PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG Centurion Headset Update?

Gaz936
07-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Good day Bahz...

Would it be possible for you to give us all an update on the situation with the Centurion headset?

How did your testing go and have the engineering team made any head way?

Many thanks...

Gaz

xeromist
07-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Hi Gaz,

Did you see his post in the other thread and get your information sent? I'm guessing you have since you were posting in the other thread. Just wanting to make sure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91115-Rog-Centurion-Headset-mic-is-shocking&p=662420&viewfull=1#post662420

Gaz936
07-28-2017, 11:27 AM
Hi Gaz,

Did you see his post in the other thread and get your information sent? I'm guessing you have since you were posting in the other thread. Just wanting to make sure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91115-Rog-Centurion-Headset-mic-is-shocking&p=662420&viewfull=1#post662420

Hi Xeromist...

Thanks for the message, yes I had seen Bahz's response and he has all my details. But thanks for checking

Choatis
08-04-2017, 06:35 AM
I too would like an update please.

j4rp0
08-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi all, i sent Bahz the required information to go the hardware way to fix the mic, and i've been keeping an eye on the forum to be informed on any updates.

Today i've recieved a package from china (lighter and smaller than de Centurion original box) but i had to decline the package due to not knowing what it was, and because of taxes in my country, if i would have accepted the package, i would have to pay close to 50 .

Thanks to the tracking number i've find out that it was sent August 1st from DONGGUAN - CHINA.

I'm sorry for not having any more information, and maybe it's not related at all with this, but it's the only cause i manage to find.

Ljugtomten
08-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Hi

Out of the blue, I also recieved a package from china today (got an SMS from DHL earlier this week that a package was on its way and required me to sign for it).
Thoght it was some crap I ordered for myself or my GF from wish.com / aliexpress but it was a brand new Centurion headset (only the headset part, not the base).

I have not tried it out yet, but I can confirm that only one of the holes in the microphone is open.

Ljugtomten
08-05-2017, 12:11 AM
I have tried the headset for a few hours now, I made no changes in my settings (only disconnected the old headset and connected the new that arrived today)

The sound is much clearer, confirmed both from friends in Discord and when I performed a local recording.
So it would seem like it was a hardware flaw in the old versions that have been corrected in this new one.

Choatis
08-05-2017, 02:47 AM
So after sending your details to Bahz did he reply or respond in any way at all? I really hope they are sending a brand new headset to everybody that would make the painful wait worth it.

HarathAU
08-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Hi all, i sent Bahz the required information to go the hardware way to fix the mic, and i've been keeping an eye on the forum to be informed on any updates.

Today i've recieved a package from china (lighter and smaller than de Centurion original box) but i had to decline the package due to not knowing what it was, and because of taxes in my country, if i would have accepted the package, i would have to pay close to 50 .

Thanks to the tracking number i've find out that it was sent August 1st from DONGGUAN - CHINA.

I'm sorry for not having any more information, and maybe it's not related at all with this, but it's the only cause i manage to find.

it is the headset i got mine the other day in a strange box from china also

morph.
08-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Today i've recieved a package from china (lighter and smaller than de Centurion original box) but i had to decline the package due to not knowing what it was, and because of taxes in my country, if i would have accepted the package, i would have to pay close to 50€ .

What was the turn around time, from messaging Bahz to receiving the replacement in the mail?

Anyone know what change the revised headset provided is? Extra perforated mic holes?

Bahz
08-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Sorry for the late updates, we were preparing the process internally. Some of you have already received the new headset with revised microphone. We're treating this case by case so we if you sent in your information, we'll be shipping you a new headset direct from the factory. The audio quality is significantly improved, I tested it in recent weeks and made some recordings over discord with OBS.

Below are the recommended settings based on my testing with friends while playing CS:GO:

60-80% microphone volume is most optimized with this microphone
ENC enabled
Noise gate adjusted to the second bar from the bottom
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%
Compressor levels using default levels (communication profile)

Gaz936
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the late updates, we were preparing the process internally. Some of you have already received the new headset with revised microphone. We're treating this case by case so we if you sent in your information, we'll be shipping you a new headset direct from the factory. The audio quality is significantly improved, I tested it in recent weeks and made some recordings over discord with OBS.

