PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JS IC chip problem

Razek
08-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Hi guys, 2 months ago my laptop wont start, so i've tried that thing with 45-60s holding power button, it didnt work so i've decide to go with my laptop in service. They said after 2 weeks they're looking for IC chip cuz seems like it's down and they can't find one in my country(Romania) , and they even can't find one in entire world (that's awkward). Now i'm still looking for chip, can anybody help me?

Clintlgm
08-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Hmm most chips are soldered on now days, so what they are probably looking for is a motherboard or a defective motherboard that, that particular chip is still good on?

Razek
08-04-2017, 02:18 PM
It's not good lol, i just said that's the problem :/ so i'm looking for another one and i don't know what to find on internet so I can help them to change it...

Clintlgm
08-04-2017, 02:27 PM
yes IC Chip is very vague this could include, CPU, GPU, sound chip, all kinds of IC ""Integrated Chips" on any motherboard. It sounds like your repair shop is trying to save you some money by finding the particular IC Chip defective on your mother board. Replacing the entire motherboard which included CPU and GPU are quite expensive if your warranty is done.

Razek
08-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I think they are trying to find the deffective IC cuz the entire mainboard it's gonna be expensive af and ofc i dont't have waranty anymore ^^. Is there any IC for Power suply or something like that? I can ask them next monday what IC is dead if somebody can help me ^^