PDA

View Full Version : system spec in profile

theoneandonlymrk
01-14-2012, 01:49 PM
just a sugestion but being able to note someones system spec is quite handy in helping situations and in looking up similar sytems and fixes etc for your own pc, it also instantaneously allows people to comment on where an issue may lie and would do away with a millioin ""can you post your spec"" posts all in a good feature, can haves pls:)

chrsplmr
01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Click on Settings--
Look down the left column--
Click on Signature.. edit as you wish.
This will then appear at the bottom of all your posts
(You can include an image upto 100x500) in the
area that says Project:Black&Red below.

If you are unable at this point..it is temp.
until you are verified. (not a spammer)
(They are still Tweak'n the Settings--)

Welcome New ROG Member TheOneAndOnlyMrk ... and you are
exactly correct.............Yes it is.c.

Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS http://rog.asus.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64381#post64381)

All new members cannot set an avatar until a minimum of 5 posts and have been a member 5 days. At which time your account is automatically upgraded to verified member giving you access to all the forum functions :)

Reaper-S117
01-18-2012, 11:45 PM
that would be good, and they can do it with a plugin that scans your hardware if you want it to just like XFIRE or if you wish you can manually input

chrsplmr
01-19-2012, 12:16 AM
security security security...i think the plug-in thing .... nix.. just guessing.

Put ur rig specs in your sig..as a member... and you ARE Plugged-IN ..
most times very quickly...and no security worries....ask, answer, learn or teach.ROG.c.

HiVizMan
01-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I am so keen for system spec to be mandatory before any one can actually make a post. It would add an extra layer of effort for the spam artists and make support for users so much easier. Oh the joy of not having to ask what hardware are you using. :)

chrsplmr
01-19-2012, 12:45 AM
That would be a good rule..and a first good faith effort on the part of the new members...yes..to that.

as i say that..i look down ... and i took my specs out of my sig..now its more of a Location..hahah..
a ROG state of mind...ahhahaa..

DaemonCantor
01-19-2012, 01:21 AM
I did have my Specs in my signature till I got told my system was garbage by a certain user and was advised to remove the Specs from my sig by Brian@asus. I guess a Crosshair IV Formula wasn't good enough to list.

_
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
We're aiming to overhaul the profile page this year and system specs will be a major factor that will be receiving an achievement as incentive. We can't make it mandatory as some people just don't know what they have or come here to learn more about ROG before they buy :)