Below are the recommended settings based on my testing with friends while playing CS:GO:

ENC enabled
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%

Thanks for the heads up Bahz, will test tonight...

morph.
08-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Thanks Bahz looking forward in receiving mine in the near future any idea how long that will take?

Is this microphone volume in windows control panel sound output? or in Sonic studio? As this can be adjusted independently I believe.

Bahz
08-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Thanks Bahz looking forward in receiving mine in the near future any idea how long that will take?

Is this microphone volume in windows control panel sound output? or in Sonic studio? As this can be adjusted independently I believe.

Should take 3-5 business days before we ship out after I provide the list update.

The software and control box are linked to the windows volume control, so it's the same, but for me I set the volume using control box then adjusted again inside the software to 65% which was believed to be the perfect level according to my friends.

morph.
08-09-2017, 01:32 AM
Should take 3-5 business days before we ship out after I provide the list update.

The software and control box are linked to the windows volume control, so it's the same, but for me I set the volume using control box then adjusted again inside the software to 65% which was believed to be the perfect level according to my friends.

Great Bahz! Now I'm just hoping something can be done about the sub driver not being activated in Stereo mode! Any idea if there is anything being investigated about this internally?

Thanks!

Bahz
08-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Great Bahz! Now I'm just hoping something can be done about the sub driver not being activated in Stereo mode! Any idea if there is anything being investigated about this internally?

Thanks!

I believe you already have posted in another thread regarding this issue, please wait for further updates from the rep that's handling this. Thanks.

morph.
08-09-2017, 03:22 AM
I believe you already have posted in another thread regarding this issue, please wait for further updates from the rep that's handling this. Thanks.

No worries thanks Bahz, BIll seems to just be responding to the "tinny" sound issue not sure if he caught on about the subwoofer speaker not being active even in stereo.

morph.
08-09-2017, 10:19 AM

Hey Bahz, tested this out..

With my system win 10 x64 I can confirm the control panel mic level input is not linked to the sonic studio (record level in Sonic studio is much lower than record level of the mic in the control panel):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw0jWWxpDhlhNDNBcU5meVhLSG8

Ljugtomten
08-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Hi
I recieved the new headset last week, and today I recieved an invoice from DHL to pay for customs (as it was wisely sent directly from China and not within EU).
The amount DHL require is 236,50SEK which is 24 in Euro or $27 in USD.
When and how will ASUS compensate for this, as I have already paid for the product one upon purchase and no information have been given that I might have to pay for customs when you send a replacement to correct flaws in the original product?

Bahz
08-15-2017, 03:45 AM
Hi
I recieved the new headset last week, and today I recieved an invoice from DHL to pay for customs (as it was wisely sent directly from China and not within EU).
The amount DHL require is 236,50SEK which is 24 in Euro or $27 in USD.
When and how will ASUS compensate for this, as I have already paid for the product one upon purchase and no information have been given that I might have to pay for customs when you send a replacement to correct flaws in the original product?

As mentioned previously our team is working with DHL to get this worked out, please be patient as DHL has this corrected and they will provide the refund to you. I will follow up on this again with our contact window to find out when they will be able to process the refunds.

Filodream
08-15-2017, 03:52 PM
What did you receive exactly?
Just a new headset, or an entire new kit (with another amp-base)?
Thanks.

Bahz
08-16-2017, 03:15 AM
It's supposed to be headset only and our customer service team will arrange to collect back the old headset

lazoli
08-21-2017, 12:31 AM
My headset will be here tomorrow. Should I return it or just wait for the software based fix? Please need help.

Bahz
08-21-2017, 01:19 AM
My headset will be here tomorrow. Should I return it or just wait for the software based fix? Please need help.

If you just purchased the headset recently and you're worried about this issue then I would recommend to return it for refund and wait about 2 months (to be safe) as the stock in the market is refreshed before purchasing again.

lazoli
08-21-2017, 01:32 AM
If you just purchased the headset recently and you're worried about this issue then I would recommend to return it for refund and wait about 2 months (to be safe) as the stock in the market is refreshed before purchasing again.

