PDA

View Full Version : How to stop key squeak.. (G752)

Darnassus
07-29-2017, 08:50 AM
One of my keys squeak quite loudly, the E key namely, how do you get them to be quiet? :f What would I use?

haihane
07-29-2017, 09:02 AM
My curiosity compelled me to want to know how squeaky it actually is,

And whether throwing a cat at it would scare it into not squeaking (joke)
#dontbanmepls

haihane
07-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Ok jokes aside,
I may have some unorthodox methods which involve opening the thing up, and putting some oil in the general vicinity, and massaging da keys till it stops squeaking.

What I'm not sure is : that'll probably bork the warranty. Probably.

Not sure if this is a good idea after all.

Darnassus
07-29-2017, 09:29 AM

#dontbanmepls

So I did the unspeakable, the unholy, the ludicrous and have pried off the key cap. *shiver* and soaked the scissor in isopropyl. It worked. I was afraid it was because the cap was rubberised and it was grinding the frame.

And, yes.. it was quite loud.. like, door squeaking loud almost.. it was VERY bad.. I should've recorded it.

Eleiyas
07-29-2017, 10:01 AM
I can only imagine taking that unit to a library or something and deliberately squeaking the key and everyone flipping out thinking its a mouse or something :D

Darnassus
07-29-2017, 10:29 AM
I can only imagine taking that unit to a library or something and deliberately squeaking the key and everyone flipping out thinking its a mouse or something :D

If you want a mindblow..... it was a VOWEL.. :c

davemon50
07-30-2017, 12:20 AM
That's a new one on me, but I'm glad you were brave enough to sort it out. There are online stores where you can buy replacement keys for specific laptop models (and I have done this successfully before with broken keys, specifically Dell), but never ran into a squeaky key before. Hey, at least you can say you had a spare mouse for your laptop !

Darnassus
07-30-2017, 05:53 AM
Hey, at least you can say you had a spare mouse for your laptop !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! ;U!

I assume the joint in the scissor was simply too tight so when it sunk on an angle it would squeak. It would only do so if I was pressing the bottom right corner of the key..

But hey I never hit the very center of keys. ;d

davemon50
07-30-2017, 04:57 PM
I'm lucky to hit the correct key at all. If my BACKSPACE button broke you wouldn't be able to read my posts. :D

Darnassus
08-25-2017, 03:26 PM

#dontbanmepls

FFFFFFFFFF!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt7et9arcaA

haihane
08-25-2017, 03:51 PM
FFFFFFFFFF!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt7et9arcaA

roflcopter.
http://media.riffsy.com/images/dc74818034bdeb1cb1c8c136fb675ecf/tenor.gif

Darnassus
08-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I swear the G752 Gen 2's keyboards are borked!

THIRD Keyboard!

OnePiece@ASUS
08-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Sorry for the trouble.

I would like to suggest you to bring back your NB to our service center to adjust the keyboard.

The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Darnassus
09-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Okay so it's happened to my letter H, letter S, and now, my letter U.

I've managed to fix it.. but these key tiles are so damn fragile, prying them off is scary since the clips break off so easily.

No doubt the worst keyboard I've had on a laptop. My ASUS service centre has had similar reports with problematic keyboards..

To the guys here who're using external keyboards, ya'll crazy but I envy you right now..

Edit:

Now the L key.

I'm just going to stop fixing them and see how many go bad.. :f

Digimutant
09-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Okay so it's happened to my letter H, letter S, and now, my letter U.

I've managed to fix it.. but these key tiles are so damn fragile, prying them off is scary since the clips break off so easily.

No doubt the worst keyboard I've had on a laptop. My ASUS service centre has had similar reports with problematic keyboards..

To the guys here who're using external keyboards, ya'll crazy but I envy you right now..

Edit:

Now the L key.

I'm just going to stop fixing them and see how many go bad.. :f

I bought a new board from a parts store. I got a different tech to install it for me. As I do not care about warranty at this stage for atrocious quality, this may be my first and last Asus computer. It's almost a joke using fragile plastics for something used almost every single day... Asus ought to deposit some money into quality instead of quantity and perhaps ally with Steelseries like MSI has...

Darnassus
09-06-2017, 07:13 PM
The G750 was osom, but yap, the 752 keyboard seems like a real flop..

Digimutant
09-06-2017, 07:45 PM
The G750 was osom, but yap, the 752 keyboard seems like a real flop..

Still pondering if I just had a lemon keyboard but my fingers, gut and my senses tell me they're almost all like this. My "k" key fell off. This feels fragile.

Darnassus
09-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Well I had the G752.. didn't like how the keyboard was clicking when rubbing the keys up and down (The tiles don't sit on a smooth frame, and instead grind around), key fell off.. thought it was a defect, sent it away.

New keyboard, same issue, grindy keys.. also, the unit came back with the NVMe controller dead, sent away again, got refund..

Bought G752 again, keyboard same..

Definitely the keyboard.. :f

Clintlgm
09-06-2017, 08:45 PM
I guess I'm lucky I got a gen 1 752.

Darnassus
09-07-2017, 05:13 AM
I guess I'm lucky I got a gen 1 752.

I've overheard that the keyboards are different somehow, depending on what model you get, in terms of the GPU inside.

The Tech told me, on the 900m series.. (G751's?) the 960 and 970 have a different keyboard to the 980. The 980 one has aluminium and the others were made of something else.

I just hope that this G752 1070 model is different to the 1080.. I might just have to refund again and try for that.. :f

Edit, I don't know how I've not realised this.. but there's no 1080 model of the G752. Holy hell I'm flagship I had no idea. ;U

Darnassus
09-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Fourth Keyboard, Y key squeaking.. uggh. ;f