PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ color problems

hefal
06-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Hey,
I know it's an old laptop but I can't use it properly and I'm stuck :(
Colors are way way off - they are shifted beyond my ability to correct them in Intel Control Panel -> Color Settings (Hue and Curves).
And I bought this laptop mainly for my photo/video editing on the go ( let's say "on the go" ;) ).
Can anyone help me with that? I'll have color calibration tool in a month so until then I'm trying to figure this out. I read this laptop has good color representation - but it's definetly the worst of all computers, laptops and monitors I have.

I found this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36153-Personal-Color-Profile-for-the-Chi-Mei-173HGE/page5
But I cannot download anything - and I think this is my last resort before I just give up and sell it. Can anyone help me with that?

best regards.

navis995
06-29-2017, 11:55 AM
The easiest way to fix such problem is to reinstall your Windows by that you are ensuring you're deleting all of the old settings Windows has set up and possibly mess up with the colours.

I myself have been the user of G750JZ since 2014 and since never had any major issues. The problem you say you have might have to do with the program Asus sometimes installs on the system called Asus Splendid Screen. That can mess up with the colours since it changes the colour temperature and makes your screen more red/blue as perceived by that temperature range. Similar program that does something similar is Flux.

If you're sure you're not using any of the programs that cause screen colour change because of the eye strain or what ever then try to reformat your Windows. I have hard time believing your screen is the worse you've seen unless something is really wrong with the device itself.

Eleiyas
06-29-2017, 12:06 PM
Totally agree with @Navis995

Maybe a couple of photos of the problem would help :)

hefal
07-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Hey,
sorry for delay - i didn't get notification :)

The problem is with hue probably - but not all colors - so something is messed up. If I use extended screen to my iPad or my other screen in my second laptop (far from perfect) - everything is shifted by couple of notches to the greens - but not all colors. If I mess wit hue options in Intel tools (of course everything in it is turned off color/power/anything wise) and set it to around 350 on a 0-360 scale (so backwards) and mess with curves a bit I can get somewhere near BUT some colors are shifted too much and some not enough.
Best example would be a movie - PotPlayer uses system color management - VLC - built in. VLC looks like it should, PotPlayer - no. Whole system is off a bit (chrome, explorer). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Splendid, tried use profiles from it directly in Color Management in Win10. I tried profile from notebookcheck.net - and still it's off.

I'm a guy that likes to repair things - but right now I spent more then 20 hours searching for an answer and your advice - about reinstalling a whole system - is my only choice right now I think :<

Anyway thank you for answers. Cheers!

Eleiyas
07-11-2017, 07:56 PM
EDIT: Please answer these first, then see below.

Have you always had this problem?
Is it only occurring recently?
Is the laptop a recent purchase, or an old purchase?

------------------------------------------
Again photos would help :)

However, this issue seems a bit strange. My initial diagnosis would have been a dying EDP/LVDS cable (that links mainboard to display), or perhaps a dying display - but seeing as you say that it's the same deal when linked to an external monitor, the only thing I can think of is that the internal graphics chip might be on its way out.

If that's the case, then you're going to need a new mainboard :/

Eleiyas
07-14-2017, 09:42 AM
no idea why the thread was closed...