Yes, it'll be delivered tomorrow. If I only knew before I placed the order :( I'll send it back and and wait. Thank you.*

PS: Sent you a pm if you can give me a quick answer for some other question I have. *

Bahz
08-24-2017, 12:51 PM
I wanted to give an update for everyone that we're supposed to collect back the headsets first before we ship out the replacements. The first batch that was sent out was done backwards where the replacement was shipped out to customers then our service team contacted customers to collect back the headset. I noted this to our audio team after the first customer confirmed he received the headset but is still holding on to his previous headset. Unfortunately we can't offer this method which is more so like advanced RMA, but unfortunately this can't be done so we're correcting the process and will require you to send back the unit first before we can direct ship the replacement to you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Valle
08-25-2017, 12:11 PM
I wanted to give an update for everyone that we're supposed to collect back the headsets first before we ship out the replacements. The first batch that was sent out was done backwards where the replacement was shipped out to customers then our service team contacted customers to collect back the headset. I noted this to our audio team after the first customer confirmed he received the headset but is still holding on to his previous headset. Unfortunately we can't offer this method which is more so like advanced RMA, but unfortunately this can't be done so we're correcting the process and will require you to send back the unit first before we can direct ship the replacement to you.

will you be sending out boxes with a slip ready for us to send in the old headset?

Bruc3
08-28-2017, 12:16 AM

That's not good. Now we'll be headset-less for how long? A week? a few days?

Sidequestion;
Do you just need the headset itself or do you need the box, soundcard etc. ?

Bahz
08-28-2017, 01:20 AM
The process to collect back the headset will take only 1-2 days and the replacement also take a few days only because it's shipped out by DHL express. They will provide full instructions on what to ship back, from what I know it's only the headset itself without the control box.

Valle
08-28-2017, 08:58 PM
The process to collect back the headset will take only 1-2 days and the replacement also take a few days only because it's shipped out by DHL express. They will provide full instructions on what to ship back, from what I know it's only the headset itself without the control box.

how will they contact me with instructions? By mail or email?

gnrhosh
08-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Well sort of glad I did the RMA now...

Just to provide some feedback to the issues I had on my headset. Background **** I normally use the Sennheiser GAME ONE for the past few years, but was looking to get back into true 7.1 for FPS on my gamer after it had matured more over the years. (My last true 7.1was from turtle beach when they first come out years ago, and it broke in one ear for one of the channels just after warranty ended.) The Sennheiser HMD 280 was my first headset from them and I have not been disappointed yet. ****

Running windows 7 x64 enterprise with the latest version of the software and firmware as of 8/25/2017. Run tests on it connected to USB 2.0 and 3.0 with no changes.

If I left all of the settings on the right turned to off and just adjusted the levels of the individual speaker groups the headset sounded pretty darn good.
Tried the below settings from the recommendation:

ENC enabled
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%
The ENC, Noise Gate, and the Microphone volume did not cause issues with the audio, but once I started messing with compression and voice clarity for some reason the game audio from the speakers became tinny and not a pleasure to hear. Multiple games (Factorio, WOWS, Borderlands 1&2, and BF1) It did not matter if I rebooted my computer or not, it was still tinny, so turned both of those off.

I also tried some of the ideals from the other post and still nothing. It sounded like if I changed anything on the settings on the right it messed with the audio I was getting from the headset. It is like the software needs to be modified so that any settings you change need only change the speakers and then have another tab or section for just changes to the mic and not the audio.

Will send a PM so that I am notified once the stock has been updated to try one more time.

Bahz
08-30-2017, 02:43 AM
Well sort of glad I did the RMA now...

Just to provide some feedback to the issues I had on my headset. Background **** I normally use the Sennheiser GAME ONE for the past few years, but was looking to get back into true 7.1 for FPS on my gamer after it had matured more over the years. (My last true 7.1was from turtle beach when they first come out years ago, and it broke in one ear for one of the channels just after warranty ended.) The Sennheiser HMD 280 was my first headset from them and I have not been disappointed yet. ****

Running windows 7 x64 enterprise with the latest version of the software and firmware as of 8/25/2017. Run tests on it connected to USB 2.0 and 3.0 with no changes.

