resetted randomly on reboot, but not on my Claymore.

Our software team is still looking into this but quite a few reports indicate the issue for Gladius is fixed and it's actually occurring for Claymore for some people. I'll share more info once I receive any updates from our software team.

Droolman
09-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Hi, i have Gladius II and its still issue i cant change or click with the mice, it look like this
https://gyazo.com/ddc7cf89d1b535aa87acf7d948096969

It happened after i updated firmware last version.. I cant click or use this mice with program Armoury, so i had to uninstalled the program and it work as fine, but without light. I want light so i need to use armoury to able light. Please fix it..

Bahz
09-04-2017, 04:11 AM
The issue has been reported and is being looked into, it appears it's a bug with the firmware that's causing this.

Ghozer
09-04-2017, 12:00 PM
The issue has been reported and is being looked into, it appears it's a bug with the firmware that's causing this.

Is that also causing the options to not change from within armory?

what I mean is..

Within lighting, if you select BASE, and set say, reactive..

then select SCROLL WHEEL, and select color cycle..

Then click back to BASE the selection doesn't jump back to what it's actually set to (reactive) - it stays on the last selection, surely it should jump to the currently selected effect?

Droolman
09-04-2017, 08:44 PM

Great, do u will info later when its fixed and ready to update firmware?

Bahz
09-05-2017, 03:05 AM
Great, do u will info later when its fixed and ready to update firmware?

I will update everyone once I receive any new updates from our team.

Bahz
09-05-2017, 03:06 AM
Is that also causing the options to not change from within armory?

what I mean is..

Within lighting, if you select BASE, and set say, reactive..

then select SCROLL WHEEL, and select color cycle..

Then click back to BASE the selection doesn't jump back to what it's actually set to (reactive) - it stays on the last selection, surely it should jump to the currently selected effect?

Let me test on mine and I'll report back if I'm also having the same issue or not.

blueglue
09-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Hi, i have Gladius II and its still issue i cant change or click with the mice, it look like this
https://gyazo.com/ddc7cf89d1b535aa87acf7d948096969

It happened after i updated firmware last version.. I cant click or use this mice with program Armoury, so i had to uninstalled the program and it work as fine, but without light. I want light so i need to use armoury to able light. Please fix it..

I have exactly the same problem. (see pic)

My Gladius II arrived on Sunday and i installed the latest Armoury which prompted the latest firmware 0180 . The mouse worked whilst the update occurred and when it finished all button cannot be changed. the middle mouse button works as a left click (sort of) and the right mouse button dims the display. Tried it on my gaming rig and laptop with the same results.
If i unplug the mouse and hold down the three main mouse buttons when plugging in it goes through the firware update again and works normal until the update is done again.
I only purchased this mouse to go with the ROG Posiedon 1080ti i purchasedas i nice colourful upgrade over my old RAT 5 mouse but is bugging the hell out of me. Especially when ive just spend 1000 on ROG products this week.

Can you not just revert to the old firmware whilst you are fixing the current issue?

Tom

lazoli
09-06-2017, 04:49 PM
I have exactly the same problem. (see pic)

My Gladius II arrived on Sunday and i installed the latest Armoury which prompted the latest firmware 0180 . The mouse worked whilst the update occurred and when it finished all button cannot be changed. the middle mouse button works as a left click (sort of) and the right mouse button dims the display. Tried it on my gaming rig and laptop with the same results.
If i unplug the mouse and hold down the three main mouse buttons when plugging in it goes through the firware update again and works normal until the update is done again.
I only purchased this mouse to go with the ROG Posiedon 1080ti i purchasedas i nice colourful upgrade over my old RAT 5 mouse but is bugging the hell out of me. Especially when ive just spend 1000 on ROG products this week.

Can you not just revert to the old firmware whilst you are fixing the current issue?

