PDA

View Full Version : Possible to Enable G752VY Intel Integrated Graphics ?

Kahoh
07-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Hi,
Because I used to have a laptop with optimus working really fine and moreover because I am sometimes using this computer for BOINC I really would like to know if there was any way to activate this integrated graphics. For BOINC it's a big loss in term of computation power and for me it's also a loss for the use of the computer.
I mean that my old pc, with these integrated graphics and a Nvidia GT630M is better than this one to swap between my game and my Windows desktop.

CladMaster
07-03-2017, 08:58 AM
The Intel GPU has been disabled in the G752 series models.

I am not sure of the reason(s), but they all support the G-SYNC spec for the built in screens with the GeForce / nVidia GPU.

I have another laptop that has both the Intel and GeForce GPU's, and I find that the laptop has some issues when changing between the two when entering or leaving a game.
I not sure it it's a driver issue or something else, still looking into it.

pigulici
07-03-2017, 11:41 AM
From what I know, my g752vy(with 980m) have intel vga disabled by Asus, and the customer can't enabled...

Clintlgm
07-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Yes this is correct, some other notebooks do have both you might look at the spec's. not sure but maybe some of the GL models. As far as gaming Notebooks G model Asus tried this with some of the G750 and it was nothing but troubles go back and look up some of the old threads on it. If you have to have it you should buy an notebook that states in the sect's that it has it. As I stated earlier the Gaming G Series notebooks Asus did produce with optimus just were problematic as I remember since the protocol is for the switch to be automatic the guys were having lots of issues getting there games to run on the dedicated GPU's. So your answer is Check out which notebooks have the option and purchase one of those. As there is no hack to open up the integrated GPU on the CPU in G752 VY's. This issue has come up since my time with Asus Gaming computer in 2012 lots of people has asked, then with the G750 and some of the G751 that had it and people complained.

Kahoh
07-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Oh so it's a hardware modification to disable it, right ?

Clintlgm
07-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Yes you would have to solder on a new CPU that actually has the Integrated GPU in the Die. The ones that Asus is purchasing do not have it at all. Money savings and less issues with these Gaming notebooks.

Kahoh
07-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Oh, so i will just forget this idea. I hoped it was maybe just disabled in the bios or something like that, but this is a cpu without the option ookay.
Thanks for all your answers.
In the future I should composed a desktop computer, like that less restrictions :/

(and no link, but why did they replaced my backlighted keyboard with a one without backlight, i had to resend it again t_t)