If I left all of the settings on the right turned to off and just adjusted the levels of the individual speaker groups the headset sounded pretty darn good.
Tried the below settings from the recommendation:

ENC enabled
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%
The ENC, Noise Gate, and the Microphone volume did not cause issues with the audio, but once I started messing with compression and voice clarity for some reason the game audio from the speakers became tinny and not a pleasure to hear. Multiple games (Factorio, WOWS, Borderlands 1&2, and BF1) It did not matter if I rebooted my computer or not, it was still tinny, so turned both of those off.

I also tried some of the ideals from the other post and still nothing. It sounded like if I changed anything on the settings on the right it messed with the audio I was getting from the headset. It is like the software needs to be modified so that any settings you change need only change the speakers and then have another tab or section for just changes to the mic and not the audio.

Will send a PM so that I am notified once the stock has been updated to try one more time.

I wanted to confirm that you already have the replacement with revised microphone? Those settings are meant for the version with the revised microphone.

Bahz
08-30-2017, 02:44 AM
how will they contact me with instructions? By mail or email?

They will contact you by phone to arrange the collection of the headset, after the headset is collected back then we will ship the headset replacement to you direct from the factory by DHL express.

Bahz
08-30-2017, 02:46 AM
will you be sending out boxes with a slip ready for us to send in the old headset?

I believe they will only arrange time to pick up the headset but if you need a box then you need to check with DHL to see if they can provide you with one.

Bahz
09-11-2017, 01:15 PM
For all those who have provided all the information over to me and I have confirmed that you're on the list, our service team should contact you within this week. For all those who did not receive a call from our service team, please send me a PM again with the same information you previously provided me and I will follow up with our service team.

jaat96
09-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Have anyone been called by the service team yet?

Bahz
09-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Have anyone been called by the service team yet?

I got back an updated list and it looks like they have called most people. Please note that if you provided a landline number, they will call during business hours and their SMS won't work since it's a landline. Again for all those who haven't heard back yet, please provide me with the same information again and please make sure you include your mobile number. Thanks.

Pr0reaper
10-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Any updates about this hardware fix?

I submitted my details but haven't heard anything back yet.

Whats the usual amount of time before someone gets contacted?

Im itching to get this headset replaced.

Thanks!

Valle
10-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Any updates about this hardware fix?

I submitted my details but haven't heard anything back yet.

Whats the usual amount of time before someone gets contacted?

Im itching to get this headset replaced.

Thanks!

Same here*

amoredipipa
10-03-2017, 06:56 AM
I am looking forward to the withdrawal from September 2nd, the day I sent the data as requested .....
I solicited several times and every time I was promised the following week ....
I think I have had a lot of patience, it is an unacceptable behavior for a premium product ......
I'm very disappointed with how Asus treats its customers

Abildhauge
10-04-2017, 04:40 PM
My first message to Bahz was July 29. Bahz has repeatedly thrown the auto response. You will be contacted within a weeks time.... That is now about 8 weeks time ago, and I for one am quite frustrated with Asus.

At first this seemed like a perfect solution and well managed customer service by ASUS. Now I just wish I had done the RMA with my retailer, got a refund and looked elsewhere.

This truely tars my previous positive experiences with ASUS premium products.

Bruc3
10-04-2017, 06:28 PM
My first message to Bahz was July 29. Bahz has repeatedly thrown the auto response. You will be contacted within a weeks time.... That is now about 8 weeks time ago, and I for one am quite frustrated with Asus.

At first this seemed like a perfect solution and well managed customer service by ASUS. Now I just wish I had done the RMA with my retailer, got a refund and looked elsewhere.

This truely tars my previous positive experiences with ASUS premium products.

Same here. Been told in PM that I will get contacted soon. Nothing yet. No email or phone call, at all.

I think we should be compensated due the 3 month waiting time.