Tom

Same exact thing. Updated firmware through the new Armoury. Buttons behaved exactly like you described. Returned it and got a replacement unit thinking it was the mouse. Same issue. Called Asus support. After he made me install every single Armoury version, the very first one(1.01.08) brought back the mouse to life. Reinstalled windows and have not put back Armoury on my system again. Nothing but problems.*

Bahz
09-07-2017, 02:13 AM
I'm currently waiting for updates on this issue from our software team and will update everyone immediately once there's an alternative solution offered.

lazoli
09-07-2017, 03:34 AM
I'm currently waiting for updates on this issue from our software team and will update everyone immediately once there's an alternative solution offered.

thanks

blueglue
09-07-2017, 07:30 PM

thanks for keeping us upto date. ;)

Ive currently resorted to installing Armoury version 1.01.29 and then pressing the left right and middle mouse button in and plugging it in so the update fails. It means none of the ROG features work but i can at least use the mouse as a basic point a click device.

Should be nice when it is working and synced with my ROG Posiedon 1080ti

Bahz
09-08-2017, 02:17 AM
thanks for keeping us upto date. ;)

Ive currently resorted to installing Armoury version 1.01.29 and then pressing the left right and middle mouse button in and plugging it in so the update fails. It means none of the ROG features work but i can at least use the mouse as a basic point a click device.

Should be nice when it is working and synced with my ROG Posiedon 1080ti

Our team will provide new version soon to address this issue.

poliners
09-09-2017, 01:25 AM
So, i bought this gladius ii two weeks ago. Havent use it, the problem is that. the mouse doesbt work at all specially the buttons, EXCEPT for the right button which functions is to reduce the light from my screen.
already installed all the armoury drivers for gladius ii from the oldest to lastest driver..
and yes all the windows 10 64bit even 32biht i tried it all..
never work.
and now i see error.

please reply ASAP

Droolman
09-09-2017, 02:07 PM
So, i bought this gladius ii two weeks ago. Havent use it, the problem is that. the mouse doesbt work at all specially the buttons, EXCEPT for the right button which functions is to reduce the light from my screen.
already installed all the armoury drivers for gladius ii from the oldest to lastest driver..
and yes all the windows 10 64bit even 32biht i tried it all..
never work.
and now i see error.

please reply ASAP

Poliners, please read this thread before u write :) You got already your answer in this thread :)

santoitaliano
09-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Hi,

Same issue here :( Mouse can't do a thing..

Bahz
09-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Hi,

Same issue here :( Mouse can't do a thing..

Our team couldn't replicate this issue with their retail samples but mine has the same issue so I will pass this sample over to our team to figure out what is causing this.

Ghozer
09-12-2017, 04:02 AM
Bahz, are you specifically for mice/peripherals or do you have access to the Motherboard team too? - I have an issue I have been dealing with over reddit, but whoever i'm talking to either doesn't seem to fully understand the problem, or is getting confused somewhere, and is suggesting an RMA.... (when I believe it can be fixed simply with a driver update)

It just needs testing at Asus' end to confirm what i'm getting, then fixing....

santoitaliano
09-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Our team couldn't replicate this issue with their retail samples but mine has the same issue so I will pass this sample over to our team to figure out what is causing this.

Hi Bahz,

Let me provide some more detail, hopefully it helps.

I have a claymore and a gladius ii which i just purchased. When I initially purchased, i plugged in, all was working well. The claymore RGB was working, but the RGB on the keypad was not working. I did a software update which subsequently updated the firmware on the keyboard and mouse. They both units were functioning correctly. The software then prompted for a second firmware update. After this the keyboard continued to function properly, but the mouse started to loose function.

Now the mouse:
- Pointer motion has slowed as if i have changed the sensitivity to the lowest setting
- No buttons do anything
- Armory has no actions assigned to any buttons and i cannot change it

If i reset my mouse (hold down the three settings) RGB functionality is lost but mouse functions perfectly, until the software forces it to update again and the above is repeated.

I have temporarily disconnected and gone back to my razer mouse in the interim.

Bahz
09-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Hi Bahz,

I have a claymore and a gladius ii which i just purchased. When I initially purchased, i plugged in, all was working well. The claymore RGB was working, but the RGB on the keypad was not working. I did a software update which subsequently updated the firmware on the keyboard and mouse. They both units were functioning correctly. The software then prompted for a second firmware update. After this the keyboard continued to function properly, but the mouse started to loose function.

Now the mouse:
- Pointer motion has slowed as if i have changed the sensitivity to the lowest setting
- No buttons do anything

If i reset my mouse (hold down the three settings) RGB functionality is lost but mouse functions perfectly, until the software forces it to update again and the above is repeated.

