PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G74SX Fraps FPS Drop?

fearfromtron
01-14-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm a 2 month user of the G74SX-BBK7 and I must say, I love it. The ability this laptop has to play games is just ridiculous. My only complaint/issue with it is that upon frapsing, in most games, The fps drops, goes up, drops, goes back up and I'm talking like a 40 frame difference in between. I have two partitions (merged the two on the secondary HDD) and they're both plentiful with space. I mean I reformatted the computer like 3 weeks ago and after I reformatted it worked perfect but out of nowhere it stopped frapsing the way it used to. Can someone PLEASE help me?!!!!!

Love you guys

Tickwomp
01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
It's not Fraps- and probably not the computer- it's the games. I get the same FPS drops in some games. If your drivers are up to date and your games are patched I wouldn't blame your Asus, I would blame the games. Skyrim is one of those that runs at 60 for me until I look at a torch then I get about 2 FPS. Portal 2, however, runs at a a capped 60 FPS and never hangs, drops, or changes at all according to Fraps.

List the games specifically that do this, and especially when. If the answer is "Crysis when I aim down the sights and shoot" or "Skyrim in dungeons when I look at fire" then close the book, those games are broken.

fearfromtron
01-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Well it happens in simple games such as League of Legends or Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

fuzon1337
01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi there your not the only one with frame drops in the game LoL I've tried to help this other guy without any good solution to fix that :( but since you get the frame drop in gta also, you could check out this thread ( http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it&highlight=throttle) about cpu throttling and see if that helps :)