Bahz
10-05-2017, 07:53 AM
I have escalated each case to our audio team where I received a PM from you regarding not getting a call from the service team but unfortunately it appears that local service resources are limited and the list has become a lot longer than they originally predicted. Today is my last day on the ROG forum as an ASUS employee, for future support please contact MasterC@ASUS and he will further assist you. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope that our audio team can work out the issues with the service team and have them contact all pending users on the list as soon as possible.

Shanester
10-08-2017, 12:31 AM
I have escalated each case to our audio team where I received a PM from you regarding not getting a call from the service team but unfortunately it appears that local service resources are limited and the list has become a lot longer than they originally predicted. Today is my last day on the ROG forum as an ASUS employee, for future support please contact MasterC@ASUS and he will further assist you. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope that our audio team can work out the issues with the service team and have them contact all pending users on the list as soon as possible.

Well...that's just great.

Shanester
10-08-2017, 12:36 AM
I am looking forward to the withdrawal from September 2nd, the day I sent the data as requested .....
I solicited several times and every time I was promised the following week ....
I think I have had a lot of patience, it is an unacceptable behavior for a premium product ......
I'm very disappointed with how Asus treats its customers

I couldn't agree more. A "Premium" product. :mad:

MasterC@ROG
10-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I'll be taking over this case. The people who have already posted here, your cases have already been escalated again and we have looking into ways to accelerate the process. Again, we apologize for the delay.

morph.
10-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Had my headset was picked up on the 28th of October by the courier... still waiting for the replacement one to be delivered... :(

ThisIsSGAR
10-14-2017, 06:05 PM
I got my replacement back a couple of days ago but it seems the issue still persists. I love the sound this headset can produce, and I have an alternate mic, but I would like to be able to use the headset for communication as well.

I'm not sure if I somehow got really unlucky and they sent me a defective replacement or if I'm doing something wrong, but I feel a bit slighted.

I still love ASUS, and that probably won't change, but this whole situation has me a bit down. I waited for this headset since I caught the first hint of it over a year ago. I'm not even wholly unsatisfied, the sound is amazing, just a little disappointed by the mic.

tai50cent
10-16-2017, 01:14 PM
hello everyones , sry for my english , i bought rog centurion 7.1 , this head is very expensive in my country (vietnam) but i try to buy it for playing pubg to hear the footstep as this product advertised. Well , after using this and compare to my old headset The easar tornador with is more cheap , this centurion make me regret about my money , i can't hear the footstep clearly and the sound is missing . example i can't hear something behind me , a little sound and left and right of my character face . And the "sound area" is small , can't prepare before something big coming like airdrop and cars . i downloaded the newest firmware already , insteall the sonic studio already but just a little improve . And today i hear something like " tin tin tin "............ pls update the driver or firmware fast . and my Centurion have series id Begin by H7 , does it's possible to replace new one because the mic is not good ? pls help !

Valle
10-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Still nothing. A compensation maybe? *crickets*

MasterC@ROG
10-17-2017, 02:16 AM
hello everyones , sry for my english , i bought rog centurion 7.1 , this head is very expensive in my country (vietnam) but i try to buy it for playing pubg to hear the footstep as this product advertised. Well , after using this and compare to my old headset The easar tornador with is more cheap , this centurion make me regret about my money , i can't hear the footstep clearly and the sound is missing . example i can't hear something behind me , a little sound and left and right of my character face . And the "sound area" is small , can't prepare before something big coming like airdrop and cars . i downloaded the newest firmware already , insteall the sonic studio already but just a little improve . And today i hear something like " tin tin tin "............ pls update the driver or firmware fast . and my Centurion have series id Begin by H7 , does it's possible to replace new one because the mic is not good ? pls help !

Hi Tai50cent,

If games do not sound like you expected, try to play around with the audio settings or even start a new thread to see what settings other forum members are using to play PUBG. If your microphone appears to have an issue, please private message me the information below (for your privacy, do not post here).
1. Full Name
2. Phone number
3. Email
4. Address
5. Serial number of headset (should contain CM)
6. Proof of purchase / invoice

Thanks

MasterC@ROG
10-17-2017, 02:22 AM
I got my replacement back a couple of days ago but it seems the issue still persists. I love the sound this headset can produce, and I have an alternate mic, but I would like to be able to use the headset for communication as well.