Yes, I have the exact same issue with my unit. It's already passed over to our team and they will be looking into this immediately.

Ghozer
09-13-2017, 04:14 AM
Yes, I have the exact same issue with my unit. It's already passed over to our team and they will be looking into this immediately.

Did you see my post on the page before?

Bahz
09-13-2017, 05:11 AM
Did you see my post on the page before?

No, it seems like the issue you're dealing with isn't related to this topic? Please post the issue in another thread if it's a different issue and see if other people have this issue and if so then we can further escalate the issue over to our motherboard team or whichever team this issue is related to.

Ghozer
09-13-2017, 07:09 AM
No, it seems like the issue you're dealing with isn't related to this topic? Please post the issue in another thread if it's a different issue and see if other people have this issue and if so then we can further escalate the issue over to our motherboard team or whichever team this issue is related to.

I did post it, in the Motherboards section, but nothing ever got done with it... no resolution...

There's been a couple of issues actually...

leekimah
09-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Hi. I have issues with ROG Armoury on Gladius II. At first, the left click right click and other buttons were not assigned. Take note that I previously have a spatha. And also when i click default on the lighting section, it proceeds to wave? which is supposedly not the default lighting. And when I apply the wave lighting, the colors seem to be not moving. Thanks

leekimah
09-13-2017, 10:59 PM
I think that this is a firmware issue.

leekimah
09-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Follow up: Color cycle doesnt work too. It shows different colors but defimitely not smooth. Like changing to a different colot every 5 seconds

Bahz
09-14-2017, 01:48 AM
I did post it, in the Motherboards section, but nothing ever got done with it... no resolution...

There's been a couple of issues actually...

Please PM me with link to that topic, thanks.

Bahz
09-14-2017, 01:49 AM
Follow up: Color cycle doesnt work too. It shows different colors but defimitely not smooth. Like changing to a different colot every 5 seconds

Can you share screen shot of the FW and SW version you're using? I'll also send you a tool to test out and see if it fixes the issue for you. Thanks.

odranoir
09-14-2017, 03:13 AM
Hi Bahz,

Now the mouse:
- No buttons do anything

I also got the same problem with this, i purchased my Gladius II yesterday, when i first plug it in, the RGB on Gladius II is working and after that i installed Armory and Armory asked me to do firmware update after that :
- Pointer is Slow
- No buttons can do anything
- Armory detected Gladius II but no button can be assigned

Tried to reinstall Armory and remove the driver but no effect at all. I think this may be because of firmware, since i tried to reinstall the firmware, the mouse work for couple of seconds but after the message ok, the problem is back.
My OS is win 7 64 bit

leekimah
09-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Can you share screen shot of the FW and SW version you're using? I'll also send you a tool to test out and see if it fixes the issue for you. Thanks.

Hi Bahz. 67400
This is my screenshot.
SW is 1.02.17
FW is 0180

Thanks,
Mikhail

Bahz
09-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Hi Bahz. 67400
This is my screenshot.
SW is 1.02.17
FW is 0180

Thanks,
Mikhail

I sent you PM with the tool, please run it then restart your system. If that doesn't work then reinstall the software. Thanks.

blueglue
09-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Well im over the 14 days return policy for my mouse now. They will only replace this as a warranty claim now. Seriously why is it taking so long and what is this tool people are using? Looking at this you have at least four people with the exact same issue. Even down to the button clicks. I have a Rog motherboard, rog 1080ti and the mouse. I had to send my rog monitor back because it failed after less than a year. The support seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

odranoir
09-17-2017, 04:05 PM
I sent you PM with the tool, please run it then restart your system. If that doesn't work then reinstall the software. Thanks.

Hi Bahz, Thanks for the tool. It's working right now

blueglue
09-17-2017, 05:43 PM
I assume the tool is the same one now available on the downloads page? Im just going to try it now

blueglue
09-17-2017, 05:52 PM
The fix was released two days ago. Im sure someone would have told us eventually. https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

Ghozer
09-18-2017, 01:39 AM
The fix was released two days ago. Im sure someone would have told us eventually. https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

Just to avoid confusion, this is the fix for the FIRMWARE UPDATE FAILURE ISSUES, and NOT the Armoury profile resets etc that the thread was originally started for...

