PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestion for my broken hdd slot on my Asus G752VY

BL_11
07-13-2017, 10:20 AM
My hdd is broken and want some suggestion on what I should replace it with.

Eleiyas
07-13-2017, 10:48 AM
The actual hard drive is psychically broken, or it just has bad sectors?

BL_11
07-13-2017, 11:21 AM
The actual hard drive is psychically broken, or it just has bad sectors?

How to check?

Clintlgm
07-13-2017, 12:35 PM
The drive manufacture all have diagnostic tools on there websites. you Can download HD Tune the pro version you have to pay, Basically the drive manufacture is your best resource on determining failure. Replacement for spinners is fairly cheap now days.

If its an SSD, more likely your windows or boot manager is corrupted and you just need to run a repair install you might have to do it several times to repair boot manager and files on your SSD I believe in windows 10 they call it refresh

Eleiyas
07-13-2017, 12:55 PM
How to check?

Well, I ask because in your main post, you do say:

''my hdd is broken'' - I'm basically asking you to explain in what context is it broken?

Clintlgm
07-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Open the bottom door and have a look, its not likely physically broken unless you did something to it. There is no way for it to break itself inside the notebook. Be sure to put a towel down before you flip it over to protect the top finish.
If you don't feel confident to do this your self you'll be money ahead to take it to a shop and have it done for you. Or RMA it. I wouldn't RMA a notebook for a crashed hard drive. Shipping alone is more than the cost of a spinner hard drive.

Also Your Manual explains to remove the bottom cover Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support) you can download it from here

fastfurious1969
07-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Hi my Asus ROG laptop had bean to RMA because keyboard issues receive it back but Asus didn't install the factory partion ? It has windows 10 but not the factory settings etc ! Can someone tell me how can I access factory partion please ?
Thanks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Clintlgm
07-15-2017, 03:06 AM
All Asus software and drivers are in your eSupport folder on the Root of your C:\ Drive

Eleiyas
07-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Hi my Asus ROG laptop had bean to RMA because keyboard issues receive it back but Asus didn't install the factory partion ? It has windows 10 but not the factory settings etc ! Can someone tell me how can I access factory partion please ?
Thanks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

please make a new thread, seeing as this is a different topic.

I will gladly reply there :)