I'm not sure if I somehow got really unlucky and they sent me a defective replacement or if I'm doing something wrong, but I feel a bit slighted.

I still love ASUS, and that probably won't change, but this whole situation has me a bit down. I waited for this headset since I caught the first hint of it over a year ago. I'm not even wholly unsatisfied, the sound is amazing, just a little disappointed by the mic.

Hi ThisisSGAR,

Sorry to hear that. If the microphone doesn't seem to sound any better, then we should replace it. I have put in the request to have another sent out to you. Someone will be in touch.

morph.
10-17-2017, 03:09 AM
MasterC@ASUS - any update on where my replacement headset is? I have been without one since the courier has picked mine up on the 29th of September....

18 days without a headset & pending.... Was initially advised it would take a 10 day turn around....

Guyvergamingtv
10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
still waiting for mine as well, been jut over 2 weeks, though may take 3-4 weeks as they are coming from China arnt they?

Gaz936
10-18-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm the guy who started this thread and I'm really sorry to see that your replacements are taking so long.

I had my replacement BEFORE I was asked to send the faulty headset back, that seemed like the best way to do it. Why yours have been done the other way around only ASUS can answer.

From notification of mine being sent out from China, it was only a couple of days before I received it as it was sent by Air Freight and this was back on the 1st Sep, so realistically they shouldn't take the 3-4 weeks that have been mentioned.

8ball1986
10-18-2017, 04:50 PM
two times i wrote all necessary informations to bahz but he did not answer. I have still that Problem with the microphone. On the asus Support page i wrote my Problems but also there is no answer!

Valle
10-18-2017, 07:55 PM
I think i have number 270 of the first headsets made and i have been asked for the information twice already and promised to be called by someone from asus the coming week over and over. Not much have happened since 22th of august. In its current state the headset is a really ****ty product and according to some posters in this forum some replacements are still as ****ty with the mic and subwoofer/surround sound problems.

I really hope asus delivers on this i do have some patience still.*

Bruc3
10-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Been told that ASUS will contact me. Nothing yet.

Sent my information 3 months ago, soon 4.

I understand that it will take time, but what's the priority? People who's been talking about this problem or to send out new to the stores?

Considering order a mic, just to be able to speak on Discord. Would not be a mic from Asus..

MasterC@ROG
10-20-2017, 03:52 AM
two times i wrote all necessary informations to bahz but he did not answer. I have still that Problem with the microphone. On the asus Support page i wrote my Problems but also there is no answer!

Hi 8ball1986,
Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll follow up on this, for any questions you can PM me.

MrCyberdude
10-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Many Weeks, still waiting. Was told a swap but instead took my headphones. Waiting!

This service is complete rubbish, no response and then I do a search and discover Bahz is no longer on forum.

No wonder I'm getting NO RESPONSE. This is seriously the WORST customer experience.

I could have just walked into the original shop i purchased the headset from and gotten a REFUND,
then purchased a NEW set of headphones after testing the mic.

Now ASUS have my headphones, I have nothing, not even a RESPONSE. The next call will be to the Police and the ACCC as what ASUS told me they would do has not eventuated.

MrCyberdude

Kebrak
10-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Yap I delivered mine and i am still waiting for the Replacement.

Any News regarding this issue ?

morph.
10-22-2017, 07:50 AM
After a couple of follow-ups I finally got my replacement headset;

My headset was picked up by a courier on the 29th of September...
My replacement headset finally came on the 20th of October.
Total turn around was about 21 days a long time to be without a headset luckily I still had my old pair.

I guess the most disappointing thing of this whole process was the duration it took... I got a DHL notification that it was being sent on the 18th of October and it only took 3 days for it to be delivered. However it took 20 days before any action was done from what I saw in my end & it required me chasing it up a few times e-mail / phone calls etc...