I haven't had any failed Firmware updates or issues, the mouse works, the lights work, just the profile's dont save/ work properly...

I can see i'm going to have to make a video to show, and explain exactly.... It's taken way too long to fix, I could have probably done it in a few hours, and i'm not a pro at programming..

odranoir
09-18-2017, 04:08 AM
I assume the tool is the same one now available on the downloads page? Im just going to try it now

Hi blueglue,

I think the tool is not from the download page, i already tried the new armory software and there's no fix in that.
But the tool bahz sent to me is the fix for that by resetting all to default

Ghozer
09-19-2017, 04:46 AM
You can manually attempt a firmware upgrade by running the "XX FW Update Tool" from within the Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury folder, There may also be an exe for the latest FW downloaded too, the first and only time my mouse freaked out (lights were unresponsive, I think I broke it testing and trying to figure out the bug I had) - but I ran the update tool and it fixed it...

Bahz
09-19-2017, 06:02 AM
I am told that internal testing has confirmed that Armoury 1.02.17 and AURA version 1.05.22 should already address the conflict where profiles aren't saving in Gladius II restarting system.

odranoir
09-19-2017, 08:48 AM
You can manually attempt a firmware upgrade by running the "XX FW Update Tool" from within the Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury folder, There may also be an exe for the latest FW downloaded too, the first and only time my mouse freaked out (lights were unresponsive, I think I broke it testing and trying to figure out the bug I had) - but I ran the update tool and it fixed it...

Yes i'm aware of that tool also, tried it but nothing happen until Bahz sent me the tool, i still think the problem maybe on the firmware part

Ivlin
09-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Hi all. The problem with this mouse in the game world of Warcraft. I wrote about this in another topic. Spinning the camera in the game when pinch two buttons RMB and LMB. Addressed in technical support of the game. Reinstalled OS and removed the ROG Armoury - did not help. The problem is relevant to the version 1.02.18 firmware and 0180. It may be the case in the drivers for the mouse? Installed Windows 10. Please tell me what is the problem?

Ghozer
09-19-2017, 07:21 PM
I am told that internal testing has confirmed that Armoury 1.02.17 and AURA version 1.05.22 should already address the conflict where profiles aren't saving in Gladius II restarting system.

I'm on Armoury 1.02.18 and the problem is still present, i'll update my Aura Sync software too, but will be surprised if it makes a difference as I don't have the mouse Sync'd via Aura, only via Armoury, but will report back...

Edit:
Uninstalled Aura, and installed latest (1.05.22) and I like the interface changes, and as I thought would be the case, my problems with Armoury and the mouse are still present, there's simple UI bugs that I mentioned that are still there..

Let me know, and i'll make a video if needed...

Bahz
09-20-2017, 02:50 AM
I'm on Armoury 1.02.18 and the problem is still present, i'll update my Aura Sync software too, but will be surprised if it makes a difference as I don't have the mouse Sync'd via Aura, only via Armoury, but will report back...

Edit:
Uninstalled Aura, and installed latest (1.05.22) and I like the interface changes, and as I thought would be the case, my problems with Armoury and the mouse are still present, there's simple UI bugs that I mentioned that are still there..

Let me know, and i'll make a video if needed...

It would be great if you can since I was told by our team that the Armoury issue is fixed, I'm getting mixed feedback from different users.

Ghozer
09-20-2017, 05:44 PM
It would be great if you can since I was told by our team that the Armoury issue is fixed, I'm getting mixed feedback from different users.

I will do later, however...

I booted up this morning, and Aura now has issues similar to Armoury, it didn't turn on my LED's when I booted up, I opened Aura and it hadn't remembered my settings, had board / GPU and DRAM selected, but I don't sync my DRAM with Aura...

Also, when I select certain effects, they aren't working properly, such as, if I select RED and a slow fade/pulse, as the light fades out, then back on, the WHITE will flash inbetween cycles, it doesn't matter what colour I choose, or what effect, it seems to randomly keep pulsing WHITE in the background regardless of anything else that's set...

so, things are worse now, than they were before....

i'll try and get a video up in the next couple of days!