The result was I finally got the headset.. and can confirm the mic clarity has improved and is definitely clearer.

MasterC@Asus - How long till we can expect a revised firmware / driver for the centurion its been some time since the beta driver and feedback regarding echo and what not for 2.0 mode? Thanks.

Guyvergamingtv
10-22-2017, 02:54 PM
they took my headset on the 26th of sept i think it was and still not had my replacement. may have to start asking questions.

8ball1986
10-23-2017, 09:09 AM
I still try to get a call for replaceent but my Phone number is not on that list and bahz is not answering. Is anybody there ?

xeromist
10-24-2017, 01:40 AM
I still try to get a call for replaceent but my Phone number is not on that list and bahz is not answering. Is anybody there ?

Bahz is no longer working for ASUS. Contact MasterC@ASUS for any issues Bahz was handling.

Valle
10-24-2017, 03:26 PM

where can you see that list?

Kebrak
11-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Guys i need some help please.

After i asked for a replace of the headset, throught here to Baz, someone form Asus contacted me, and said i had to send mine, and i asked should i sent with everything, they replied me yes.
Ok perfect, now the issue is i sent everything to them including the device that little console that conects to the computer.
i have received the new headset today and no Console comes with it. so i have a headphone that i cannot use.
Do you know Who can i contact to solve this situation, since as it seems Baz no longer works here ?

xeromist
11-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Guys i need some help please.

After i asked for a replace of the headset, throught here to Baz, someone form Asus contacted me, and said i had to send mine, and i asked should i sent with everything, they replied me yes.
Ok perfect, now the issue is i sent everything to them including the device that little console that conects to the computer.
i have received the new headset today and no Console comes with it. so i have a headphone that i cannot use.
Do you know Who can i contact to solve this situation, since as it seems Baz no longer works here ?

Local support would be the first and best step. I don't know if anyone else is handling the Centurion exchanges so for now just keep trying MasterC if your local support won't correct the issue. I'll let you know if I hear any different but it's likely ASUS would post it in this area if anything changes.

Kebrak
11-07-2017, 12:00 PM
I have contacted both local support and here, still waiting for reply.

morph.
11-07-2017, 10:52 PM
You were only supposed to return the headset, nothing else.

Kebrak
11-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Yes i understand that now,

But when i was contacted by the support, they did not informed me that.
And now they have my Amp piece. So i am just asking for the return of it. No feedback until now.

Shevvie
11-08-2017, 12:56 PM
You were only supposed to return the headset, nothing else.

I'm in the same situation with no Audio Station. I was specifically told to put everything back in the box, the AsusUK guy even mentioned the stand and the audio station so I did that and I now have my new headset with no way to use it. lol. It just sounds like miscommunication to be honest, it happens, I just hope I can get the audio station and some fabric ear cushions sent out to me in a timely manner. I'm not overly fussed about the stand.

Kebrak
11-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Yap,

Same instructions given by Asus UK, I have sent the whole Box, i even asked that if they needed the Stand, cause the Stand had fell from the desk it was cracked.
And they said, no problem, we dont need the stand.
Just the Stand was cracked, headphones and amp where completely mint. And now i have no feedback here, and Asus Portugal basically said we have no knowledge contact the Forum.
I have had several asus products in my life, Motherboards, graphic cards, 2 Gaming Laptops and fortunely never need any kind of assistance.
First time i have some kind of issue i am without my Headphones of 269 Euros for more 2 months.
I praise Asus for trying to fix a problem with the headphones, since problems with products can happen with any brand.
But now with no feedback, this is not looking good.

Guyvergamingtv
11-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Ye I'm the same, sent the lot as instructed. Still had nothing back so I'm out the headset and 290 trying to get answers but not having much lick atm. Not great customer support so far, started off well then seems to have gone down hill after the headset was picked up. No info what so ever.

Kebrak
11-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Ye I'm the same, sent the lot as instructed. Still had nothing back so I'm out the headset and 290 trying to get answers but not having much lick atm. Not great customer support so far, started off well then seems to have gone down hill after the headset was picked up. No info what so ever.