Ghozer
09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
I booted up today, the Lights in my case / GPU / motherboard didn't com on (not worked since updating Aura) - I opened Armoury a little later, to make the video (as said above) and Suddenly, all my lights have come on.... RED, with white pulsing (similar to my bug above) - but they have come on, ODD since I opened Armoury, and NOT Aura....

Working on doing video...

Ivlin
09-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Good afternoon all. Tell me please in some games sometimes happen is a "sticking" of LMB and RMB of buttons of this mouse. Especially it is noticeable in the game world of warcraft when to clamp at the same time two buttons. I tried to connect this mouse to other computer without installation of drivers - the problem remains.
What is the problem?
Armoury 1.02.18
FW 0180

Bahz
09-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Good afternoon all. Tell me please in some games sometimes happen is a "sticking" of LMB and RMB of buttons of this mouse. Especially it is noticeable in the game world of warcraft when to clamp at the same time two buttons. I tried to connect this mouse to other computer without installation of drivers - the problem remains.
What is the problem?
Armoury 1.02.18
FW 0180

I don't think we received any other reports of this issue, but it's kind of strange to have both buttons having this issue. I'm guessing you may have two defective switches but that would be very highly unlikely. I've been using this mouse for some time and I don't have this issue at all.

Ivlin
09-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. I tried to change the switches did not help. Now I am trying to use the mouse with reset settings (LMB+RMB+scroll when connected to the computer and removed armoury) is working fine. Strange but I think that it is in the firmware.

Ivlin
09-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Without a program and with a full mouse reset in the game world of warcraft no problem. But now the mouse is not lit and I cannot configure the dpi and 6-th and 7-th mouse button. Without a program they don't work. I think it's a problem in the firmware or software for the mouse.

Ivlin
09-22-2017, 05:21 PM
guys help me please to solve the problem. Or just have to wait for new firmware or software?
MB - Asus Rampage iv formula (bios 5001)
MB on the second computer - Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 (bios 2901)
both have windows 10 (64) The problem with this mouse on two computers the same. With a full reboot (LMB+RMB+scroll when you connect) and remove armoury in the game world of warcraft, the mouse works fine but without the backlight and additional buttons.

_____
Maybe it's a conflict between the Razer synapse and ROG Armoury? Because I use keyboard and gamepad from razer.

Ghozer
09-24-2017, 05:47 PM

I have now made a video, showing both the Aura issue (not lighting on boot, not saving settings etc) and the issues i'm talking about with Armoury..

My system specs are set up in here, under my name to the left (obv ;) )

I have PM'd you the link for the video on my google drive...

- Thanks

Bahz
09-25-2017, 08:36 AM
I have now made a video, showing both the Aura issue (not lighting on boot, not saving settings etc) and the issues i'm talking about with Armoury..

My system specs are set up in here, under my name to the left (obv ;) )

I have PM'd you the link for the video on my google drive...

- Thanks

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this, I'll make sure our software team reviews this video can find a way to replicate and patch these issues.

Ghozer
09-25-2017, 09:52 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this, I'll make sure our software team reviews this video can find a way to replicate and patch these issues.

Thanks, no worries, glad to help :)

I love Asus products (always have) and want them to be at their best...

I await feedback on all the issues :)

Ivlin
09-27-2017, 11:34 PM
After long trials I learned. If you change any settings in the program and save the changes, the mouse works fine in games. When I turn on the computer, I need to open the software to change the setting (for example, assign a button or change the response time of a button or something else), and only then start the game. Because if this is not done then the games will have problems with sticking the buttons. What is it? The weapon version is 1.0.218, and the firmware version is 0180.

Ghozer
09-28-2017, 12:10 AM
After long trials I learned. If you change any settings in the program and save the changes, the mouse works fine in games. When I turn on the computer, I need to open the software to change the setting (for example, assign a button or change the response time of a button or something else), and only then start the game. Because if this is not done then the games will have problems with sticking the buttons. What is it? The weapon version is 1.0.218, and the firmware version is 0180.

Sounds similar to my issue of set profiles not saving (or loading?) On startup.... that i believe is also (at least partly) related to the other issue with the UI not updating current effect selection when zones are unsynchd.

Ivlin
09-28-2017, 07:16 AM
It looks like this software problem.

Gofran
09-28-2017, 10:26 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1k...ew?usp=sharing see here the vid with mine issue

Ivlin
09-29-2017, 04:17 PM

Dear company Asus. when do you fix the bugs of the software?
Just technical support in my country (Russia) does not answer me. I understand that this is a forum of enthusiasts, I apologize, but I do not know where to write.

Ivlin
10-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm tired of dealing with this problem (sticking RMB or LMB mouse in the game). Did anyone try to play with this mouse in World of Warcraft? Because this problem is only in this game. The technical support of the game says that this is a problem in the mouse. In other games there are no problems. I do not know what to do. It helps only one thing - a complete reset of the mouse (RMB + LMB + scroll when connected). I wrote about this.

Ghozer
10-09-2017, 02:18 PM

any news or updates on my issue(s)?

I have left things alone since creating the video, the mouse always starts WITHOUT the scroll-wheel lit, and my case lights seem to randomly either come on, not come on at all, or do the weird red/white flashing that was in the video...

It seems, that ANY colour on 'STATIC' makes it pulse colour/white... and I really cannot figure that one out....

HanaLover
04-14-2018, 05:47 PM
I'm tired of dealing with this problem (sticking RMB or LMB mouse in the game).

i have the exact same proplem in almost everywhere "Overwatch, League of Legends, ..."

this is really annoying for me, specially for high ranks like 4100 or 4200 in Overwatch

i have a full set of ROG and i still love my G502 Spectrum, but this ROG Gladius II bug is really annoying for me, maybe i have to change it to other mices like Razer DeathAdder or something

MasterC@ROG
04-17-2018, 04:37 AM
i have the exact same proplem in almost everywhere "Overwatch, League of Legends, ..."

this is really annoying for me, specially for high ranks like 4100 or 4200 in Overwatch

i have a full set of ROG and i still love my G502 Spectrum, but this ROG Gladius II bug is really annoying for me, maybe i have to change it to other mices like Razer DeathAdder or something

Can you provide a list of games (5 or so) we can try to replicate?
Are you using the latest firmware and Armoury?

Tried swapping out the switches (extra ones are supplied), or connecting to different USB ports? (avoid USB hubs or front-panel ports if possible)

HanaLover
05-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Can you provide a list of games (5 or so) we can try to replicate?
Are you using the latest firmware and Armoury?

Tried swapping out the switches (extra ones are supplied), or connecting to different USB ports? (avoid USB hubs or front-panel ports if possible)

sorry for my late replay, and yes im using the latest updates and bios updates, i tried everything (my mobo is ROG Crosshair VI Hero), its not about only sticking bottoms, this mice is full of bugs, here are some of them:

if i sync all ROG devices together (ROG Claymore, ROG Crosshair VI Hero, ROG Poseidon, ROG Gladius), after around 10-30 min, the effect will freeze and nothing but rebooting system can fix it. (this happen only when i sync ROG Gladius II)

if there is a something like "Reactive" effect on my mice, and i activate Sync such "Breathing", both effects will work together! (Breathing + Reactive together which i dont like)

sticking bottons is one of the most annoying bugs in this mice which its not physical, its about Software.

when the mice has some effects, its actually a Noise-Sound on the Rear of the mice which is Weird.

when the mice LEDs are on Pure White (255 / 255 / 255), the mice go so HOT! like holy hell how its even possible, first time i see something like this on Computer Peripherals

Everything (Bios / Armoury / Aura (1.06.29)) are on the latest update (5/28/2018)

MasterC@ROG
05-29-2018, 03:57 AM
For any Aura Sync issues, please post a thread in the ASUS Software section.

As for the sticky buttons, did you open the Gladius II to swap out the switches? When placing the cover back on, make sure to slide the front of the mouse in place correctly before closing the back. If this is not done properly, the scroll wheel and L/R buttons may not work as they should. We are still trying to replicate this, please follow this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102029-ROG-Gladius-II-2-Left-amp-Right-Mouseclick-Bug

What kind of sound is coming from the mouse? Buzzing? I haven't been able to hear anything yet.

Where is the mouse hot? Perhaps you have a faulty mouse, my Gladius II doesn't even feel warm.

mcleod52
05-31-2018, 05:43 PM
I couldn't be any happier with my Gladius II. Works smoothly, syncs with other ROG devices and no heat issue. One of the best mice I've every had (if not the best).

Stew