Guy, check with the customs, my headset was stuck there a bit since they come from China.
Just beware if you send the amp also, it will arrive without it for sure.

Guyvergamingtv
11-09-2017, 10:51 AM
not even had word it has been sent yet, last i heard asus UK rang me and said they didnt receive the old one back, i told hi it was collected the day after he had arranged and said he would look into it. that was the last i heard. i was told to send the lot back so i want the lot back, Asus can send the rest separate i dont care, but i payed for the whole package and thats what i am expecting back. still no word from MasterC either. this is getting stupid now. the lack of information is beyond a joke. i have been patient but my patients are running out very fast. this will not go down well on the next review, specially is the mic is still crap lol. i want inof and a contact i can get in touch with to see what the hell is going on.

Guy, check with the customs, my headset was stuck there a bit since they come from China.
Just beware if you send the amp also, it will arrive without it for sure.

Bruc3
11-10-2017, 12:43 AM
not even had word it has been sent yet, last i heard asus UK rang me and said they didnt receive the old one back, i told hi it was collected the day after he had arranged and said he would look into it. that was the last i heard. i was told to send the lot back so i want the lot back, Asus can send the rest separate i dont care, but i payed for the whole package and thats what i am expecting back. still no word from MasterC either. this is getting stupid now. the lack of information is beyond a joke. i have been patient but my patients are running out very fast. this will not go down well on the next review, specially is the mic is still crap lol. i want inof and a contact i can get in touch with to see what the hell is going on.

Did you send the amp aswell?

Asus Sweden called me. Told me they would send me everything, was waiting for a shipping label. Today the sent a courier..ofc I didnt have the box with me.

Guyvergamingtv
11-10-2017, 02:25 PM
yup, boxed it up as new and sent everything. so that is what is im expecting back. the or the 290 i payed for it. one or the other will do at this point as not happy with the hassle this has caused to get a simple replacement.

Did you send the amp aswell?

Asus Sweden called me. Told me they would send me everything, was waiting for a shipping label. Today the sent a courier..ofc I didnt have the box with me.

Kebrak
11-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Guys,

I have another update, today another Box arrived by DHL, and surprise surprise ....
Another pair of Headphones.... I now have 2 pairs of headphones and no amp.. And no feedback from anyone.

This should be funny if it wasnt tragic

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Guys,

I have another update, today another Box arrived by DHL, and surprise surprise ....
Another pair of Headphones.... I now have 2 pairs of headphones and no amp.. And no feedback from anyone.

This should be funny if it wasnt tragic

I have no words....

Guyvergamingtv
11-13-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm gob smacked. Absolute cluster f#*+ atm. No info from anyone on here either.

toretobcnn
11-13-2017, 05:09 PM
I think it's enough to force ASUS to take measures to publicly acknowledge failure, giving information and others! IS IT INTOLERABLE ... can we be strong by tweeter, expensive or somehow joint?

Syraxal
12-15-2017, 10:55 PM
@Morph, @MrCyberdude & any other Australians on here, have you gotten your headset replaced yet, is the 'new' set any better hardware wise, speakers or mic or both?

I'm also in Australia and have been looking at this headset ever since it's come out but with all these horror stories I've been putting off purchasing a set for about 6+months now.
Are you guys able to take a look at the production number, Hardware Version OR MFG year on the original box you guys bought, I'm not wanting to purchase one of the dodgy Mic/speaker pair if I can help it, I'll be in Perth on Monday so I'll be able to take a look at a pair, if their MFG date is relatively new... well newer then your H.Ver, MFG date, etc. I might buy them if it's roughly the same I'll just pass.

It's sad I've been looking/waiting for a replacement for my Analog Razer Tiamat 7.1's but for everything that's going on maybe they're still the best on the market for true 7.1 speaker channels. I am using a Soundblaster 7.1 sound card with them, so that's possibly the saving grace, but I'm wanting to upgrade to a Mini-ITX so the card will have to go.

Hope you guys get your replacements soon, but if you can please take a look and post here MFG, Hardware Ver. dates etc. myself and possibly others might be able to avoid this debacle.